Laodicea is American Churches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
To the Church in Laodicea
“And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation. “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’” - Revelation 3:14-22

There are many believers, cults and theologies that believe the Church of Laodicea is symbolic for a church age that we're currently in, while some believe it is some specific type of Christianity (denomination). One thing to understand is a lot of things in Revelation are symbolic while some are literal. Let me explain to you some of the aspect of this letter.

Having eye slave is symbolic for not having any discernment, understanding and not able to understand things on the spiritual level. That's what the advise is, to put eye slave on their eyes so they can see.

They say they are rich and have need of nothing. They think their are good, rich and they are blessed by God. The thing to understand about Laodicea is they were a rich and prosperous city, the name Laodicea means "Justice for the people". It had a reputation for being a very just city, for being rich and prosperous. For being the representative of justice as a whole for the region. The Church of Laodicea, what the actual city represent is something we can easily see in America, Canada and other parts of the world. The people that think because they have money, statues, position and recognition that they don't need anything.

Neither hot nor cold. That also is symbolic. Believe it or not, hot water is soothing and cold water is refreshing. What that means is they have nothing desirable in them to God. The type of things God looks for in servant is not what they have, the money, position, believes, they have all the stuffs. But they don't care either way about what God cares about in his servant.

Look at the problems that Jesus have with the Church of Laodicea, "you do not realize that you are poor, miserable and naked." "I consult you to buy from me gold refined in the fire." What does that mean? Gold refined in the fire, so that you could be made rich. They though they were rich, they are not. That is symbolic, the gold refined in the fire is the gospel. Not the gospel that generalized that Jesus died and rose again, but the gold refined in the fire is doctrines, teachings and believes! It is important to be right, it is important to be correct. Gold refined in the fire is the truth of the Word of God. Eye slave, they don't have discernment, nor any understanding. They were naked, sinful. They didn't care, that is their sin, they didn't care. They didn't care about their false doctrines, about anything! They didn't care about what the truth was, they didn't care anything but themselves. What they practice is sinful, what they believe is wrong. They didn't understand anything and they though they were good. They just don't care.

What did Jesus said? I will spite you out of my mouth. That means they will be rejected, not only killed, they will be thrown out of their place. They will not be saved, they will die and go to hell. In this world, they will not live.
This is a message upon America, this is a message upon America's churches. Not to America as a whole, not the government, because those who are lost, there is no message for them.

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit of the Lord says.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
What translation of Rev 3:18 is that? The one I see have us buying gold from God.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
lforrest said:
What translation of Rev 3:18 is that? The one I see have us buying gold from God.
You are correct. Typing error on my end. That's the English Standard Version.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
lforrest said:
That's better :)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Yes, a major issue with the Church is biblical illiteracy. Then there are those that know the bible and lack decernment. Also the unrighteousness, Sunday morning pew warmers that forget God when they walk out the door.

As for hot and cold my opinion differs. Jesus would rather they be cold because then he wouldn't even bother with them. It is only desirable to be hot, and on fire.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in the seven churches as ages...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the circumcision, Peter.
Smyrna - Gentile Persecuted Church - Beginning with the Apostle to the uncircumcision, Paul.
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

I believe that the Laodican church age began with DL Moody (pictured below), who with Ira Sankey, made money off hymn book sales and retired away comfortably.

DL-Moody-with-baby-granddaughter-Emma-college-students-pet-mastiff-dog-_Lion_-1896.jpg

If I may summarize...

Ephesus - Messianic - Jerusalem based
Smyrna - Gentile Persecuted Church - Antioch based
Pergamos - Orthodoxy... Constantinople based
Thyatira - Catholicism... Italian based
Sardis - Protestantism - German based
Philadelphia - Wesleyism - English based
Laodicea - Charismatic / Word of Faith - American based

All of these are Christian churches. They are just very much different one from another. And the spirit of the church is not based on the founding country alone. I believe the Anabaptist in Germany are Philadelphian based for example.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
rockytopva said:
I believe in the seven churches as ages...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the circumcision, Peter.
Smyrna - Gentile Persecuted Church - Beginning with the Apostle to the uncircumcision, Paul.
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

I believe that the Laodican church age began with DL Moody (pictured below), who with Ira Sankey, made money off hymn book sales and retired away comfortably.

DL-Moody-with-baby-granddaughter-Emma-college-students-pet-mastiff-dog-_Lion_-1896.jpg

If I may summarize...

Ephesus - Messianic - Jerusalem based
Smyrna - Gentile Persecuted Church - Antioch based
Pergamos - Orthodoxy... Constantinople based
Thyatira - Catholicism... Italian based
Sardis - Protestantism - German based
Philadelphia - Wesleyism - English based
Laodicea - Charismatic / Word of Faith - American based

All of these are Christian churches. They are just very much different one from another. And the spirit of the church is not based on the founding country alone. I believe the Anabaptist in Germany are Philadelphian based for example.
I didn't say it is based on the founding country. It is based on its member.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. - Revelation 1:20

A mystery is something to wonder about. I wonder if these churches rolled about in ages. I wonder about the time frame and geography of each church.

Ephesus - Messianic - Jerusalem based - I am thinking that this church is resurrecting into what is known as the Messianic church
Smyrna - Gentile Persecuted Church - Antioch based - Is the Coptic church that is still alive in Egypt Smyrnaean?
Pergamos - Orthodoxy... Constantinople based - Greek and Russian Orthodox.
Thyatira - Catholicism... Italian based - Roman Catholic
Sardis - Protestantism - German based - I believe also Calvinistic
Philadelphia - Wesleyism - English based - I believe also Armenian
Laodicea - Charismatic / Word of Faith - American based - Have a lot of churches internationally!

