Leaving creationism = leaving Christianity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
KingJ said:
I don't mind attending and helping you all to unbiasedly google the probability odds of evolution.
Cool. There's one in June this year in North Carolina. CLICK HERE Let me know when you make your travel plans.

You have no problem urinating on scripture like the majority?
Wow...you are really angry.

and miraculously Eve was right behind that... human...with equal sufficient consciousness :blink:...why must I help someone with a biology degree grasp probability odds?
Adam and Eve were the first to have God-breathed souls. That's a miraculous event.

Me = How many particles that can ''mutate'' in 1 cell 3.5 billion years ago? lets determine the insurmountable probability odds.
You: particles don't mutate...full stop.
Conclusion = pedantically evasive, cling to heterodoxy. Why not ''grasp'' the inverted commas around ''mutate'' and say, particles don't mutate but such and such do and there are x amount needed in that cell for likely evolution / whatever.
Because particle don't do anything like what you're trying to say. Again, why do you think chemistry is random?

Me = Evolution mocks God (portrays Him as evil), the cross (evolving accountability) and all of scripture (where are the records of 200k years?) .
You = Yep, you've made it quite clear how that's your conclusion, and that like most fundamentalists, you have absolutely no tolerance for differing opinions. But again, that view is a minority one within Christianity
Conclusion = Childish /evasive / blurring /cling to heterodoxy. A reply should be, ''no, natural selection does not mock God because of X and Y....the cross is not mocked because of X and Y...scripture is not mocked because of X and Y.'' That would then transpire into fruitful discussion where we can evaluate the soundness / logic of your belief. Agreeing with the majority does not make you right. Scripture / Jesus and all the prophets would agree with me that the probability odds are not in your favor.
Ok, fine. Does gravity mock God? After all, gravity is what allows animals to fall off cliffs or out of trees. Or do you believe that no such accidents ever happened prior to the fall?

UppsalaDragby said:
Who told you that everything is available for us to figure out?

Did you figure out that Jesus rose from the dead or did you believe what scripture told you?
I don't understand your point. Are you saying scientists shouldn't try and figure origins out, should just read scripture, and go do something else?

What do you mean you didn't invoke that for us? Are you saying that we are not the product of evolution?
No, it's exactly what I said: Genesis 1 merely says God created mankind. There's no mention of Adam, Eve, or the method used.

OK, so why have you repeatedly pointed out the fact that God "let the earth bring forth..." and even claimed that him "letting" it happen indicated that it occurred "by itself". Perhaps I missunderstood your point.
Because that's my interpretation. The words used and the repeated use of Hebrew jussives show a clear, consistent theme of God creating by letting things happen.

It DOES say what a kind is in as much as it distinguishes between earth-dwellers, sea-dwellers and sky-dwellers. It also teaches us that from the day of creation separate kinds produced "after its kind". That might not be enough to satisfy our needs to classify all animals from a scientific perspective, but it is enough information to show us that the theory of common descent contradicts scripture.
So your idea of "kinds" is "earth-dwellers", "sea-dwellers", and "sky-dwellers"? That's it?

Also, organisms reproducing after their own "kind" (whatever it is) doesn't contradict evolutionary theory, but is rather surprisingly consistent with it. Under evolutionary theory, organisms reproduce within their own groupings (kinds if you will). IOW, horses don't reproduce with gila monsters, dogs don't reproduce with fish, etc. Likewise, horses don't give birth to gila monsters, dogs don't give birth to fish, etc.

Also, scripture would only need to tell us what a "day" refers to if it didn't refer to what we normally consider to be a day. There is nothing in the text that indicates a divergence from the common meaning of the word and we can also see that it delimits the creation days with evenings and mornings.
Yes there is. The fact that the periods are divided along days, mornings, and evenings before there was an earth or sun is an indication that there may be another purpose to those words besides "This is how long it took".

