Label Us As Hateful!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
This forum seems to have some of this with their censorship New Zealand has passed legislation on "cyber-bullying" that has the potential to destroy freedom of speech and religion in that country. The Harmful Digital Communications Bill "will censor posts deemed offensive, racist, abusive or show religious intolerance" ("Mind Your Manners: New Zealand Criminalises Online Trolling to Prevent 'Hurt Feelings,'" Breitbart, Jul. 2, 2015).That covers almost everything! All that is necessary for action to be taken is for an individual to claim that he has suffered "serious emotional distress" by something published on the Internet. Further, the (allegedly) aggrieved party can remain anonymous. Laws designed to protect people's feelings can do nothing but destroy every semblance of freedom of speech and religion. We have no doubt that there will be a line of aggrieved queued up to take advantage of this new law, and the real bullying will be the nanny state's bullying of those who don't kowtow to political correctness. A Christian couple in Oregon, Aaron and Melissa Klein, were ordered to pay $135,000 to two lesbians for "emotional suffering" because they refused to make them a wedding cake in 2013. And If We say the only way to God and salvation is through Jesus Christ we will be labeled haters and intolerant! Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
And
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
blessedhope said:
This forum seems to have some of this with their censorship New Zealand has passed legislation on "cyber-bullying" that has the potential to destroy freedom of speech and religion in that country. The Harmful Digital Communications Bill "will censor posts deemed offensive, racist, abusive or show religious intolerance" ("Mind Your Manners: New Zealand Criminalises Online Trolling to Prevent 'Hurt Feelings,'" Breitbart, Jul. 2, 2015).That covers almost everything! All that is necessary for action to be taken is for an individual to claim that he has suffered "serious emotional distress" by something published on the Internet. Further, the (allegedly) aggrieved party can remain anonymous. Laws designed to protect people's feelings can do nothing but destroy every semblance of freedom of speech and religion. We have no doubt that there will be a line of aggrieved queued up to take advantage of this new law, and the real bullying will be the nanny state's bullying of those who don't kowtow to political correctness. A Christian couple in Oregon, Aaron and Melissa Klein, were ordered to pay $135,000 to two lesbians for "emotional suffering" because they refused to make them a wedding cake in 2013. And If We say the only way to God and salvation is through Jesus Christ we will be labeled haters and intolerant! Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Jesus called us to be "Wise as serpents and harmless as Doves", and this couple wasn't. They could have just refused to bake them a cake by saying, "sorry we can't do this for you". No explanation is/was needed. If you take a public stand then you have to face the public backlash. IMO, it seems some Christians are wanting to make a name for themselves as martyrs or the persecuted, and THAT is not what Jesus calls us to do. Shining our light and being the salt of the earth does NOT require speaking or oratory...it requires BEING.