Leaving My Post

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did encourage her in my eyes, by writing things that I thought will help to encourage her not to go down that road. The part about salvation were just my thoughts along the way that would probably be helpful to look at. Also, I was trying to help by asking if she had been water baptized and read the whole bible. It was because I cared. Anyway, whoever didn't see that, let's just agree to disagree. :) To me, this can just be a matter of perspective. I didn't mean to offend anyone.
I'm sure we've all done it tl_p, dipped ourselves in salt and into the deep fryer thinking we'll be a tasty morsel yet inadvertently poked others in the eye. It's a good thing we are loved.....at least I'm glad it's the case

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive been a Christian for about 14 years. I have been growing the way of praying for others and seeking God, but the more I do that, the more Im tempted to "leave my post" for sin or indifference.

Please pray that my husband and I stay on fire for the Lord. Help me pray against temptation to sin, which does much to undermine the confidence I have when praying for others. No, I don't believe I have to sin every way every day. I want to please the Lord and live a consecrated lifestyle. "The prayers of the righteous availeth much." I don't want sin to hinder my prayers or the peace I feel when going to God.

I want to keep growing. I believe I have a ways to go but there is more for me to do, and spiritual gifts for me to use more.

SAME But substitute husband for wife!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fight the good fight, Wy!

And considering what you have said here, if I could recommend any part of Scripture to focus on in this time of trial ~ which God gives us to grow us, for maturity and making us perfect, not to tear us down, so count it all joy, as James says ~ it would be the Psalms. Read and pray through the Psalms.

Grace and peace to you!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Help me pray against temptation to sin, which does much to undermine the confidence I have when praying for others.

It just takes a period of time for me to regain the same boldness I had during intercessory prayer. I hate that. I know in my head that Im forgiven. But I just don't feel the same confidence in prayer till a bit of time has passed. I feel like one of the worse things about sin is that it causes us as human beings to want to hide from God.

Do people not experience having sin affect their prayer life? Maybe it's understandable that no one wants to jump up and raise their hand for that.
This is an interesting side-road. The verse that came to mind is from Isaiah's call in Isaiah 6:1-7: Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. And then the seraph put a coal to his lips and pronounced him forgiven.

I guess that when I pray, I try to take C.S. Lewis's advice and not think about how dirty I am. (He said it's best if you don't think about yourself at all.) Maybe God would be more inclined to grant my requests if I weren't so dirty? (That sounds kinda crass, doesn't it?) I dunno.

That whole run and hide from God thing. It goes all the way back to The Garden, doesn't it? And me without my fig leaf.

Oh, well. They say it's easier to hug a dirty kid than a stiff kid.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an interesting side-road. The verse that came to mind is from Isaiah's call in Isaiah 6:1-7: Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. And then the seraph put a coal to his lips and pronounced him forgiven.

I guess that when I pray, I try to take C.S. Lewis's advice and not think about how dirty I am. (He said it's best if you don't think about yourself at all.) Maybe God would be more inclined to grant my requests if I weren't so dirty? (That sounds kinda crass, doesn't it?) I dunno.

That whole run and hide from God thing. It goes all the way back to The Garden, doesn't it? And me without my fig leaf.

Oh, well. They say it's easier to hug a dirty kid than a stiff kid.
Boy, you really hit the nail on the head there.

One thing that helps me is to consider that at the point at which I thought my relationship with God was at its peak in terms of consecration, devotion, loyalty and so forth, I was still pretty grimy.

So, as you put it, the whole run and hide from God thing is perfectly natural, but also perfectly unnecessary and only serves to hurt both ourselves and God.

One thing I've had to determine to get through my own thick skull is that no Biblical picture of God's yearning after an erring child is inapplicable to me (or anyone else if they will receive it).

If I should stray but for a day after 50 years of faithful service, the Father is still waiting with the robe, ring, and fatted calf so I had best come to my senses, arise from my pig pen, and go to Him since He sees me a long way off, runs to me and embraces me.

Reactions: Wynona and Lambano

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am feeling more spiritual protection since posting this request. Thank you, men and women of God!!

That's wonderful!

Sister Wy, consider this for future reference and blessing:

How much spiritual protection do you think God was providing before you felt it? :)

Reactions: Lambano and Wynona