A day doesn't suddenly cease to be "literal" because it doesn't seem logical from our perspective. And if for some reason the sun was suddenly blotted out of the sky for a few days I think we would STILL call the first half of the day morning, the second half evening, and the whole 24 hours would still be called a "day".
There's a rather significant difference between the sun being obscured, and it not existing at all.

So unless you can explain how the absence of sunlight during the first three days suddenly makes it symbolic, I think the literal meaning of the word is the best explanation.
I read it differently.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
River Jordan said:
So would you be willing to walk into a conference of evolutionary biologists, go up on stage, and tell everyone there that you know more about their areas of expertise than they do, and that you are better at their professions than they are?
You have it upside down River Jordan .... it is the evolutionary biologist who pretends to have knowledge beyond their expertise

It is one thing to observe what nature does , but another thing entirely to claim you know the origins of it.

You have stepped away from the microscope and become little gods who think you can explain everything .

And to Hell with The Big God ... a room full of evolutionary biologists do not require Him any more

To disregard Genesis is exactly the same as asking .... Did God really say .... (He Created everything) ??

Just like the original question from the champion of tricksters .......

Genesis 3:1 ...... the serpent said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?

Everything the evolutionary biologist observes in her microscope shows how The Creator makes things work and function , Period

The biologist has not invented or created one single thing

Hell of a difference between the two

It is akin to the nuclear physicist releasing the tremendous energy from the atom .... and then claim to know how the energy got into the atom in the first place.

That is what you are doing River .... and you are completely out of bounds , but you have yet to realize it.

You have cleverly stepped outside the bounds of observation and hope nobody will notice

Nice try.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Arnie,

You're making a lot of mistakes here. First, no one here is disregarding Genesis or arguing that God didn't create things. No one here is claiming to be able to explain everything (if we were, science would be done). No one here is saying "to Hell with God".

And are you going to say that if we don't see something happen, we can never conclude that it did?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
River Jordan said:
Arnie,

You're making a lot of mistakes here. First, no one here is disregarding Genesis or arguing that God didn't create things. No one here is claiming to be able to explain everything (if we were, science would be done). No one here is saying "to Hell with God".

And are you going to say that if we don't see something happen, we can never conclude that it did?
Are not the majority of biologists the ones who say ... "no creator" ..... "only evolution"

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
You seem to be operating on the fallacy of false dilemma where evolution = no creator. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
River Jordan said:
You seem to be operating on the fallacy of false dilemma where evolution = no creator. The two are not mutually exclusive.
One evolutionist says evolution was created by the creator to bring all life into existence

Another evolutionist says evolution proves no creator was involved

It is the evolutionists who have the dilemma of using the same words and terms to describe two exact opposites

And they blame the creationist for questioning those contradictions

Typical

This clever trickery has never escaped my notice.

Reactions: KingJ

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
River Jordan said:
I don't understand your point. Are you saying scientists shouldn't try and figure origins out, should just read scripture, and go do something else?
I am not in a position to tell you what scientists should or shouldn't do. Mankind has always, repeatedly tried to bypass God and do things their own way. Think about the tower of Babel. Instead of going to God in order to get to heaven they tried to bypass him and do it by themselves. Initially they were very successful in their efforts, and it seemed as though nothing they planned to do would be impossible for them. We live in a similar age. We have become so successful that people are asking themselves the question "who needs God in this day and age"?

Jesus said: "I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.

Truth about origins is the gift of God. We can do all the work we want in order to bypass God and "climb in some other way", but are we getting what we think we are?

That is what I am saying.

Because that's my interpretation. The words used and the repeated use of Hebrew jussives show a clear, consistent theme of God creating by letting things happen.
The Bible doesn't say that God created things by "letting things happen", it says that he said "let there be ...", and then it became just as he said. There is nothing jussive about that.

Hebrews 11:3 teaches us that "By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible".

So your idea of "kinds" is "earth-dwellers", "sea-dwellers", and "sky-dwellers"? That's it?
That's one application of the word, and in the context of this discussion it is sufficient.

