Kingdom Now, Really?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You poor misguided soul, you want to appear so... righteous, even though you threw an unwarranted attack directly at me just for my declaring God's written Word.
This projection has a bad odour Davy!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We actually cannot understand much of God's Word until we repent and believe on Jesus Christ and are baptized by The Holy Spirit. Then He opens His Word up to us, BUT ONLY IF we listen to Him in HIS WORD, staying in it, and being careful with listening to men.

It is natural for the new babe in Christ to want to trust learned men who attended seminary college, but that does not mean they learned The Bible, because the seminaries don't really teach much Bible (as admitted to me by more than one seminary graduate). They learn the denominational system's doctrines, Church history, administration, teaching The Gospel, and maybe two years of a Bible language (Hebrew or Greek). Studying and understanding the rest of The Bible is up to them to learn.

All Churches can preach The Gospel of Jesus Christ, that's their main job. But not all Churches teach all the Bible, like from Genesis all the way through to the end of Revelation, line upon line, chapter by chapter. They are supposed to, but they don't, or cannot, because one must have that calling from God. Most small Churches don't have a learned one in that office. Some of the wealthier Churches do have a Bible scholar teaching Bible, and that's all he does for that Church.

What do we do then in these times, because per Bible prophecy for the end, God revealed that our proper teachers are removed into a corner today, meaning they are seldom heard? (Isaiah 30:20). The answer is for each that is able, to discipline oneself in all of God's Word line upon line, chapter by chapter, asking God for understanding.

If you will do that, then you will know how to properly interpret that Matthew 4:17 verse you keep quoting.
Yes, when we repent of our sin, it becomes clear.

Reactions: Ziggy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only if you heed Apostle Paul per 2 Timothy 2:15 while asking God for understanding.
The Lord led me to repent of sin I was committing. My life was transformed. It's hard to believe the same doesn't happen to everyone else who repents.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord led me to repent of sin I was committing. My life was transformed. It's hard to believe the same doesn't happen to everyone else who repents.

Still got to crack open God's written Word and study after that though.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy I guess one could say that the kingdom and the church in Scripture are not exactly the same?

Yes and no. Technically, the word 'church' simply means a gathering of believers, the congregation.

Yet, Christ's Church also represents the foundation of Christ's future Kingdom. Per Apostle Paul and Peter, those of Christ's Church are to be 'lively stones' in the foundation, and we are built upon the foundation of the Apostles and prophets, with Jesus as the Cornerstone (Ephesians 2).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This projection has a bad odour Davy!

To set the record straight, showing YOUR remark also is unwarranted... here was my response to Ziggy's link of a guy claiming to preach Bible...

I said to Ziggy:
"I tried to get through the first video, but couldn't, because he was just condensing too much of The Bible per his own view, which became obvious eventually why, because he had devised his own 'system' theories, which actually left God's Word.

It's awful tempting to start one's own little following in the name of Christ, and make money with it, because there are so many gullible believers that just won't discipline themselves in study of all of God's Word, but rely on men to do it for them. For those who have disabilities and can't do that, then I understand why they lean towards such movements and organizations. And preaching The Gospel is a good work that organization is doing, but after one has believed and been baptized, do they need to keep having The Gospel preached to them again, and again, and again?"

Now I could personally also provide web links to Bible studies that I like, of preachers that I like, and even Bible commentaries that I like. But why do that here on a forum? Those who do usually show they do not have THEIR OWN UNDERSTANDING about things written in God's Word, so they default to someone whom they THINK knows, which is often not accurate (like the guy in the link provided by Ziggy).

And because I DISAGREED with that person in Ziggy's link, that gives Ziggy the right to try and rebuke me?? I really don't care if Ziggy wants to be fooled by such people like in that web link. But I'd rather a brother or sister in Christ get down to THEIR OWN BIBLE STUDY just to be able to 'check out' those kind of web links for theirselves.

And then you... chime in with an attempt to rebuke me, when YOU don't even know what you're talking about?!? It's madness on your part.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know brethren that "Kingdom Now" is actually a seminary doctrine among the Charismatics?
Is there any chance you could identify which seminaries teach this doctrine?

Sincerely interested.

I find this hard to believe seeing as how the vast majority of mainstream Christianity teaches Pre-Mil so if you can identify which seminaries teach Kingdom Now, we could take a more accurate look at what percentage may actually be teaching that.

Also, can you identify any mainstream high-profile pastors that teach Amil besides Voddie Baucham? He is literally the only one I have ever found who does.

These factors seem to contradict what you are claiming so I would be interested to find out if you're correct in your implication that Amil, or Kingdom Now, is actually anything close to a mainstream teaching.