Late Night Thread...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
upload_2021-9-10_22-23-33.png

FIRST FOURTEEN ODD PRIME NUMBERS IN SYMMETRICAL ORDER

Except for 2 all Prime Numbers are odd. By convention 1 is not considered a Prime.

The only whole number factors of Primes are themselves and 1.

Non-primes are called Composite Numbers and may have many factors.
eg.
The 9 factors of 36 are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 12, 18, 36
The factor pairs of 36 are:
1 × 36 = 36
2 × 18 = 36
3 × 12 = 36
4 × 9 = 36
6 × 6 = 36

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord has me engraved in the palm of His hand; perhaps I should get my name tattooed in the palm of mine! Sometimes my mind just goes blank!

There is a teaching in Scripture...to introduce "little children" to the Lord God.

We all know, as people age, there is a regress. We begin as bald, toothless, unknowing individuals...and as we age, hair thins, teeth fall out, memory fades in stages of most recent, still remembering from childhood.

Point being...IF a "little child" has rehearsed in his ears, Christ Jesus, and that is the only memory the child can retain in old age...
All the other things he forgot, is irrelevant.

Interesting...my sister and I used to go to "rest home". They had a "community room", they would bring the residents to during the day sit near some magazines, have a tv playing....and many just sat, saying nothing, eyes a blank stare.
There was also a piano in the room. My sister would play...four types of songs..
1) her favorites she knew...eh, not much response.
2) world war songs...maybe a few head nods.
3) patriotic songs...a bit of tapping of fingers a bit of eye movements of remembering.
4) old time songs about Jesus...a sparkle in their eyes, smile on their lips and singing along!

Just a point of view to not worry about the mind...moreso about the memories in the heart.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Truman

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning CB. It was 80F yesterday and a little too hot for me. But the rest of the week is low 70's to high 60's. Mostly high 60's. Whoohooo.

Having my first cup of Joe Java.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The puzzle is complete.... I REPEAT... the puzzle is COMPLETE..
I have slewed the dragon... ( and YES... I am quite aware of the fact that slewed is improper use of the word.. but I LIKE it and get all
excited inside when I do it.... I slewed the puzzle... that is the POINT )....
Victory is mine .... and I HATE GREEN trees in puzzles... I think I mentioned that already.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is anyone awake? It's almost 3 am...
It's 11C = 52F ( a wee bit cool ).
Just having my first cup of tea.

I did not get my puzzle finished... hopefully that happens later today... but the beast is mostly conquered.

How do you stay up so late?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How do you stay up so late?
Ok... so you don't know this about me... WELL... I'm not sure that anyone does because I don't confess it to many people... LOL

Here it goes... If you guys will notice... I disappear each day by about 3pm Eastern Daylight Time... ( so proud that I finally know that and actually it still doesn't make sense to me but... that is another topic altogether... LOL )

This is because I go to bed by 4 pm... my time.... I KNOW... WHY??????? Not sure... It started when I was very depressed... and just couldn't stand staying up one second longer than I had to.... It's easier to do in the winter.... but.... this habit has followed me... for several years now..

My FAVORITE part of the day is between midnight and 6 am.... Another strange thing.... I KNOW... My clock is totally backwards...
So....that is the story of ADDY's hours.

How does Addy stay up so late??? She doesn't.... she gets up EARLY... HA...

Reactions: Taken and Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok... so you don't know this about me... WELL... I'm not sure that anyone does because I don't confess it to many people... LOL

Here it goes... If you guys will notice... I disappear each day by about 3pm Eastern Daylight Time... ( so proud that I finally know that and actually it still doesn't make sense to me but... that is another topic altogether... LOL )

This is because I got to bed by 4 pm... my time.... I KNOW... WHY??????? Not sure... It started when I was very depressed... and just couldn't stand staying up one second longer than I had to.... It's easier to do in the winter.... but.... this habit has followed me... for several years now..

My FAVORITE part of the day is between midnight and 6 am.... Another strange thing.... I KNOW... My clock is totally backwards...
So....that is the story of ADDY's hours.

How does Addy stay up so late??? She doesn't.... she gets up EARLY... HA...

I think you wouldn't suffer from jet lag if you travelled to the UK. Or Europe.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I posted the grid of square numbers and triangular numbers late last night as strong winds were gusting. They continued this morning and I got a call out to deal with a windfall tree that had come down on a parked car at a Government instalation my company does outdoor maintenance for.

I would have responded earlier had my services not been required.

Over the years I have used Excel spreadsheets to explore mathematical formulas, sequences, patterns, and problems.

Numbers are honest and if a proven sequence doesn't follow the pattern it should I know it will be due to an error of entry on my part.

Interesting hobby you have

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think you wouldn't suffer from jet lag if you travelled to the UK. Or Europe.
When I went to visit my daughter last year.. and stayed for 6 weeks... I had to prepare myself to at least stay up till 7 pm... It was tough... let me tell you... HA HA.

This is why I call myself the troll... I wake up just as my landlords are going to bed... so I keep watch over the house when they are sleeping... NOT that I could do anything because I don't have a phone.... BUT.... I put on a good face... One early morning... I actually caught a guy trying to siphon gas from my landlords vehicle.... SCARED the heck out of him when the lights went on.... HE actually ran off... HA....

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have only had a few times, but it's fantastic.

Japanese tea and Chinese green tea are also good.
I tried green tea, yuk. Can't stomach it well. And the taste is terrible to me. I do like Earl Grey with milk and sweetener. But I have to stay away from sweets for medical reasons, so I'll probably stick to black coffee. I can probably have a tea with cream and sugar every so often though, just not daily.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I tried green tea, yuk. Can't stomach it well. And the taste is terrible to me. I do like Earl Grey with milk and sweetener. But I have to stay away from sweets for medical reasons, so I'll probably stick to black coffee. I can probably have a tea with cream and sugar every so often though, just not daily.

Haha I amazed by this..... You like black coffee but don't like green tea? :p

For me I only drink coffee black if I have ran out of milk, and black coffee has to be one tea spoon at the most for me with one or two teaspoons of sugar. I substitute the milk with cold water on top of the boiling water.

Reactions: dev553344

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have only had a few times, but it's fantastic.

Japanese tea and Chinese green tea are also good.
BEST all time tea.... from Britain..... TYPHOO.... It's black tea... and oh my goodness... I LOVE it....