Leaving creationism = leaving Christianity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
River Jordan said:
This is nothing more than a demonstration of persistent deliberate ignorance. It's one thing to not know much about a subject, it's something else entirely to go out of your way to ignore all attempts to educate you on that subject while at the same time thinking yourself qualified to evaluate work in that subject area.

It's truly something to behold.
Bless you Jordan River .... I say again , you do an admirable job of defending your position , I find it very refreshing to debate with someone of your caliber , I really mean that , and I wish you the very best in your studies .... based on your stamina here , I think you will be successful in everything you strive to accomplish in life. Well done !!

In your above quote you mentioned folks who remain deliberately ignorant , or do not know much about a subject .... I agree there is a lot of truth to that statement .

But it is not required that I be a scientist or biologist .... all I have to do is read carefully to see what is fact and what is speculation in scientific literature.

I could close up my bible , cast Jesus from my life , become an atheist , and I could still show all the endless assumptions "evolutionists" are trying to claim are "scientific facts"

When a person is in possession of factual evidence there is no longer any need to keep searching for it

The biologist and scientist researcher are still searching daily , that is honorable .... but they have yet to find what they are searching for

Many little footsteps have been made down the path ..... but many more are required if evolution is to be declared as factual.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
Bless you Jordan River .... I say again , you do an admirable job of defending your position , I find it very refreshing to debate with someone of your caliber , I really mean that , and I wish you the very best in your studies .... based on your stamina here , I think you will be successful in everything you strive to accomplish in life. Well done !!
Thanks! :)

But it is not required that I be a scientist or biologist
No one is saying you do. All I'm saying is that if you're going to make claims like the one below, you need to understand the problems with it and how you're simply mistaken in a very basic way. The good thing is, the basic mistakes should be the easiest to correct.

Many little footsteps have been made down the path ..... but many more are required if evolution is to be declared as factual.
One more time (and this is it)....

Evolution is a fact because we see it happen. That populations evolve new traits, abilities, genetic sequences, and into new species are all directly observed facts.

The theory of evolution is a broad, well-tested framework that allows us to make sense of a variety of data, e.g. fossils, genomes, etc. The theory of evolution describes how evolution happens (what mechanisms and pathways, such as human/primate common ancestry). The theory will never, ever, ever become "fact" or "proven". That's not how scientific theories work. A "scientific theory" is the highest level such an explanatory framework can achieve. That's why very well established things like the atomic theory of matter and the germ theory of disease remain "theories". There's no higher level they can attain.

And with the origin of the first life on earth, evolutionary theory is consistent with however it happened. If it turns out aliens deliberately seeded the earth with the first self-replicators, evolutionary theory would still explain the subsequent history of life from that point forward.

Currently, a lot of evolutionary mechanisms are incorporated into origins scenarios (like selection). But that makes sense, because since we see selection in action today, there's no reason to conclude it wasn't in action from the beginning.

That's why trying to argue that since origins researchers haven't figured out a full blow by blow pathway from biotic chemicals to living organism, evolution is not a fact is....well ridiculous and displays a fundamental ignorance of the basics of the subject.

In essence what you're saying is, "Origins researchers haven't figured out how life first evolved, therefore it can't be a fact that bacteria develop resistance to antibiotics".

BTW, I'm linking your statement to what you posted on the other thread about an origins research news release.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
River Jordan said:
Evolution is a fact because we see it happen.
Show one example of what you are seeing because it sound to me that you are hallucinating.

Oh by the way. Variation within a specie is not evolution.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
You actually think that if you have a last word then fish will walk and lizads will fly? Truly if you think you are an ovegrown monkey you will think like one. Thank you guys for doing GREAT job proving that evolution is a LIE

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Suhar said:
You actually think that if you have a last word then fish will walk and lizads will fly? Truly if you think you are an ovegrown monkey you will think like one. Thank you guys for doing GREAT job proving that evolution is a LIE
That had absolutely no relevance to what I just said.

I was simply explaining a mistake you had made in how mutation is a way evolution happens, not to have the last word. If anything the post you just made looks more like trying to have the last word.

