Leaving creationism = leaving Christianity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
River Jordan said:
This is nothing more than a demonstration of persistent deliberate ignorance. It's one thing to not know much about a subject, it's something else entirely to go out of your way to ignore all attempts to educate you on that subject while at the same time thinking yourself qualified to evaluate work in that subject area.

It's truly something to behold.
Hubris is truly something to behold.

Reactions: ChristianJuggarnaut

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
River Jordan said:
This is nothing more than a demonstration of persistent deliberate ignorance.
Hey yaall! Lookie here! Another "god" wannabie is going to edumacate us knuckledrugeers on how thing are!

All we have to counter your self-deification is The Word of God and that is enough!

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Think of it this way... Why aren't there any threads here with declarations about heart surgery techniques, diesel mechanics, network administration, electronic engineering, or particle physics?

Yet there are all manner of threads with broad assessments of genetics, geochemistry, paleontology, biology, cosmology, and geology.

Is this a really really really unique forum with an unusual collection of members with high levels of knowledge and expertise in the latter subjects?

Or is there something else going on?

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
River Jordan said:
Think of it this way... Why aren't there any threads here with declarations about heart surgery techniques, diesel mechanics, network administration, electronic engineering, or particle physics?

Yet there are all manner of threads with broad assessments of genetics, geochemistry, paleontology, biology, cosmology, and geology.

Is this a really really really unique forum with an unusual collection of members with high levels of knowledge and expertise in the latter subjects?

I have read somewhere that if you want to rob a strongman's house, you must first bind the strongman.

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
Excellent point SL.

If you are going to rob us of our acceptance of God and His word, you'd better come with something different than the same old tired materialistic arguments. We even experienced the rebirth of the derogatory term "fundie" wow, I have never been called that before.

These millennials, 25-26 years old, living in the northwest have been told they are special all their lives. The helicopter parents supported them at every turn. The soccer coach played everyone. Now, they run across some adversity and they wonder what is going on.

Sit down, be quiet and learn from the elders. Sit under authority for a while and when your time comes, and it will, incorporate your own thoughts into what you have learned.

Here is a science lesson for you. The earth revolves around the sun, not you.

To clarify, find a bible believing church and sit under the elders there. I am not saying be quiet here. This is a forum where you can say anything you want.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
River Jordan said:

River ... ever used one of those hand pumps to put air in a bike tire or car tire ? .... did you know that if you plunge the handle down quickly the air heats up to 1000 degrees for a split second ? ... if you put a drop of (diesel) fuel in there it will ignite and expand (explode) and force the pump handle back up in a powerful way .... that is how a diesel engine works .... simple as that .... the engine uses pistons which are simply individual pumps compressing air , and a fuel injector pump to put in the drop of fuel at the precise time ...

I could demonstrate that in your biology lab by taking a sturdy glass tube , put a piece of tissue paper inside it , and then quickly push a rubber stopper into the tube and you could watch the paper catch fire ... I have just shown you scientific evidence.

A human heart is also just a pump made of muscles and regulated by motor-neurons from the brain . It has valves and check valves that pump fluid blood through the body .... not a lot different in principle than the diesel injection pump

An uneducated 56 year old man in the basement of a newspaper dispatches hundreds of school boys to deliver thousands of newspapers to every home in the city all within a one hour period every day of the week .... that is a network administrator.

A heart surgeon removes and replaces the heart and requires special skills to do so , it is simply a matter of training procedures.

A diesel mechanic removes and replaces an injector pump and requires special skills to do so. It is simply a matter of training in procedures. A diesel pump is a very precise item , ceramic pistons inside are built with tolerances of thousands of a inch , they are assembled in conditions similar to an operating room , mechanics wear hair nets , white lint free coveralls , and not a spec of dirt around.

Society holds the heart surgeon on a high pedestal , and the diesel mechanic on the lowest .

Some 24 year old kid thinks he is king sitt because his title is network administrator ... much better than the lowly newspaper delivery guy.

Then we have the biologists .... they are gods.

Just ask one :)

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
ChristianJuggarnaut said:
If you are going to rob us of our acceptance of God and His word, you'd better come with something different than the same old tired materialistic arguments.
That you think I'm trying to "rob you of your acceptance of God and His word", says a lot about the defensiveness and anger in the responses to my posts. Very telling....thanks for pointing that out.

These millennials, 25-26 years old, living in the northwest have been told they are special all their lives. The helicopter parents supported them at every turn. The soccer coach played everyone. Now, they run across some adversity and they wonder what is going on.
How do you know what my life has been like? How do you know that I haven't been playing competitive soccer since I was 9, where I had to try out every year just to be on the team, we kept score, played in tournaments where if we lost we were eliminated and went home, played on my high school and college teams, etc.? Please be very specific about how you know so much about my sports background.

Sit down, be quiet and learn from the elders. Sit under authority for a while and when your time comes, and it will, incorporate your own thoughts into what you have learned.
And there's that authoritarianism that is so prevalent in fundamentalist circles....wow.

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
You're welcome.

Reading your pedigree was easy. Probably the easiest I have ever done.

Some authority would be nice. I know "question authority" let me know how that ultimately works out for you.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Reading your pedigree was easy. Probably the easiest I have ever done.
How? Again, please explain in detail how you know what my sports background is like. Merely saying "it was easy" is not an explanation.

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
Let's concentrate on what really matters. Do you deny that you came here with an agenda? Of course not. Therefore, you are here to rob.

You have found it more difficult than the brochure of talking points led you to believe and therefore you are experiencing some stress.

There are real and reasonable challenges to your worldview. This fact can be hard to cope with. At your age, you should be doing five times as much listening as you do talking. It wasn't that long ago that you were watching Lizzie Mcquire on Disney and playing TMNT with your cousin.

I have good news. You can begin today to prepare yourself for service. It will take courage and self discipline. You have the mind, do you have the heart?

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Let's concentrate on what really matters. Do you deny that you came here with an agenda? Of course not. Therefore, you are here to rob.
LOL! Wut? :blink:

Everyone comes here "with an agenda". Why are you here? Remember, if you have any sort of agenda, you are here to rob. :rolleyes:

You have found it more difficult than the brochure of talking points led you to believe and therefore you are experiencing some stress.
If I were having any stress here, I'd leave. These places are supposed to be fun, not stressful.

OTOH, I do see a lot of anger and defensiveness among the fundamentalists here.

There are real and reasonable challenges to your worldview.
Such as?

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
Information,
Nano technological study of the cell.
The witness of God's word
The fossil record gaps
The DNA problem
Abiogenesis
Kalam's Cosmological Argument
Irreducible Complexity
Consciousness
Objective Morality
The words of Jesus Christ
The teachings of Paul
The inability to think in abstract concepts.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
First, you didn't answer the question. Why are you here?

Second, that's just a list of terms and phrases, nothing more. I mean, would you be persuaded if I said the evidence challenges your worldview and listed...

The genetic data
Transitional fossils
Geochemistry
Problems with literal readings of scripture
Lab work
Field studies
The words of Jesus Christ
Deliberate ignorance

No? Now you understand my reaction to your post.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
River Jordan said:
And there's that authoritarianism that is so prevalent in fundamentalist circles....wow.
This coming from you of all people? Now that is just hilarious! Mister "I know better then God", talking down to everybody at every step is complaining about "authoritarianism"? Thanks for a good laugh!