Learning Proper Identity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who do you think you are! who you think you are, and who you are, can be two completely different ideas or identities. Has that notion ever came to mind - who am I. From infancy, you have been going in all these different direction's. From birth it was the parents that gave you training. Trying to teach you and get you grown to live your life. You started school and that was a different direction you have to take in life. All these things add up to making you who you are - at least thinking that is who I am. We feel if we were raised on the wrong side of the tracks, that makes me who I am - or vive versa. Raised on the right side of the tracks so to say..and that is what made me who I am! or my education, or lack of has made me who I am.

But your proper identity comes from your birth - whatever your parents were (in Adam), that is who you are. Original birth came wit your inherent nature, nature constitues who you are. And you add the unique touch of God to our creation, and that is the expression of who we are. It is really; all the directions we have been on that is added to the unique you..your creation. What does that mean? Life is choice's, and we must live out those choice's.

This may be a bad subject for some but; you may feel you chose the wrong mate, you may feel you chose the wrong schooling..or occupation. Have you ever had that feeling that; I just messed up and I see I will have to live with it for awhile. With a mate - it may be a long while. The thing about choice's - our father work's through them for the good. You know the scripture, 'all things work for good.' When we talk about the father's schoolhouse - we are talking about the choice's we make, as well as thing's out of your control. It doesn't matter, the schoolhouse is the schoolhouse when you are in it!

What the schoolhouse does is teach you proper identity! It is imperative to life that we know who we are. We don't even understand our previous identity - surely we know very little about who we are now. You know if you were to follow Paul in his message and not get caught up in him straightening out the churches under him all the time, and just listen to his message. Just listen to what Paul has to say in a theological manner - that is probably not the right way to say it - just listen to Paul on what he has to say about being in Christ.

Paul's message is very simple - when we add all the complexities to something - then it becomes that 'looking through a glass darkly.'

Listen to this: What Paul tells us is; who we are, how we got to be who we are, and what to do with who we are! That is the simplicity of where our identify comes from. So simple; he repeats over and over..over 150 times - we are who we are by Christ in us. He gives us the expression of that or how to handle ourselves in Christ. The two have become one in spirit, and now the mind is being renewed to that fact he says.

Why does the mind need to catch up to the facts? because our previous identity was deceptive. So deceptive you thought it was you, and that is was who you were. It was you that did the sinning and made you a sinner by nature, but it was not you - it was sin in you. True it was you that expressed it but it was not you that was 'the sin' - it is Satan that is sin. You partook and had no choice..other than struggle to keep the good and not evil under control. That knowledge that works in all humanity. The born again must renew the mind to Christ and the mind changes comes from the knowledge of good and evil - to the knowledge of the Lord. A different knowledge to live by. Most of us do not know it was another in us as our life when we were in sin. We buy the lie that says; it is you that is the sinner - you were not the sinner. Satan is the sinner from the beginning in the human being - and the father of lies. We have always been in the image and likeness of God - and distorted by sin.

So in Christ we can still have an identity crisis! Thinking with the old knowledge that was trained by the previous identity. In mind believers will struggle with identity, but the good news is; we can learn who we are by Christ in us. Therein lies the schoolhouse; the training for proper identity! Gal. 4:1-2.

With proper identity comes proper expression!