Last one to post Wins!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Nancy

I'm just nosy...are people coming to you at Christmas or are you going to family? Are you 'cooking' this year? :)

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Helen,
Been shopping ,,,,, and today we went to watch and drive the children to there weight lifting stuff.
they do a lot of sports......... So of course we like to watch when possible.
Gee,,,,, I sure do not know when I am going home ,,, I am so blessed with no pain and nothing
wrong with the body........ may be one day it will all come at one time ,,, sure hope so.
So how are you doing and feeling ? Good I pray !!!! :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Helen,
Been shopping ,,,,, and today we went to watch and drive the children to there weight lifting stuff.
they do a lot of sports......... So of course we like to watch when possible.
Gee,,,,, I sure do not know when I am going home ,,, I am so blessed with no pain and nothing
wrong with the body........ may be one day it will all come at one time ,,, sure hope so.
So how are you doing and feeling ? Good I pray !!!! :)

Oh good I'm glad to hear that you aren't sick or anything...just busy .. :)
I expect you'll all be doing a lot of "out and about" over the next week up to Christmas.

I'm doing better , thank you. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So.. @Nancy @Grams or anyone else...what was the highlight of you Christmas this year? Hoping everyone came through it healthy...
I have been dosing myself up daily...I think maybe I picked up a bug somewhere... but fending it off!! I may get off free from anything bad.

Blessings to you....H x

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So.. @Nancy @Grams or anyone else...what was the highlight of you Christmas this year? Hoping everyone came through it healthy...
I have been dosing myself up daily...I think maybe I picked up a bug somewhere... but fending it off!! I may get off free from anything bad.

Blessings to you....H x

Ah, highlights of Christmas this year was to make a turkey with all the fixins and spent the day with God and my 3 dogs :) Lot's of people coming down with stuff lately, many on Woman on The Warpath's FB page are sick, or have sick families! God bring you all health and vigor! I generally prefer to spend the holidays at home alone, too much hype and am not into it. But, the turkey was awesome :)
How about you all?

Reactions: amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All I can say, is trying to start a diet before christmas is not a good thing. They even got me a bottle of gin, and I asked why. oh because when I buy it you have a glass, how long ago was that about 6 months. I wonder how long it will last me 1 shot with lemonade a day, id say at least 3 months.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All I can say, is trying to start a diet before christmas is not a good thing. They even got me a bottle of gin, and I asked why. oh because when I buy it you have a glass, how long ago was that about 6 months. I wonder how long it will last me 1 shot with lemonade a day, id say at least 3 months.

Yay! Good to see you David...hope you stick around this time for more than 5 mins :D
I agree that the site can be depressing at times...with all the legalism going on ...but don't abandon us again too soon okay..

Only the other day @bbyrd009 asked about you...so more than just myself has missed you ...it's been over 18 months eh? Maybe two years...?

If you speak to Pia soon..please give her my love...she wouldn't enjoy the site right now...that's for sure. LOL

Take care...Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ah, highlights of Christmas this year was to make a turkey with all the fixins and spent the day with God and my 3 dogs :) Lot's of people coming down with stuff lately, many on Woman on The Warpath's FB page are sick, or have sick families! God bring you all health and vigor! I generally prefer to spend the holidays at home alone, too much hype and am not into it. But, the turkey was awesome :)
How about you all?

Well for the first time in 59 years , Dave and I were alone for Christmas.
We thought it would be bleak...but actually we had a lovely mellow day...like you :)

What my favourite Christmas movie and other things...ate good food.
He played lots of 50's jazz music ..which was fun...
It was a very good day.

Now we are all headed in 2020. I wonder what that holds for us all.

Hugs ...H x

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yay! Good to see you David...hope you stick around this time for more than 5 mins :D
I agree that the site can be depressing at times...with all the legalism going on ...but don't abandon us again too soon okay..

Only the other day @bbyrd009 asked about you...so more than just myself has missed you ...it's been over 18 months eh? Maybe two years...?

If you speak to Pia soon..please give her my love...she wouldn't enjoy the site right now...that's for sure. LOL

Take care...Helen
Shes fine , being though many battles together, but we still standing, she knows Im here and that you and Amadeus are too, and all the others. Funny thing so long and yet still the same stuff going round and round and round,,, when will it ever end.( from monty python I like traffic lights)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well for the first time in 59 years , Dave and I were alone for Christmas.
We thought it would be bleak...but actually we had a lovely mellow day...like you :)

What my favourite Christmas movie and other things...ate good food.
He played lots of 50's jazz music ..which was fun...
It was a very good day.

