Know who your enemy is

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a war going on between God and Satan. When someone becomes a Christian he becomes a soldier in God’s army and a participant in that war. In order to wage war effectively we must know who our enemy is.

When we look at what is going on in the world we see many who are doing and advocating things that violate God’s commands. Some believe that women should have the absolute right to kill their unborn children. Others believe there is nothing wrong with homosexual activity and that the government should allow marriages between two people of the same sex. Militant Muslims use force to impose their beliefs on others.

These people are not the ones we are fighting.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 6:12 ESV

Unbelievers are under Satan’s control and are tools that he uses to carry out his program.

If our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
2 Corinthians 4:3-4 ESV

One of the things Jesus did while on earth was to give sight to the blind. When we encounter people who are spiritually blind our response should be not to condemn them but to try to open their spiritual eyes with the message of salvation. Here is how to do it.

The Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.
2 Timothy 2:24-26 ESV

Every time an unbeliever turns from his sins and puts his faith in Christ we win a victory over Satan.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your description of satan sure sounds scary - he sounds like an equal match for God - do you believe he is?

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
aspen said:
Your description of satan sure sounds scary - he sounds like an equal match for God - do you believe he is?
Isn't that what the Bible says about satan?? Where did you get that that was his description? That doesn't sound like he's an 'equal match' for God to me. Sounds like reminder to remember that we're in a war. Satan is a defeated foe. The losing man. We're winning praise God..

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is nothing compared to God. He is merely a warning for us to not become like he has become - narcissistic and evil to the core. The war is against giving into our own selfish desires. Satan is not omniscient, omnipresent or omnipotent - he is a creature just like we are. Satan would love to hear all of the whipped up propaganda about him on message board - feeds right into ego.

Risen Angel

Jul 23, 2012
So, the idea of this thread is that we are at war? But not with people? Yet, we are spiritual creatures, are we not?

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. (John 3:6-7)

How do you know that the person you are staring at is truly what you think? Arrogance. That's what I hear here. You say that Jesus opened the eyes of the blind, and in the same breath claim to be able to do the same. There is only one God.

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen. (1 Timothy 1:17)

Last night I was bound in shackles and an iron chain held me to the ground. Demons came and people watched. I pulled on that chain.. I pulled on that chain with everything that I have within me, stretching the cold steel until it broke. I have no illusion of where that power came from.

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. (John 17:23)

You speak of war, yet know nothing of it. You speak of being a soldier, yet fight in no war. The battle is not over when someone believes in Christ, it merely begins. Remember the parable Jesus spoke, about the seed and the sower? Devoured, scorched, and choked. Pay attention.

The sower soweth the word. (Mark 4:14)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1)

So, even after having received the word...

I took those same chains that bound me and used them to "discourage" my enemy, all the while screaming: "Why have you all stood by and allowed them to torture [torment] me!?" I fought the evil, but those who stood by and did nothing are still held accountable.

Which are you?

'cause it all sounds academic and cold from where I stand; an exercise in vanity, all the while whispering: "We should do such and such..., as Christians." A good moral standing, an upright citizen, a teetotaler, a politically correct, religiously on the right side of the argument - with no blood on your hands. To you, the war is on the other side of the world. You complain that people are dying, children are crying, human rights are being violated - all for oil, but you still drive your car to work everyday.

You want to see a soldier, knee deep in the blood: take a look at our captain of salvation.

A question for you: do you think Satan just sits back and says, we won a victory when that one walked away from God? Do you think he simply allows it to rest at that? No. He does not. He will take that soul and twist it, torment it, torture it, turn it, violate it, corrupt it until nothing remains but a hollow shell. And what then? Perhaps he fills it up, builds it, trains it, pours into it, develops it into a soldier of his own - so lost in the darkness that light is nothing but a faint memory of something once seen long ago. And does this newly created soldier just simply walk around in the fire without purpose? No. He is released back into the world: this world. Do you think the spiritual can't reach out touch you? Naivety.

Do not misunderstand what I say here. I am not making the deceiver out to be anything but what he is - a shadow cast by the light.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: (1 Peter 5:8)

Christians today take this verse and turn it into a child's theme. They claim that the lion simply walks about roaring because he can only scare you. Well, ladies and gentlemen, lions have teeth which they use to DEVOUR you. And let's take a look at that last word of the verse a little more closely: "to consume by eating." Doesn't sound like this particular lion is simply stalking its prey; it has every intention of feasting on your intestines after tearing through your flesh.

Wake up!

There is only one way, one door, one God who can help you. Did you think you could enroll in the army and only do some marching drills while singing your favorite song? God is love, but he is also the sword. God is patience, but he is also the lightning. God is green pastures, but he is also the storm.

He is all, in all, and for all. Are you for Him?

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Risen Angel said:
You say that Jesus opened the eyes of the blind, and in the same breath claim to be able to do the same
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.
(John 14:12 ESV)

Jesus opened the eyes of those who were physically blind. Through the Holy Spirit he gives us the power to open the eyes of those who are spiritually blind.

Risen Angel

Jul 23, 2012
I hear you and agree that we will do "greater works than these," but it is still not you doing these things: it is the power of God. Even Christ said,

Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. (John 14:10)

We are clay vessels.

But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand. (Isaiah 64:8).

And Jesus is the water that fills us.

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. (John 4:10)

We are not self reliant.

Reactions: justaname

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:12
12 “If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

2Kings 6:17
17 Then Elisha prayed and said, “O Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” And the Lord opened the servant’s eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

Colossians 1:15-17
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
16 For aby Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.
17 He ais before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

There is much that happens that we do not comprehend, see, or understand. The spiritual battle is thick, yet we need not lose heart. God is ultimately sovereign.

2Timothy 2:24-26
24 The Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged,
25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

Our only hope is in Him, not ourselves. He has authority and dominion over all...which includes human will and choice.

Many fall into the trap of self reliance and when confronted they fall because their trust was in themselves, not God. I agree to heed the wisdom given in scripture, yet we must be aware the reason for our victories.

Jude 9
9 But Michael the archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about the body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Hello Theophilus:
I agree with your post!
It is important to know our enemy for effective understanding of what Christ/God are engaged in!

Of course, Satan is not equal to God in this massive tussle, but he doesn't know or accept that fact! That's why he will attempt to annihilate Israel in the not too distant future!
More can be read on this subject at: www.revelationsmessage.co.uk "Satan's Origin" and "Satan's motivation".
These are under "Subjectindex".

Floyd.