Also, organisms reproducing after their own "kind" (whatever it is) doesn't contradict evolutionary theory, but is rather surprisingly consistent with it.
I never said "organisms reproducing after their own kind" was inconsitent with the ToE. What I said, and what IS inconsistent with the ToE was that "from the day of creation separate kinds produced "after its kind".

Yes there is. The fact that the periods are divided along days, mornings, and evenings before there was an earth or sun is an indication that there may be another purpose to those words besides "This is how long it took".
I addressed that in the other thread.

There's a rather significant difference between the sun being obscured, and it not existing at all.
Fine, lets just say that the sun was completely destroyed for three days and then was recreated. Problem fixed.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
River Jordan said:
Cool. There's one in June this year in North Carolina. CLICK HERE Let me know when you make your travel plans.
Great. Could you please ensure all attend math classes first? I am afraid that if they have your math skills we will get nowhere.

Wow...you are really angry.
Wow... you really are liberal.

Adam and Eve were the first to have God-breathed souls. That's a miraculous event.
Even more so for you, because somehow it happened at the same time. Remember you said humans evolved consciousness (post #121). Unless...you are retracting....?

Because particle don't do anything like what you're trying to say. Again, why do you think chemistry is random?
I don't know why you can't grasp that a particle is the smallest substance. Quantum physics 101.
Random or not, probabilty odds are mad...as explained.

Ok, fine. Does gravity mock God? After all, gravity is what allows animals to fall off cliffs or out of trees. Or do you believe that no such accidents ever happened prior to the fall?
No, gravity does not mock God. You need only apply simple lateral thought off the fact that lions lay with lambs whilst they had big teeth / Adam was not tempted with sexual immorality even though Eve walked around in the nude.... ;).

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Hello; the basic problem here is that so many teachings are in error (IMO), that conflict between people, and in the person is inevitable.
My own walk of faith experience is right on these dilemma's.
Creation is the only truth here, there are not any other "ideas" that can hold water in strict analysis.
Simply put (information is available), the world is 5.5 billion years old approx.
This Creation since Noah, is approx. 6500 years old!
When trying to mix these facts together for uniformity, it will fail, and discredit the Christian!
The Bible can be taken and trusted completely, over time it shows its Integrity; as will be seen in the events leading up to Israel's next stage in world events!
Regards.
Floyd.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
One evolutionist says evolution was created by the creator to bring all life into existence

Another evolutionist says evolution proves no creator was involved

It is the evolutionists who have the dilemma of using the same words and terms to describe two exact opposites

And they blame the creationist for questioning those contradictions

Typical

This clever trickery has never escaped my notice.
You attribute two different people stating their personal opinions on a philosophical question to be "clever trickery"?

No wonder you have such a negative attitude towards science. You apparently think they're out to get you.
UppsalaDragby said:
I am not in a position to tell you what scientists should or shouldn't do. Mankind has always, repeatedly tried to bypass God and do things their own way.
That's probably one of the main stumbling blocks here. You think scientists going about their daily work are "trying to bypass God". That's too bad and entirely unnecessary.

The Bible doesn't say that God created things by "letting things happen", it says that he said "let there be ...", and then it became just as he said. There is nothing jussive about that.
Yes it does, and the Hebrew phrase is a jussive. Your empty assertion "no it isn't" doesn't change that.

I never said "organisms reproducing after their own kind" was inconsitent with the ToE. What I said, and what IS inconsistent with the ToE was that "from the day of creation separate kinds produced "after its kind".
Which requires a very specific reading of the text. Not everyone reads it that way.

Fine, lets just say that the sun was completely destroyed for three days and then was recreated. Problem fixed.
Oh yeah.....that makes total sense. :rolleyes:

KingJ said:
Great. Could you please ensure all attend math classes first? I am afraid that if they have your math skills we will get nowhere.
So that's going to be your excuse for not going, eh? I wondered what one you would pick. You'll talk the talk (anonymously), but when it comes time to put up, you run away.

Even more so for you, because somehow it happened at the same time. Remember you said humans evolved consciousness (post #121). Unless...you are retracting....?
Yep, no problems at all. Remember, evolution occurs at a population level.

