KJV vs. other translations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JimB,

Why would you be on a christian forum, trying to castigate this one bible version.

Where are your other posts and Threads that try to dishonor and criticize another Bible Version, using such venom??

Also, how is it that if someone uses the NIV, you are not ranting and raving about them "worshipping it", Jim B?

Its because you are not in a NIV HATER CULT, are you.

Game over.
Now, Find something better to do with your time that actually honors God.

And FYI, i have used a few Bibles., including Messianic scriptures, and the KJV.
If it's "game over" then why don't you leave?

I worship God, not a single Bible translation. That is idolatry, plain and simple.

I don't criticize other translations, including the best-selling NIV, because there are not any fanatics that swear that their preferred translation is the word of God. And I am not in any cult. It is just stupid to say such nonsense.

I will spend my time as I see fit, including honoring God. It shows your deluded mentality by your comparing the KJVO obsession with honoring God.

Again, the KJV is a single Bible TRANSLATION. It is not the definitive word of God. People like yourself claim that it is, but that doesn't make it so.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "joke" is that you think that the KJV, created over 400 years ago by a group of pepole who were commanded by their secular king to codify his personal view of Protestantism and eliminate any challenges to his rule is THE perfect word of God. That is really, really tragic!
No, that is what YOU say. I never said that, YOU just assumed them, and that is one of your problems with YOU trying to put YOUR words into other people's mouths in a vain attempt to discredit them.

I NEVER said the KJV was a 'perfect translation', and I am well aware of what the KJV translators wrote in their Letter To The Reader and to King James.

What I said was not made up, but based on FACT.

The Greek text used for the KJV Bible was the Traditional text which still to this day make up the majority of Greek New Testament manuscripts. Whereas, the manuscripts used for Wescott and Hort's new 1881 Greek translation from claimed 'older and better' Greek manuscripts has still... not been historically documented.

What does this mean, not 'historically documented'? It means that the early Church father's quotes and those of Christian history up to the time before revisions based on Wescott and Horts new Greek NT, instead show their study and comments from the Traditional Greek texts of the New Testament, even before the days of Erasmus.

And even in the personal letters of Wescott and Hort writing each other, they admitted what they were up to amounted to a conspiracy against the Textus Receptus which came out of the Traditional Greek texts. They even admitted in their letters they feared being discovered. One can read their letters which have been made public on the archive.org website.

So what I have said, which YOU bear false witness against, is that the KJV is still today the MOST ACCURATE English Bible version to date, and that is FACT. That doesn't mean it is a perfect translation, and I never said that. It is simply miles... better than the corrupt modern translations that use the Nestle-Aland and United Bible Societies modern versions based on the Alexandrian text.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Might some wonder just why, how, and when I came to understand there's major differences with the newer modern Bible versions? It happened over the years through Bible study with other folks, and even with a modern Bible version given me by my preacher that baptized me.

As I had said before, when studying with some friends that were using the NKJV and the NIV, with me reading from the KJV, they complained about their newer Bibles, because they well understood they were newer versions of the New Testament than the KJV that I was using. Most of them as children had even been brought up with the KJV Bible, and they just thought the newer versions were the same, but just easier to read! Nope, they recognized real fast those newer versions were not the same as the KJV. One even threw their NKJV down on the coffee table.

Now for those new to Christ, they wouldn't understand the difference between these newer Bible revisions simply because that's the status quo in today's time to use those modern versions. So they aren't going to be familiar with the difference between the pre-1881 Bible versions, of which the KJV is only one of those pre-1881 translations. So the revisionist's claim of "KJV only" people even is a joke, because the earlier Bible translations were from the same Traditional text as used by Erasmus and the KJV translators.

And in some places when reading from the KJV, they mentioned that verse was not even in their NKJV or NIV versions at all. That made me really wonder, especially about the NKJV, because I had thought it was the same as the KJV, but just with more of the thee's and thou's taken out. Nope, I found out that even the NKJV is ALSO based on Wescott and Hort's new 1881 Greek New Testament which Nestle-Aland and the United Bible Societies used!

Thus there IS... a major Bible revision conspiracy going on, and it's obvious to me that its purpose is to DIVIDE the Christian Church.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Slow down Guys.... All scripture is useful... The KJV is one of my top 5.... The NASB also... along with the Net study bible... So stop complaining... as EVERY Bible you read is only a Translation written by men! The True Bible is shown in the picture below.... Yep.... It's in It's 27 edition!!! BTY... the UBS is in It's 4th edition and completely supported by the KJV People/groups!

Make note the 27 edition of the Novum Testamentum Graece is EXACTLY the same as the USB 4th edition..... They only have changes in the critical apparatus... Not the Text!!!

Think about these FACTS!