These are the things I wonder about as this is a mystery.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
rockytopva said:
The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. - Revelation 1:20

A mystery is something to wonder about. I wonder if these churches rolled about in ages. I wonder about the time frame and geography of each church.

Ephesus - Messianic - Jerusalem based - I am thinking that this church is resurrecting into what is known as the Messianic church
Smyrna - Gentile Persecuted Church - Antioch based - Is the Coptic church that is still alive in Egypt Smyrnaean?
Pergamos - Orthodoxy... Constantinople based - Greek and Russian Orthodox.
Thyatira - Catholicism... Italian based - Roman Catholic
Sardis - Protestantism - German based - I believe also Calvinistic
Philadelphia - Wesleyism - English based - I believe also Armenian
Laodicea - Charismatic / Word of Faith - American based - Have a lot of churches internationally!

These are the things I wonder about as this is a mystery.
The seven churches (7 lampstands) are seven end times churches. The 7 angles are 7 men who Shepard the church. The 7 churches, 2 to the Jews and 5 to the gentiles. 2 witnesses and 5 messenger.

Take it or leave it.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyone who attempts to understand the mystries of Revelation sees things the same way. Though we all see different interpretations of the mysteries, it is important that we leave the scriptures intact.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
rockytopva said:
Not everyone who attempts to understand the mystries of Revelation sees things the same way. Though we all see different interpretations of the mysteries, it is important that we leave the scriptures intact.
If the Spirit of God dwells in you, He is not the author of confusion. I still have much to talk to you, but you can yet bear it.

1 Corinthians 3
I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for solid food.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And... The ego of man is not the unction of God. Luther and Calvin would persecute and demean others for not buying into their teachings.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
rockytopva said:
And... The ego of man is not the unction of God. Luther and Calvin would persecute and demean others for not buying into their teachings.
My teachings comes from God. Period.

I did not attempt to understand, it is revealed unto me. I am a messenger, and the message is God's. I only unsealed the message for y'all, take it or leave it. I just don't care about nor respect opinions.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
lforrest said:
Yes, a major issue with the Church is biblical illiteracy. Then there are those that know the bible and lack decernment. Also the unrighteousness, Sunday morning pew warmers that forget God when they walk out the door.

As for hot and cold my opinion differs. Jesus would rather they be cold because then he wouldn't even bother with them. It is only desirable to be hot, and on fire.
Water in Laodicea was actually lukewarm and nobody liked it. How is a Christian walk comparable with temperature unless it is symbolic. How is hot or cold literal at all?
"Spew you out of my mouth" refers to the water being disgusting Unless you think we are literally carried about in His mouth...

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
davidnelson said:
Water in Laodicea was actually lukewarm and nobody liked it. How is a Christian walk comparable with temperature unless it is symbolic. How is hot or cold literal at all?
"Spew you out of my mouth" refers to the water being disgusting Unless you think we are literally carried about in His mouth...
I take it as figurative language, since the Church is the body of Christ he has power to expel them from himself.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got my definition of the seven churches from William Branham. I believe that William Branham was initially on the right track. Furthermore Branham enjoyed a healing ministry and at one time was a sought out evangelist... Until he made himself head of the Laodicean church. Now, if people are not following him, they are heretics. He also fell in with the oneness Pentecostals and became incredibly arrogant, which lead to the mans death... The story as retold by Freda Lindsay....
One day Kenneth Hagin came into our offices. He handed Gordon a piece of paper on which was written a prophecy he said the Lord had given him. The prophecy stated that the leader of the deliverance movement was soon to be taken in death because he was getting into error, and the Lord was having to remove him from the scene for that reason. Gordon took the prophecy and placed it on his desk.

After Brother Hagin left, I asked, “What do you think about this? Is this Branham?”

Gordon answered gravely, “Yes, it is Branham. He is getting into error. He thinks he is Elijah. He thinks he is the messenger of the covenant. The sad thing is that unscrupulous men around him are putting words into his mouth, and due to his limited background he is taking them up. ”

Two years later, William Branham, who had moved from his home in Jeffersonville, Indiana, was driving to Tucson, Arizona, his new base. In West Texas he had a head-on collision with a drunken driver and was taken to the hospital. His head became terribly swollen. A tube was placed in his throat to assist his breathing, but on Christmas Eve, 1965, he departed this world, even as the prophecy had stated. A tremendous ministry that had veered off course!
http://wp.believethesign.com/archives/14
I would be very careful on presenting the prophecies of Revelation, and do so with the greatest of humility of spirit,

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
"I would be very careful on presenting the prophecies of Revelation, and do so with the greatest of humility of spirit." I only teach what had been revealed to me. I only teach what God had revealed to me. I don't make speculations. Here's how I usually teach:

Milk -> Solid food

Milk is the nature of God, Jesus, sins, grace, after all that the message of salvation. doctrines.
Solid food is sealed messages and prophecy.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
davidnelson said:
"I would be very careful on presenting the prophecies of Revelation, and do so with the greatest of humility of spirit." I only teach what had been revealed to me. I only teach what God had revealed to me. I don't make speculations. Here's how I usually teach:

Milk -> Solid food

Milk is the nature of God, Jesus, sins, grace, after all that the message of salvation. doctrines.
Solid food is sealed messages and prophecy.
Yes... But we must very careful with prophecies and make sure that they are indeed from God!

3 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. - James 3