Kingdom not of this world

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all live in this world and can partake of it anyway we desire. We often identity ourselves by our names, and what we are about when it comes to the context of this world. From family linage, to our job status, to our politics, or our biases, or disabilities, which to me we are all disabled in some way or fashion. That is all fine and good. Working is not a bad thing to do either.

In my life do my best to allow people to be free, to think, have their own opinion, way of life, and really just simple desire to have love for them. Because we all are going to live life making our own decisions. That to me is the Christian way, is to love God first, and love other people, even if they are not Christian or they hate you. We are called to love, and forgive, have mercy.

The thing is one day we won’t no longer be in this world, and it’s come to my understanding about it only being 30 years old and having the life that has been had from all the struggles, tribulations, from warring with my self, to warring with others, and in the grand scheme of it all. Jesus saved my life, and do live by faith in his death, burial, and resurrection.

It doesn’t matter to me who you may be; drug addict, alcoholic, murderer, gay, straight, white, black, republican, liberal, democratic.

(Our worldly life shouldn’t have an effect on us if we are Christian because one is now know as a Child of God, and what is the point to all these worldly things if now you come to understand you are part of a heavenly citizenship because of faith?)

If you are a believer in Christ Jesus none of those things matter. What matters to me is having love for you, and simply sharing with you the message of what Jesus has said.

He even told Pilate while on trial that His kingdom was not from this world, so as believers we operate by different standards than the world itself and what it tells you in what you should do. We live by Jesus said to do, which is to Love God first, and to love others.

“Pilate answered, “Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered You to me. What have You done?” Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.””
‭‭John‬ ‭18:35-36‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps you need to correct the title of this thread as it is giving the wrong impression of what you are trying to post.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are a believer in Christ Jesus none of those things matter. What matters to me is having love for you, and simply sharing with you the message of what Jesus has said.
Yes! I think we undergo daily identiy crises. If we can keep this straight, we do much better!

Colossians 3:1-5 KJV
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
5) Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world...
This declaration by Christ has been greatly misunderstood. What Jesus was saying is that His Kingdom is not like all the other kingdoms of the world since it orginates in Heaven. That in fact it is a totally different kingdom. But Christ did not deny either (1) that He is a King and (2) that He will have a Kingdom on earth. Indeed the Kingdom of God on earth will be ruled by Christ after His Second Coming. But since the first coming of Christ was to be the Lamb of God who would be crucified by the Romans, He would allow them to do whatever they wished without divine intervention or the intervention of angels.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm thinking the idea here is to remember we are of a different kingdom than this world's kingdom. So we remember to BE different.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes @marks according to scriptures we are citizens of a heavenly kingdom which to me is here now in believers. Philippians 3:20. Some may believe that the kingdom is to come, I am of the belief that the kingdom is already here, and believers are experiencing being part of it by living in the Spirit.

Reactions: marks