Attachments

• BIBLE.jpg
    BIBLE.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 1

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Slow down Guys.... All scripture is useful... The KJV is one of my top 5.... The NASB also... along with the Net study bible... So stop complaining... as EVERY Bible you read is only a Translation written by men! The True Bible is shown in the picture below.... Yep.... It's in It's 27 edition!!! BTY... the UBS is in It's 4th edition and completely supported by the KJV People/groups!

Make note the 27 edition of the Novum Testamentum Graece is EXACTLY the same as the USB 4th edition..... They only have changes in the critical apparatus... Not the Text!!!

Think about these FACTS!

The Novum Testamentum Graece is the New Testament only, not the complete Bible.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can sting a bit to see and know when one has been sitting under this deception . We both know its all over the churches .
Only some cannot see it for what it truly is . I brought it to help others and to remind us to stay well planted in the scriptures
by which we shall test all men . They are everywhere Jim . From the old grandma and grandpa who sit in churches
to the young , to the leaders.
Once again you're setting yourself up as the judge of the body of Christ. Most Christian people are sincere in their beliefs, so "it's all over the churches" is nonsense. Who are you to condemn those who Jesus regards as part of His body? Judging them is judging Christ!

You had better be careful, as you will have to answer to the Lord for your self-righteousness and condemnation of His body.

Luke 18:9-14, "He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and regarded others with contempt: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, was praying thus, ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of all my income.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven but was beating his breast and saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his home justified rather than the other, for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Reactions: dev553344

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again you're setting yourself up as the judge of the body of Christ. Most Christian people are sincere in their beliefs, so "it's all over the churches" is nonsense. Who are you to condemn those who Jesus regards as part of His body? Judging them is judging Christ!

You had better be careful, as you will have to answer to the Lord for your self-righteousness and condemnation of His body.

Luke 18:9-14, "He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and regarded others with contempt: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, was praying thus, ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of all my income.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven but was beating his breast and saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his home justified rather than the other, for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted.”
You truly have no idea . Yall bought the hook line and sinker of this if one warns and etc they are GUILTY OF JUDGING .
You bought the very bait , THEY WANTED YOU TOO .
I condemn none . nor did the apostles who named names and warned out against all wickedness and false ways .
I just am making at true statement . I didnt say EVERYONE . But there are so many within christendom itself
that are flat out false . I mean FLAT OUT FALSE TOO .
Those will be exposed on my watch . cause i care for the peoples .
Most all churches i have seen and examined well , Are not just teaching a little error here or there , THEY FLAT OUT FALSE
deconstruction is their god now and they will do all
to twist scriptures and make it sound so loving and caring WHEN THEY DO SO . We better watch out .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Think about these FACTS!

And there above is YET ANOTHER ONE DECEIVED by the modern Bible revisionists!

That "Novum Testamentum" in its 27th edition (which at present is already in its 28th edition), is ALSO KNOWN AS THE NESTLE-ALAND EDITION! It is based on the CRITICAL TEXT that the so-called 'higher critics' claim is better than the earlier Bibles translated from the TRADITIONAL TEXT like the KJV.

A REMINDER, THE NESTLE-ALAND EDITION REPRESENTS A REVISION OF THE NEW TESTAMENT USING THE 'NEW' GREEK TEXT WHICH WESCOTT AND HORT 'CREATED'. LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN...

In 1881, the new Greek text which the British scholars Wescott and Hort presented to the Revision Committe (IN SECRET), was WESTCOTT AND HORT'S OWN BRAND NEW GREEK NEW TESTAMENT TEXT. It was NOT simply a translation into English. IT WAS A WHOLE NEW GREEK TEXT 'CREATED' FROM THE CODEX VATICANUS AND CODEX SINATICUS.

Last edited:

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Think about these FACTS!

The Novum Testamentum Graece is the New Testament only, not the complete Bible.
But it's worth the try... We have to try... then we csan give them sh.. the business...

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

OMG... Nothing in my post connects to your ideas... Silly Child!!!! Silly indeed...

Did you just write this Comment? I mean really... dumb F Fruit...

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You truly have no idea . Yall bought the hook line and sinker of this if one warns and etc they are GUILTY OF JUDGING .
You bought the very bait , THEY WANTED YOU TOO .
I condemn none . nor did the apostles who named names and warned out against all wickedness and false ways .
I just am making at true statement . I didnt say EVERYONE . But there are so many within christendom itself
that are flat out false . I mean FLAT OUT FALSE TOO .
Those will be exposed on my watch . cause i care for the peoples .
Most all churches i have seen and examined well , Are not just teaching a little error here or there , THEY FLAT OUT FALSE
deconstruction is their god now and they will do all
to twist scriptures and make it sound so loving and caring WHEN THEY DO SO . We better watch out .
LOL!!!

