Late Night Thread...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't imagine why you'd need a break...Lol Physics...psst! Piece of cake...unless we're talking fruit cake...oh no, I don't even want to think of it. Can't you geniuses come up with some way of ridding us of this plague-on-a-plate once and for all? I mean, besides eating it!
Fruit cake? No thanks, but I love me some good Cheese Cake:
960x720-CCF_WhiteChocolateRaspberryTruffle.jpg

Reactions: Truman

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hurry up, invent a transporter and beam me a slice, Scottie! Mmmm! Whip cream and...and...don't tell me those are slice almonds! No, really, don't tell me! Lol
I don't think there almonds. But we used to have a restaurant named the Red Lobster here. I would get a lobster dinner then a desert of white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. Nummers.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't think there almonds. But we used to have a restaurant named the Red Lobster here. I would get a lobster dinner then a desert of white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. Nummers.
Now that you mention it, it is chocolate! White chocolate. My fa-vo-rite! When my last marriage ended, instead of drinking, I got drunk on sweets. What a binge! I gained 60 pounds in 5 months! I was living with my parents! Lol I miss them so much!

Reactions: dev553344

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No excuse to break Christ's commands...
The log in the eye is all about double standards.

Besides, the same protocol used by Victoria will be used against Victorians...:p
- Be vaxed
- 14 days quarantine there
- Negative covid test
- 14 days quarantine here

OK

Then you have to do it all again to return home...
Enjoy your trip...:p

But, but how is it double standards? Tassies don't have to do 14 days quarantine here :p

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I taught myself online at university sites and wikipedia. But I was working on describing the electromagnetic radiation as a pair of dipoles relating to Planck's constant.

Ah you've caught me there... Physics is a huge field and I don't remember doing Planck's constant and electromagnetic radiation we only just touched on... I guess the physics i was taught would of been more related to mechanical engineering, like Newtons stuff, motion physics, dynamics, fluid displacement and such...

Eg. An object is at rest with a mass of 10kg and there is a force of 400N applied to it with an acceleration of 15.6 m/s2 at a trajectory of 30 degrees. Where would that mass land (displacement), how long would it take to land what would be its max velocity?
I used to love solving those kinds of puzzles...

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mr Pringles looks like and young Mr Monopoly

Pringles-MrPringle.jpg
monopoly.jpg

Just 30 or 40 years younger... heheheh...:D

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I taught myself online at university sites and wikipedia. But I was working on describing the electromagnetic radiation as a pair of dipoles relating to Planck's constant.
Dipoles are either electric or magnetic, and the product of their charge strength and separating distance is a constant positive value, so I guess you could relate that to Planck's Constant. . . and also to Schrödinger's Cat if you had a mind to.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah you've caught me there... Physics is a huge field and I don't remember doing Planck's constant and electromagnetic radiation we only just touched on... I guess the physics i was taught would of been more related to mechanical engineering, like Newtons stuff, motion physics, dynamics, fluid displacement and such...

Eg. An object is at rest with a mass of 10kg and there is a force of 400N applied to it with an acceleration of 15.6 m/s2 at a trajectory of 30 degrees. Where would that mass land (displacement), how long would it take to land what would be its max velocity?
I used to love solving those kinds of puzzles...
I used to work at a sheet metal fabrication shop. When I got into physics I learned mechanical deformation physics. How the energy of a metal deforming contains energy or requires energy to deform it. I thought that was kinda fun.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dipoles are either electric or magnetic, and the product of their charge strength and separating distance is a constant positive value, so I guess you could relate that to Planck's Constant. . . and also to Schrödinger's Cat if you had a mind to.
Well they are dipoles but it's not the dipole field that relates to Planck's constant. Planck's constant relates to the photoelectric effect instead of standard electromagnetic that relate to radiation pressure. Pressure cannot liberate electrons in orbital no matter how much intensity you supply it. But Planck's constant can. So what I've done is calculated the total mass energy that the two dipoles contain. And I've defined mass in such a way that light can have mass and still travel at the speed of light. But standard particles cannot.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344 As far as physics is concerned I feel I am as thick as two short Max Plancks...
Physics is like math, I had to study it for 5 years to get up to speed. I think we are all bad at math to begin with. But not everyone, some are gifted.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good morning CB'ers and my DEAR DEVIN...
It's 5:30 am ( Eastern Daylight Time... HAHA... I haven't used that for awhile... I almost forgot how to say it. )
It's 6C = 43F

My daughter is arriving today... Haven't seen her for over a year... SO EXCITED.

This is the day the Lord has made.... I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is NOT nice to make me drool at 5:30 in the morning.... Cheesecake is my favorite dessert...

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well they are dipoles but it's not the dipole field that relates to Planck's constant. Planck's constant relates to the photoelectric effect instead of standard electromagnetic that relate to radiation pressure. Pressure cannot liberate electrons in orbital no matter how much intensity you supply it. But Planck's constant can. So what I've done is calculated the total mass energy that the two dipoles contain. And I've defined mass in such a way that light can have mass and still travel at the speed of light. But standard particles cannot.
Yes, like space and time, energy and frequency coexist in proportion, which is evident in the electromagnetic spectrum. Since light exists either as a particle or an impulse neither of which are ever at rest the Newtonian formulas have to be tweaked.

The ubiquitous problem of obtaining equilibrium in calculations means showing working is as important as having the answer.

The general formula in special relativity that relates energy, momentum, and mass is upload_2021-10-8_23-15-34.png

The energy and momentum of the photon into this equation cancel its mass. Never being at rest the photon is restricted (pun) to zero mass, so unless it is possible to show working that changes this proportionality, the answer includes a massless photon.