Left behind- interesting christian movie

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is kind of a hoot when the preacher is trying to convince a room full of people he already knows are all Christians that they need to hear the gospel message. Sort of sounds like he has no idea what else to preach about.

Reactions: Helen

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here is a thought.
Rapturites want to escape the difficulties of daily living with a fantasy of being rescued from it. They imagine being "taken up" from this horrible, dark, cruel world. It amounts to an inability or refusal to pick up our daily cross and follow Him. It's a kind of bypass of the Crucifixion, a shortcut to the Resurrection. Yet we all have our resurrection moments in various forms. We are an Easter people, and hallelujah is our song. It's in the here and now, not some mysterious collective event in the Second and a half Coming.

Resurrection-image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Willie T

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rapturites want to escape the difficulties of daily living with a fantasy of being rescued from it.
Instead of psychoanalyzing *Rapturites* why don't you address the Scriptures which teach this Bible doctrine? I am still waiting to see a proper explanation of those Scriptures by the naysayers.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead of psychoanalyzing *Rapturites* why don't you address the Scriptures which teach this Bible doctrine? I am still waiting to see a proper explanation of those Scriptures by the naysayers.
You may be correct that we should not be psychoanalyzing those disagree with us, but demanding answer, whether we get it or not, won't necessary fix any problems, will it? Perhaps it would edify someone if it were given in charity... but is that what you see? Is that what you are looking for? Or are you looking perhaps for a victory? Certainly not a victory for God!

"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:6-7

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I grew up in church with the rapture teaching by the pastor....then when I began to study the Bible for myself there were just too many things that contradicted this theory...I sought God on this matter for quite some time and what is most concerning is that if there are those who are set on a pre-trib rapture then they could possibly be deceived when the false messiah comes into play.....They may think it is Jesus since they are certain that they will be raptured before the arrival of the false messiah, false prophet and false witnesses. I am going to share a video a friend made that makes you think...hmmmmmm

Part 1:
Part 2:https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...45448FF1E1592DD019B145448FF1E159&&FORM=VDRVRV
Part 3:https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...7C8E7EE54E6937265BD67C8E7EE54E69&&FORM=VDRVRV
Part 4:https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...79150A&rvsmid=C4A303502BFD9A9FDE60C4A3035Part 5: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...CD14F44&&FORM=VDRVRV02BFD9A9FDE60&FORM=VDRVRV
Part 6:https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...47184CD14F4464D135BE47184CD14F44&&FORM=VDRVRV

Reactions: TRU434 and amadeus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You may be correct that we should not be psychoanalyzing those disagree with us, but demanding answer, whether we get it or not, won't necessary fix any problems, will it? Perhaps it would edify someone if it were given in charity... but is that what you see? Is that what you are looking for? Or are you looking perhaps for a victory? Certainly not a victory for God!
I am not demanding anything. But I am requesting a proper exegesis of the relevant passages. That is the very least that Christians must do to believe or disbelieve any doctrine.

We have Christians here making all kinds of wild accusations about the Rapture, and those who hold to a Pre-Tribulation Rapture. But for anyone to believe their claims it is critical for the naysayers to take those passages and demonstrate from them that they say the OPPOSITE of what is stated therein.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul

Very good with scriptural references, I did enjoy watching it. I place a hold on any conclusions. My face to face is not yet fully functional.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not demanding anything. But I am requesting a proper exegesis of the relevant passages. That is the very least that Christians must do to believe or disbelieve any doctrine.
Another of those words I have to look up each time I see it on forums. What is proper?

Is this the least? The least, I would believe is to follow Jesus as we are led by the Holy Spirit. When we do so and as we walk among people, be they believers or not, will not truth be seen whether it is recognized or not? Jesus was the truth and said so, but even his closest followers expressed some serious doubts. They were only fishermen for the most part. The only educate man perhaps as carnal man understands educated today might be the apostle Paul, the one who came into the fold a bit later than the others.

We have Christians here making all kinds of wild accusations about the Rapture, and those who hold to a Pre-Tribulation Rapture. But for anyone to believe their claims it is critical for the naysayers to take those passages and demonstrate from them that they say the OPPOSITE of what is stated therein.
Is it critical for them to demonstrate? Hmmm? Did Jesus always give people what they asked just because they asked? We have many people serving God at different places in their walk with Him. Is every correct answer always going to be the same for each of them?