You set yourself up as the judge of your brothers and sisters in Christ. The Pharisees, whom Jesus condemned, had exactly the same self-righteous attitude. Your claim that you "care for the peoples" is a joke.

How can you possibly make a statement such as "
Most all churches i have seen and examined well , Are not just teaching a little error here or there , THEY FLAT OUT FALSE" and not see your self-righteousness???

You, in your state of self-delusion, cannot see the truth. And now it is time for me to return to the OP subject: Bible translations.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OMG... Nothing in my post connects to your ideas... Silly Child!!!! Silly indeed...

Did you just write this Comment? I mean really... dumb F Fruit...
Just because you see no connection doesn't mean that there isn't one. Silly child!!! Really??? Who is being a silly child?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Think about these FACTS!

But it's worth the try... We have to try... then we csan give them sh.. the business...
Only someone who has yet... to go deeper in The Scriptures of God's Word (Traditional text) would say something like that. Many of the modern New Testament versions based on the Critical text omit passages pointing to Christ's Divinity in The Godhead. Some scholars on the later revision committees for the modern versions were not even Christians!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only someone who has yet... to go deeper in The Scriptures of God's Word (Traditional text) would say something like that. Many of the modern New Testament versions based on the Critical text omit passages pointing to Christ's Divinity in The Godhead. Some scholars on the later revision committees for the modern versions were not even Christians!
"Many of the modern New Testament versions based on the Critical text omit passages pointing to Christ's Divinity in The Godhead." Evidence? (I doubt it.)

"Some scholars on the later revision committees for the modern versions were not even Christians!" There were a few people who were hired to make sure the English was both readable and understandable by non-Christians. That was and is an excellent idea.

It is far better than someone trying to read a 412-year-old (flawed) translation in a dead language!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Many of the modern New Testament versions based on the Critical text omit passages pointing to Christ's Divinity in The Godhead." Evidence? (I doubt it.)

"Some scholars on the later revision committees for the modern versions were not even Christians!" There were a few people who were hired to make sure the English was both readable and understandable by non-Christians. That was and is an excellent idea.

It is far better than someone trying to read a 412-year-old (flawed) translation in a dead language!
If you don't yet understand what I said, and what Wescott and Hort tried to explain because the Greek text they used for the revision committees was SHORTER than the Traditional text used for earlier Bible translations of the New Testament, then it HAS TO MEAN you don't have a clue of what you're talking about, but instead are on a FALSE AGENDA.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always found it ironic that Fundamentalists with the highest view of biblical inspiration uncritically use the KJV or NKJV, which is based on the latest and most corrupt Byzantine NT manuscripts. I will illustrate this in detail in future threads. Fundamentalists defending the KJV or NKJV have obviously not read a modern academically respected book on Text Criticism.

• Love
Reactions: Jim B

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then by all means... go deeper..... Given that The KJV 1611 was made from only 5 partial greek text that happened to be avaialble... and then filled in with the Latan vulgate because no greek text was available to fill the open gaps.... Go figure as it sux'ed so bad! Really only 5 manuscripts out of now thousands that we have available today..... So You are defending the 5 partical manuscripts of the 1611 KJV? Or some modern KJV version that includes Westcot and Hort's hundreds and now thousands of new manuscripts known after Erasmus' rushed his Text to print... Do you even have a 1611 KJV.... I Do...

What KJV do you claim to be the Word of GOD..... There are many to choose from??? They all differ.... Which of the many different verison of the KJV is legit????

You don't know do you??? Your just a follower of men.... They tell you the KJV is the only real bible but you don't know which one do you???

Really! I would like to know

Attachments

• KJV.jpg
    KJV.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Jim B and Berserk

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always found it ironic that Fundamentalists with the highest view of biblical inspiration uncritically use the KJV or NKJV, which is based on the latest and most corrupt Byzantine NT manuscripts. I will illustrate this in detail in future threads. Fundamentalists defending the KJV or NKJV have obviously not read a modern academically respected book on Text Criticism.
Indeed, the double down on defending the most error written translation available today in English.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Due to tired scribal eyes, there are 400,000 variant readings in NT Greek manuscripts (MSS). As already noted, the KJV translators only had access to 5 late and highly flawed Byzantine NT manuscripts, an insignificant amount, given the legion new manuscript discoveries, many of which are far older and more reliable. Text critics group manuscripts by gate, text type, and region. This allows Text Critics to identify when, where, and how certain errors crept into the text. The results can then be compared with NT quotations from still earlier church fathers. One of the most common errors of the KJV Greek manuscripts is conflation. Scribes would find one word in one MS and another in the same place in other MSS. Not knowing which was more original, they would then combine them both in a conflated text. But just how corrupt the KJV Greek text is will be demonstrated on a case by case basis in future posts.

• Love
Reactions: Pierac and Jim B