I don't know why you can't grasp that a particle is the smallest substance. Quantum physics 101.
Random or not, probabilty odds are mad...as explained.
Except you're not making any sense at all. No one is disputing the size of particles...I never even said anything about that at all.

Look at it this way. If you have two moles of hydrogen and one mole of oxygen and spark the mixture, do you get a random assortment of molecules, or do you get mostly water?

No, gravity does not mock God. You need only apply simple lateral thought off the fact that lions lay with lambs whilst they had big teeth / Adam was not tempted with sexual immorality even though Eve walked around in the nude.... ;).
So no one fell down prior to the fall? No rocks fell on anything? No animal stepped on a bug?

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
River Jordan said:
So that's going to be your excuse for not going, eh? I wondered what one you would pick. You'll talk the talk (anonymously), but when it comes time to put up, you run away.
I would love to come, but we both know there will be no creationist Christians taking the platform.

Yep, no problems at all. Remember, evolution occurs at a population level.
You not grasping the point made. You said ''The first human to have sufficient consciousness to be accountable to God'', hence you are implying that miraculously there was an Eve with 'sufficient consciousness' at the same time.

Secondly, on the population level, you now inadvertantly agree with me on the evolving odds of 1 cell 3.5 billion years ago?

If not, how did evolution at a population level take place when there was no population?

Except you're not making any sense at all. No one is disputing the size of particles...I never even said anything about that at all.
You never grasped its relevance to the discussion? The US is spending a fortune on particle colliders for a reason.

Look at it this way. If you have two moles of hydrogen and one mole of oxygen and spark the mixture, do you get a random assortment of molecules, or do you get mostly water?
I apologize if I have not properly explained this to you. This link does a good job. Makes for a good read! http://www.icr.org/article/155/.

So no one fell down prior to the fall? No rocks fell on anything? No animal stepped on a bug?
You need to try and visualize being in God's presence. Do you expect to see any suffering in it? Earth was a place He visited in His full presence.

Sure, when we say no bugs were killed we may sound mad... as a horse galloping will kill many :lol:. But, we must not use carnal minds. People couldn't look at Moses after he had been in God's presence. His presence is an all consuming fire Heb 12:29. Absolute light. Not even a shadow of darkness / sin / death in it.

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
River Jordan said:
That's probably one of the main stumbling blocks here. You think scientists going about their daily work are "trying to bypass God". That's too bad and entirely unnecessary.
You twist and exaggerate as usual. I didn't say that all scientists are doing so in their "daily work", just that there is a general attitude among many, yourself included, that the truth concerning origins is accesible through science rather than belief in what God has told us.

Yes it does, and the Hebrew phrase is a jussive. Your empty assertion "no it isn't" doesn't change that.

The fact that the phrase is preceded by "God said", and that scripture tells us that God's word does not return to him viod but acheives the purpose for which he sent it, the emptiness of the assertion is yours.

Which requires a very specific reading of the text. Not everyone reads it that way.

That is besides the point. The text says what it says. The fact that some people just ignore that is irrelevant. If you, or anyone else, disagrees with what I have written then be my guest and support your case with arguments. The fact that there is disagreement is hardly an argument in SUPPORT of your interpretation.

Oh yeah.....that makes total sense.

A hypothetical scenario desn't have to make perfect sense. It is simply being used to illustrate a point.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
KingJ said:
I would love to come, but we both know there will be no creationist Christians taking the platform.
And apparently you're content to guarantee that won't happen. Like I said.....all talk, but when it comes time to show up, you run the other way.

You not grasping the point made. You said ''The first human to have sufficient consciousness to be accountable to God'', hence you are implying that miraculously there was an Eve with 'sufficient consciousness' at the same time.
God breathing the breath of life into mankind was a miraculous event. If there was a population of humans with sufficient consciousness to be accountable for sin, then God would have breathed a soul into all of them.

Secondly, on the population level, you now inadvertantly agree with me on the evolving odds of 1 cell 3.5 billion years ago?

