King james Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Darren13

Dec 20, 2007
I wanted to know why some people say you need to have a KJV I mean i cant really understand it that great i like ESV and thats what i read its alot more easier to understand so i wanted to know why its so important to have a KJV?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
And I don't see how you can understand ESV if they clearly attack the Lord Yahshua/Jesus Christ. And the fact the ESV removed 16 bible verses of what Christ and his disciples said.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.P.S. KJV is not the only inspired English Bible by God. It is the last one in my humble opinion.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Yes, please note, that I never said that the KJV is the only inspired bible. I find that ridiculous to believe that is the only inspired bible, because it's not.So I prefer people reading the KJV because you can also look at the Hebrew and Greek words that are translated into English in the KJV.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.P.S. If you are interested in more. You can look at the topic under my sig.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
You are welcome Darren. I'm glad I can help you in any way.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
KJV and NKJV are the resources to use. The others are based off of the minority text aka Alexandrian text-type which leaves a lot to be desired. The KJV and NKJV are some of the only English translations you can readily find today that are based off of the less suspect Byzantine text type aka the Majority text. If you find the thees and thous difficult try the NKJV. Personally I like the 1769 Oxford edition of the KJV. The thees and thous actually help in understanding what is being said, if you know what the thees and thous mean. Plus the Kincaid Flesch scores for readability put the KJV at a 4th grade reading level whereas most other modern translations have a 5th grade or higher reading level... bottom line? KJV is easier because it has a simpler vocabulary... Most reference KJVs have an inline dictionary defining archaic words anyway.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ryan;28009)
KJV and NKJV are the resources to use. The others are based off of the minority text aka Alexandrian text-type which leaves a lot to be desired. The KJV and NKJV are some of the only English translations you can readily find today that are based off of the less suspect Byzantine text type aka the Majority text. If you find the thees and thous difficult try the NKJV. Personally I like the 1769 Oxford edition of the KJV. The thees and thous actually help in understanding what is being said, if you know what the thees and thous mean. Plus the Kincaid Flesch scores for readability put the KJV at a 4th grade reading level whereas most other modern translations have a 5th grade or higher reading level... bottom line? KJV is easier because it has a simpler vocabulary... Most reference KJVs have an inline dictionary defining archaic words anyway.
Actually Ryan... The NKJV is a bit deceiving if one don't know where to look. Try looking at my thread...Jag

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
(thesuperjag;28010)
Actually Ryan... The NKJV is a bit deceiving if one don't know where to look. Try looking at my thread...Jag
1st, why are you sad, second, what do you mean?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Ryan;28021)
(thesuperjag;28010)
1st, why are you sad, second, what do you mean?1. Well put it this way, I can only select one mood, although I'm in multiple moods. Happy and sad and tired.2. It's just that. The New King James Version is a bit deceiving. They changes in meaning in places, if thou compare from the Oldé King James Version. If you want, you can also take a look at my thread under my sig.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
OK, that makes more sense now... I've researched this for about 3 years now. Byzantine text is the way for me.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ryan;28029)
OK, that makes more sense now... I've researched this for about 3 years now. Byzantine text is the way for me.
Hehe, yea, Byzantine Texts is the way in texts for me too. I hate all bibles that uses the Alexandrian Texts, it's downright awful. I praise God for giving us Truth that is received by EVERYONE... unlike the "hidden secret" texts that plainly deceives everyone...JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(followerofchrist;28188)
What do yall think of the NIV bible?
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, they knowest not where they are walking when the translators did the translation. If they knew where they are walking, they would knew the Light. Lookest thou my thread if thou so desire under my sig. Let the truth be known.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.