King James Version Only...?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If you read the Book of Mormon it uses what I call king James english.

I am not sure what bible they use, I had a bible study with one about 20 years ago, out of respect I ready the Book of Mormon, I got about three quarters of the way through when it was so far out in left field it I could no longer go forward
The style of that book would probably to some ppl give it an aura of plausibility.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Bible is perfect?

Is it still in existence?

Can you point me to it?

The word of God endureth forever, correct?
It’s not the king James

you do realize back in Jesus day they had scrolls not bibles correct? I believe they also used the Septuagint a lot.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One can be Kjv Preferred, but no sense to be Only!
No, exactly. The KJV is a magnificent translation, but by no means is it perfect, nor without error or fallibility.
Personally, I strongly endorse not exclusively favouring one single translation, but as a rule, use as many translations as possible (those that share a translation fidelity and affinity with the most popular), at least at some point in your studies. Having a preference is great, but sooner or later, one must make an appeal to another translation, that renders a particular text more accurately and faithfully than one's preferred version.
Bible Hub underscores this point quite well.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One important thing found in the KJV is the use of God's name. The KJV translators removed that name and replaced it with the mistranslated "LORD" in nearly all of the many thousands of places it was found in the text they used, but miraculously used it at Ps. 83:18.

Psalm 83:16-18, KJV: "Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD [sic]. Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish: That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH art the most high over all the earth."

So why has the KJV actually removed that very name from its translation in the thousands of places it appears in the manuscripts and texts?

And why do KJV-only advocates not seek that name and use it as Ps. 83:16-18 demands? Do we ever find them consistently using "Jehovah" as their KJV insists in that scripture.

So why does no KJV-Onlyist answer these important questions?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not the king James

you do realize back in Jesus day they had scrolls not bibles correct? I believe they also used the Septuagint a lot.
So, we are on our own with only fragments of copies of God's pure word and thousands of differing translators? God dropped out of the picture? God's word did not endure forever?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One important thing found in the KJV is the use of God's name. The KJV translators removed that name and replaced it with the mistranslated "LORD" in nearly all of the many thousands of places it was found in the text they used, but miraculously used it at Ps. 83:18.

Psalm 83:16-18, KJV: "Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD [sic]. Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish: That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH art the most high over all the earth."

So why has the KJV actually removed that very name from its translation in the thousands of places it appears in the manuscripts and texts?

And why do KJV-only advocates not seek that name and use it as Ps. 83:16-18 demands? Do we ever find them consistently using "Jehovah" as their KJV insists in that scripture.

So why does no KJV-Onlyist answer these important questions?
Why does tigger 2 try to debunk a KJV that he has no idea how they translated it?

Your scholar buddies hate the KJV and make up fake arguments, like CNN in ever press briefing with Kailey M.

Thing is, the translators are 400 years old and too old to defend their works.

They were ordained of God to ELECT the words and phrases used.

Also, the word "Easter" is accurate in Acts, but you detractors do not have a clue what the translators meant it to say.

I guarantee that NOBODY here knows what it means, except myself.(because I seek to vindicate the KJV, God showed me)

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, exactly. The KJV is a magnificent translation, but by no means is it perfect, nor without error or fallibility.
Personally, I strongly endorse not exclusively favouring one single translation, but as a rule, use as many translations as possible (those that share a translation fidelity and affinity with the most popular), at least at some point in your studies. Having a preference is great, but sooner or later, one must make an appeal to another translation, that renders a particular text more accurately and faithfully than one's preferred version.
Bible Hub underscores this point quite well.
Those in the Kjvo make it seem as if all against them hate the Kjv, we do not, but cannot agree that it is the best or only to use!
Why not use the Greek or Hebrew texts if able to read them?

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does tigger 2 try to debunk a KJV that he has no idea how they translated it?

Your scholar buddies hate the KJV and make up fake arguments, like CNN in ever press briefing with Kailey M.

Thing is, the translators are 400 years old and too old to defend their works.

They were ordained of God to ELECT the words and phrases used.

Also, the word "Easter" is accurate in Acts, but you detractors do not have a clue what the translators meant it to say.

I guarantee that NOBODY here knows what it means, except myself.(because I seek to vindicate the KJV, God showed me)
The Holy Spirit did NOT inspire their decisions and renderings!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Kjv was no more ordained then any other translation!

It was actually...but just in the denomination called the Church of England.

Not really any other church denomination...a few might but it was constructed for England's church.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, we are on our own with only fragments of copies of God's pure word and thousands of differing translators? God dropped out of the picture? God's word did not endure forever?
I already showed you how Jesus conversation with peter is not correct in any English version you look at.

if it were to be truely interpreted. It would show how Jesus asked peter if he agape him, and Peters replay that he phileo him, and Jesus asked again, do you agape me, and peter again replying he phileo him, the third time jesus asked do you phileo him, which caused peter to cry out.

yet all three times Jesus said feed my sheep. My lambs etc...

see why did the English interpreter not transliterates the different works here? It was ok for them to do it with Baptizo causing false gospels they could not do it here?

face it, although I can understand, peter denied him three times, so Jesus asked him three times if he loved (English) him as a means of encouraging

but knowing peter could not even come to say he agape Jesus, yet Jesus still told him to feed his people has a much deeper impact on those who read it, than just using one word to translate both types of love like the KJv did

so no. You do not have a perfect bible. If you think you do. Well I feel sorry for you