If not, how did evolution at a population level take place when there was no population?
No, because your argument is quite frankly, at about a middle school level.

You never grasped its relevance to the discussion? The US is spending a fortune on particle colliders for a reason.
No, please explain.

I apologize if I have not properly explained this to you. This link does a good job. Makes for a good read! http://www.icr.org/article/155/.
Yeah, same problem. It argues against things "happening by random chance", but as I've tried to explain to you, chemistry does not happen by "random chance". That's why the experiment I described earlier generates almost all water and not just a random mixture of molecules.

You need to try and visualize being in God's presence. Do you expect to see any suffering in it? Earth was a place He visited in His full presence.

Sure, when we say no bugs were killed we may sound mad... as a horse galloping will kill many :lol:. But, we must not use carnal minds. People couldn't look at Moses after he had been in God's presence. His presence is an all consuming fire Heb 12:29. Absolute light. Not even a shadow of darkness / sin / death in it.
Yes, it does "sound mad" and saying "we must not use carnal minds" is just another way of saying "don't use the brain God gave you to think about things".

But I guess that does explain a lot of your posts. :p

UppsalaDragby said:
You twist and exaggerate as usual. I didn't say that all scientists are doing so in their "daily work", just that there is a general attitude among many, yourself included, that the truth concerning origins is accesible through science rather than belief in what God has told us.
So what did you mean by "I am not in a position to tell you what scientists should or shouldn't do. Mankind has always, repeatedly tried to bypass God and do things their own way", if not to insinuate that scientists are trying to bypass God?

The fact that the phrase is preceded by "God said", and that scripture tells us that God's word does not return to him viod but acheives the purpose for which he sent it, the emptiness of the assertion is yours.
?????? That's exactly what I'm saying. God said "let the earth bring forth" and the earth brought forth. God said it, and it happened.

That is besides the point. The text says what it says. The fact that some people just ignore that is irrelevant. If you, or anyone else, disagrees with what I have written then be my guest and support your case with arguments. The fact that there is disagreement is hardly an argument in SUPPORT of your interpretation.
There it is again. Rather than just accept the fact that people like me read Genesis differently than you, and that such has been the case for thousands of years, you have to accuse us of ignoring scripture. That's very aggressive and defensive, which you wouldn't do if you didn't feel threatened.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
River Jordan said:
And apparently you're content to guarantee that won't happen. Like I said.....all talk, but when it comes time to show up, you run the other way.
There are many creationists there in the US you can ask. You do see I am in Africa? If you really want to harp on this with honesty, why don't you invite them? I can think of a couple that would definitely go.

River Jordan said:
God breathing the breath of life into mankind was a miraculous event. If there was a population of humans with sufficient consciousness to be accountable for sin, then God would have breathed a soul into all of them.

So mankind was not 'living' until God breathed life / consciousness? Intelligence does not make us accountable? Do you believe babies and mentally handicapped will be in hell? Would it be too much to ask you for scripture to support your view? You are not making sense and making belief based claims that are only known by you.

River Jordan said:
No, because your argument is quite frankly, at about a middle school level.

You sounding more and more like an atheist. If it is, why no attempt to answer the question? It is basic math / basic English / basic question. You raise the argument of evolution taking place at a population level...how do you then explain it taking place with the one cell 3.5 billion years ago? I am truly flabbergasted / oblivious to how it can be justified.

Perhaps an explanation could be along the lines of populations of molecules existing within the cell. I really then have to question your honesty when you ignore the probability odds of one cell becoming us.

River Jordan said:
No, please explain.

Google it.

River Jordan said:
Yeah, same problem. It argues against things "happening by random chance", but as I've tried to explain to you, chemistry does not happen by "random chance". That's why the experiment I described earlier generates almost all water and not just a random mixture of molecules.

