Last breath statement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger, I’ve thought a lot about your question. I don’t know what would be my final statement. But as one who has struggled with anxiety, panic, and fear; the thought of those final moments have been on my mind for decades. I was certain that death would be frightening and all I could imagine was what kind of epic fear would take over as I fight to hold on. So, I can’t give you a final statement I’d make, but I can tell you I no longer dread it.

After Stonewall Jackson was shot and attempts were being made to get him off the field with great difficulty, he thought at that time he was dying. He didn't till a few days later but he thought he was. He then told his chaplain later of his spiritual state at that time. From (Stonewall Jackson, R.L. Dabney, Sprinkle pub. 1983, p. 707-708)

"He then spoke, in answer to inquiries, of all the incidents of his fall, with entire freedom and quiet. After a little he added that he thought when he fell from the litter, that he should die upon the field, and gave himself up into the hands of his Heavenly Father without fear. He declared that he was in possession of perfect peace, while thus expecting immediate death. 'It has been,' he said, 'a precious experience to me, that I was brought face to face with death, and found all was well. I then learned an important lesson, that one who has been the subject of converting grace, and is the child of God, can, in the midst of the severest suffering, fix the thoughts upon God and heavenly things, and derive great comfort and peace: but, that one who had never made his peace with God would be unable to control his mind, under such sufferings, so as to understand properly the way of salvation, and repent and believe on Christ. I felt that if I had neglected the salvation of my soul before, it would have been too late then"

Stranger

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I have the luxury of conscious time and my spouse still was living, my heart would speak these types of words….

"Into your hands I come to you my Lord Jesus, to be in yours and our Father’s service. My wife comes shortly. Protect her while on the earth. Glory be to our God, our life."

I would believe my husband would have said this also when he went home........

At that very time my son was trying to adjust my husband air filter, and he "myson"
said he is gone.......... I looked at my son and said no look he is here.....
I was in shock I guess was not ready yet for my husband to go home...

Reactions: amadeus and APAK

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is for believers in Jesus Christ. As for others, I have no interest.

If upon your deathbed, you are cognizant and recognize your spirit is leaving, What would your final statement be?

Stranger

"Tag! You're it!"

The game will continue when the person I tagged gets to Heaven.

Just kidding.

I am not sure any one can really plan what they would say on their deathbed. Someone might be confessing their sins they had committed against you on your deathbed in your final moments and so whatever you had planned to say, you may find necessity to put it aside and say "I forgive you" as being your final breath.

In truth, if someone has something to say on their deathbed that is edifying towards the living, why wait until deathbed to say it? We all can say it as often as the Lord leads up to our deathbed... if it comes before the pre great rapture event when God will judge His House first.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Make it memorable. "Cya, wouldn't wanna be ya."

Reactions: Helen

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is for believers in Jesus Christ. As for others, I have no interest.

If upon your deathbed, you are cognizant and recognize your spirit is leaving, What would your final statement be?

Stranger

It's almost impossible to know where your mind will be when you are on the edge of death...but I think for myself...I'll just say "I'm going home."
The older I get (acknowledging that I'm not really that old!), the more I feel that this place is a hostile, strange environment...and I just long for home. So, knowing I'm about to go there will be not scary, but the wonderful start of my real life.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's almost impossible to know where your mind will be when you are on the edge of death...but I think for myself...I'll just say "I'm going home."
The older I get (acknowledging that I'm not really that old!), the more I feel that this place is a hostile, strange environment...and I just long for home. So, knowing I'm about to go there will be not scary, but the wonderful start of my real life.

Agree
I just hope I am not wracked in some vice of pain so that I can say "last words"!!! :eek:

Reactions: Nancy

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dying is not scary in the way I anticipated. It is strangely ordinary. I found myself experiencing the evil of dying and knowing God was in control.......it was numbing and I felt disassociated. I am no longer afraid of death or dying. I don’t remember saying anything and I am really not planning to say anything the final time - having one foot in another existence, experience seems to have muted my words.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Agree
I just hope I am not wracked in some vice of pain so that I can say "last words"!!! :eek:
Agreed! It is impossible to know how we'll "go out"...but I think the premise of the thread is to assume we will be able to...in other words...what we should like to say when we are uttering our last breath. Which is also hard to know, because we might be feeling differently at the end there. As many people have pointed out, sometimes people receive "heavenly ushers"...so to speak. I imagine that might change what I had carefully crafted as my "leaving this world" statement!!

Reactions: Helen