KNOWLEDGE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
though you probably don't see it but your are trying to replace God's entitlement to fear and honor with your entitlement to not do so, correct?

to speak freely before the Lord that He would hear you is by His permission, according to His Way, not by your entitlement to be heard, or healed.

I don't have a sense of entitlement, far from it and it wasn't I who changed the word fear into worship, Jesus did! I am learning what my inheritance is and learning that the Kingdom of God is not arbitrary and learning how to bust the dam, break the walls and to not swim in a stagnant pond with a bunch of dead fish and what an excellent teacher He is. I want to live knowing, having the knowledge of what being an inheritor feels like and what belongs to me as a joint heir with God through Christ, to receive the fullness that Jesus paid for now, for me, today and not when the pearly gates click behind my heels.

Entitlement and inheritance are apples and oranges.

Reactions: Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Law has been replaced by Grace.

Your welcome.

that's not what Paul says is it?

Rom 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. 31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

and Grace goes back before the law the Torah the covenant:

Gen_6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

there is a prevailing theology called something to the effect of replacement as in the Christian community is the replacement for Israel could have been during the catholic church's reign not sure. that school of thought is said to be dwindling and your thinking is a part of that.

and the law is still the testament that it is that man is what he is and the Son of God is the Son of God nothing has changed but the fulfillment of the Son of God in the flesh.

also Jesus says:

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

to say that grace replaces the law is ignorant of the fact that the law is a testament to He who came in Truth and Grace. and also what you are saying is what Jesus says in 19 is obsolete in your opinion.

Reactions: GodsGrace

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whe nwill it ever end

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Rom_4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
Rom_5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Rom_6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom_6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Gal_2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Gal_5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

We choose, we live by the law and be judged by the law, or we live by His grace. One is His doing the other is our flesh at work, no one will enter into heaven by there own works, not one.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth - a right merry go round even getting off one horse on to another - an endless goose chase for some - imho -[2 Timothy 3:7] - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Why send me to Google?
Just tell me what hell's best kept secret is.
See. You're being afraid to share knowledge!

not at all - so why not just do as suggested as I am old and frail and must not stay up all night one finger typing - twinc