Did you really read it? The height of your bias is really really annoying. Here is another link for you http://www.icr.org/article/chemistry-by-chance-formula-for-non-life/. Now before you reply with a ''chemistry doesn't happen by random chance'' acknowledge that this guy with higher qualifications then you is saying / proving that it...agh, I will just quote him..The synthesis of proteins and DNA/RNA in the laboratory requires the chemist to control the reaction conditions, to thoroughly understand the reactivity and selectivity of each component, and to carefully control the order of addition of the components as the chain is building in size. The successful formation of proteins and DNA/RNA in some imaginary primordial soup would require the same level of control as in the laboratory, but that level of control is not possible without a specific chemical controller. Any one of these eight problems could prevent the evolutionary process from forming the chemicals vital for life. Chirality alone would derail it. This is why evolutionary scientists hope you don't know chemistry.

Yes, it does "sound mad" and saying "we must not use carnal minds" is just another way of saying "don't use the brain God gave you to think about things".

But I guess that does explain a lot of your posts. :p

The carnal mind cannot grasp many things. Why is that a surprise unless you are not saved? How did God come to be? What you are suggesting is that sin / evil can exist in God's presence. God, Creator of the universe and every particle in your body cannot stop a horse from stepping on a bug? If you have ever been under the anointing of the Holy Spirit you will grasp that God is pure / holy to the max. There is no evil / bug suffering in His presence.

Jonah 4:11 explains that God feels for animals.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
KingJ said:
There are many creationists there in the US you can ask. You do see I am in Africa? If you really want to harp on this with honesty, why don't you invite them? I can think of a couple that would definitely go.
So? Travel to the conference is still possible. Remember, you're claiming to have a solid scientific argument that disproves all of evolutionary biology. Surely something that historically significant is worth a plane ticket?

So mankind was not 'living' until God breathed life / consciousness? Intelligence does not make us accountable? Do you believe babies and mentally handicapped will be in hell? Would it be too much to ask you for scripture to support your view? You are not making sense and making belief based claims that are only known by you.
I never said anything like what you're talking about.

I believe God created mankind the same way He created everything else, by letting things happen on their own. At some point in that process, humans evolved sufficient mental capacity to be held accountable for sin, and that was the point at which God gave us His breath of life, i.e. a soul.

I don't want to be ugly, but it is in fact pre-middle school level. Yet you don't grasp it. It is basic math / basic English / basic question. You raise the argument of evolution taking place at a population level...how do you then explain it taking place with the one cell 3.5 billion years ago? I am truly flabbergasted / oblivious to how it can be justified.

Perhaps an explanation could be along the lines of populations of molecules existing within the cell. I really then have to question your honesty when you ignore the probability odds of one cell becoming us
If you're asking about how the first cells on earth arose....we don't know. That's what the field of exobiology is trying to figure out.

Google it.
If you can't support your own arguments, that speaks for itself.

Did you really read it? The height of your bias is really really annoying. Here is another link for you http://www.icr.org/article/chemistry-by-chance-formula-for-non-life/. Now before you reply with a ''chemistry doesn't happen by random chance'' acknowledge that this guy with higher qualifications then you is saying / proving that it...agh, I will just quote him.. The chemical control needed for the formation of a specific sequence in a polymer chain is just not possible through random chance.
There's that same straw man again. No scientist argues that those sequences evolved "by random chance". The fact that creationists can't argue against evolutionary theory as it actually exists, and instead have to invoke deliberately deceptive straw man versions should tell you something about their credibility.

Do you see my point? Scientists don't think so poorly of creationists because of some sort of satanic agenda or something; they do so because creationists like the ones you've cited are fundamentally dishonest. ICR, who's supposed to be among the top of the line creationist organizations, deliberately puts out misleading material like what you copied, and people like you eat it up because you don't know any better (and because you'll give them the benefit of the doubt since they're telling you what you want to hear). And ICR counts on that. They count on you not bothering to check their arguments. They count on you not understanding that evolution and chemistry are not "random chance".

Simply put KingJ, you're being lied to. Your own copy and pastes show it abundantly. The question is....do you care?