Now we are all headed in 2020. I wonder what that holds for us all.

Hugs ...H x
We had our slightly larger family get together at my daughter's house the Sunday before the designated day. At the instigation of my wife and my daughter-in-law instead of a traditional dinner, we had nachos and some other things that went well along with that. We being the oldest and tiredest left the earliest as is often our wont these days. On Wednesday, known as Christmas in these parts, my wife and I spent the day with just the two of us. She had bought two very nice steaks for us which she fixed along with baked potatoes and an excellent fresh salad. We also broke our long time fast on wine and drank that along with the dinner. We love the children, but we did not miss them. Give God the glory!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shes fine , being though many battles together, but we still standing, she knows Im here and that you and Amadeus are too, and all the others. Funny thing so long and yet still the same stuff going round and round and round,,, when will it ever end.( from monty python I like traffic lights)
When you talk to her, tell her she is missed. If she were to arrive here, she would be welcome as you are welcome my friend!

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When you talk to her, tell her she is missed. If she were to arrive here, she would be welcome as you are welcome my friend!
She cant put up with the B... it messes around with her head. But im glad Im back, I need to think more on the things of God being really difficult of late.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
She cant put up with the B... it messes around with her head. But im glad Im back, I need to think more on the things of God being really difficult of late.

Totally agree, I have so many times been tempted to leave for a while...but there are some really nice people on here...that I don't want to just leave ..

If those of us who enjoy an open warm discussion.. all took off and sulked when things get nasty on here...we would be giving up and letting the nastiness win. ( and ruin the Site)

That's why I stick it out. :D

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally agree, I have so many times been tempted to leave for a while...but there are some really nice people on here...that I don't want to just leave ..

If those of us who enjoy an open warm discussion.. all took off and sulked when things get nasty on here...we would be giving up and letting the nastiness win. ( and ruin the Site)

Yep, I almost did just that, very recently!

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Than there are times we must, Even Jesus Himself went into the desert for a time, than there was Moses, David, Joseph. Seems out faith is tested much especially in these says., I can only hope that Christ is in this..

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well what a weekend!

I could almost believe that I am going to be the last one...( as per this thread!)

So many friends and close acquaintances have passed over ..Dave and I are almost looking around us to see who is left in our age group.
So many gone...we have more 'over there' than we do still here!

One of my closest friends in life went home on Friday morning. One is still alive and kicking...but yet another is 'on the blink'.)
And yesterday a friend ( not as close but lovely) died yesterday morning.

Isaiah 57:1-2
" The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come. "

It almost makes me believe in a rapture...for it seems the Lord is gathering them one by one...

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well what a weekend!

I could almost believe that I am going to be the last one...( as per this thread!)

So many friends and close acquaintances have passed over ..Dave and I are almost looking around us to see who is left in our age group.
So many gone...we have more 'over there' than we do still here!

One of my closest friends in life went home on Friday morning. One is still alive and kicking...but yet another is 'on the blink'.)
And yesterday a friend ( not as close but lovely) died yesterday morning.

Isaiah 57:1-2
" The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come. "

It almost makes me believe in a rapture...for it seems the Lord is gathering them one by one...

So sorry to hear of all your friends passing. I used to believe in the Rapture but, since much study and hearing others comment on it...I no longer do. Don't we all pretty much go one by one, since time began?
xo

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi @Nancy

At the moment I have brain-block , I cant think of anything interesting to write ...this is unusual for me. Maybe too many weeks of being isolated I have forgotten how to communicate :D I think its seven weeks now!!!
Hopefully back to 'normal' soon, as in having something to say. ♥︎

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Nancy

At the moment I have brain-block , I cant think of anything interesting to write ...this is unusual for me. Maybe too many weeks of being isolated I have forgotten how to communicate :D I think its seven weeks now!!!
Hopefully back to 'normal' soon, as in having something to say. ♥︎

Lol Helen,yes...7 very loooong weeks, it's like:
giphy.gif

Reactions: Mayflower