I've noticed in your threads that you have a hostile way of both looking at life and how you respond to other people. I have no idea why this is, so I want to know why.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
Also, thank you for proving that believers in evolution are not Christians because they declare themselves to be bigger then God.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Suhar said:
Also, thank you for proving that believers in evolution are not Christians because they declare themselves to be bigger then God.
Yet another irrelevant post from you. No one here is saying that. That is simply something you believe because that is what you wish to be true of other people.

I don't think I'm ever going to get a straight answer from you without you being hostile, so this is good bye. I truly do with that you live a happy life, but I just don't know how to talk to you when you speak like this.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
snr5557 said:
Yet another irrelevant post from you. No one here is saying that.
You are saying that. God said SIX DAYS in His Word and you say:

"He lied. I know that He did not because I know where limits of His power are"

The only way you can know what limits of God are is if you are bigger then God. You declare yourself "Supegod!"

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
River Jordan,

Since y'all been on this forum all it look like y'all been doing is trying to debunk Genesis. You know Genesis and Revelation are the two books Satan attacks the most. There's a reason for that. If you genuinely love Christ it would show through your words even if we disagree on this or that or believe a little differently. What y'all pushin' just ain't right. I've perceived you and snr's agenda since y'all got on here. People that think like you tend to think people like us are ignorant and unlearned to what "matters". The worlds viewpoint and what they think matter don't amount to a hill of beans to Jesus Christ or His true followers. And He is alive and well right now as you read this believe it or not. I'm not gon tell you no lie. That stuff y'all tryin' to bring here is straight foolishness. To discredit Gods Holy Word is not being smart at all. Question: Do you think I wrote this in anger?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think you, Mr. B, have been try to frame everyone who is not a literalist Whether you are claiming we are 'attacking' the Bible or are working for satan - you have spent days trying everything you can to malign your brothers and sisters in Christ. Give up, we are all family with differents points of view.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
aspen said:
i think you, Mr. B, have been try to frame everyone who is not a literalist Whether you are claiming we are 'attacking' the Bible or are working for satan - you have spent days trying everything you can to malign your brothers and sisters in Christ. Give up, we are all family with differents points of view.
Meant to include your name in that post aspen. Did you even read my post? I know what it is though. Yall offended by the Word. It sharper than a two-edged sword ain't it. I ain't dumbing down say what you want. You know a tree by its fruit.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i have been posting on this board for years MB, you havent, so your opinion of my view of the Bible holds no weight.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
aspen said:
well, i have been posting on this board for years MB, you havent, so your opinion of my view of the Bible holds no weight.
It doesn't matter how long you've been on here. Now that's irrelevant. And yeah my opinion don't count and shouldn't hold weight but it's the Word that judges you. And offends you. If the Word offends you, repent. Blessings

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
There's a fundamental misunderstanding going on here. I'm not trying to convince anyone to switch to being an "evolutionist" or to try and change how they read scripture. The reason I describe my way of reading scripture is because I'm asked.

No, my overall point here is to make the case that saying things that just aren't true in the name of Christianity does a great deal of harm to our Great Commission. Remember, as Christians we are to be truthful in everything we do, especially when it comes to sharing the Gospel with the lost.

When Christians spread falsehoods about reality (no new species, no transitional fossils, evolutionists are all atheists, scientists are out to get you) while sharing the Gospel, we discredit our entire belief system, make ourselves look foolish, and drive people away. It's distressing because there's no reason to say those things in the first place. They're in no way essential to salvation.

We need to stop tying our faith to lies.

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
What is this gospel you speak of? Surely, you don't believe people can die and rise again? Where is the evidence for this? People die, stay dead. This has been peer reviewed.

Jesus was tied to Adam, there was no Adam.

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
Could it actually be possible that we are finally getting somewhere?

So then, who or what is your Adam?

Are you suggesting ruin reconstruction theory? If so, I speak for myself only, but I could let it go if you are indeed positing some sort of theology. I have not seen this yet from you, although I have asked numerous times.