The synthesis of proteins and DNA/RNA in the laboratory requires the chemist to control the reaction conditions, to thoroughly understand the reactivity and selectivity of each component, and to carefully control the order of addition of the components as the chain is building in size. The successful formation of proteins and DNA/RNA in some imaginary primordial soup would require the same level of control as in the laboratory, but that level of control is not possible without a specific chemical controller.
Again, this is just ridiculously stupid. Reagents are put together and the products are generated on their own. Go back to the example I gave you earlier with hydrogen and oxygen. Do you honestly think the chemists who do that experiment are controlling the interactions of the atoms? Do you really think that if the scientists weren't there, the reaction would happen differently?

Do you really, truly believe that?

The building blocks of life cannot be manufactured by accident.
There it is again. Do you believe that chemistry occurs "by accident"?

The carnal mind cannot grasp many things. Why is that a surprise unless you are not saved? How did God come to be? What you are suggesting is that sin / evil can exist in God's presence. God, Creator of the universe and every particle in your body cannot stop a horse from stepping on a bug? If have have ever been under the anointing of the Holy Spirit you will grasp that God is pure / holy to the max. There is no evil / bug suffering in His presence.
Except what you and the ICR seem to be promoting is to shut our brains down completely and blindly believe whatever people claiming to be arguing for scripture tells us.

No wonder I bother you so much. People like me are a direct threat to you and your beliefs. I'm willing to, as a Christian, use my brain, and stand up and say that ICR is wrong on the facts. But to authoritarians who demand that we not use our "carnal minds" and just accept whatever ICR tells as as true without question, such objectivity is a direct threat and must be eliminated. That's why you lobby for me to be banned; that's why you say I should be made to "shut my mouth".

You wouldn't do any of that unless you saw me as a direct threat. So tell me KingJ, what is it you're scared of?

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
I am scared indeed! You are my sister in Christ who is close / already in a fall from faith. Evolution is an atheists belief that will strangle / kill your Christianity. Lose faith in scripture = lose faith in Jesus. It's a no brainer.

By all means use your mind to the max. But don't allow carnal obfuscation to cloud your spiritual mind.

UppsalaDragby

Feb 6, 2012
River Jordan said:
So what did you mean by "I am not in a position to tell you what scientists should or shouldn't do. Mankind has always, repeatedly tried to bypass God and do things their own way", if not to insinuate that scientists are trying to bypass God?
Notice that I used the word "mankind" there, of which scientists are merely a subset. That should have told you, relatively clearly, that I was talking about humankind in general, not every single person and not every single scientist.

?????? That's exactly what I'm saying. God said "let the earth bring forth" and the earth brought forth. God said it, and it happened.

There it is again. Rather than just accept the fact that people like me read Genesis differently than you, and that such has been the case for thousands of years, you have to accuse us of ignoring scripture. That's very aggressive and defensive, which you wouldn't do if you didn't feel threatened.
I dealt with these two points in the other thread. I am not being agressive, defensive and neither do I feel threatened. Perhaps you are trying to suggest that I am for tactical reasons? I am simply an apologist and I try not to take disagreements personally, even though I slip up now and then. What I expect from someone who disagrees with me however, is not just a meaningless comment saying "that is a very specific reading of the text", but rather an explanation why a specific reading is wrong. But perhaps we should continue this discussion in the other thread because it is pointless to answer the same kind of questions twice.

Reactions: KingJ

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
KingJ said:
I am scared indeed! You are my sister in Christ who is close / already in a fall from faith. Evolution is an atheists belief that will strangle / kill your Christianity. Lose faith in scripture = lose faith in Jesus. It's a no brainer.

By all means use your mind to the max. But don't allow carnal obfuscation to cloud your spiritual mind.
At the very least, I appreciate your honesty.
UppsalaDragby said:
Notice that I used the word "mankind" there, of which scientists are merely a subset. That should have told you, relatively clearly, that I was talking about humankind in general, not every single person and not every single scientist.
I still don't understand why you referenced mankind trying to bypass God in the context of talking about scientists.