LENGTHY POSTS: I never read them, sorry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
King David: I once was young but now I am old....

amadeus: I once was old but now I am older....

(I'm no spring chicken either, lol)
I take it then that your avatar picture is not a current depiction of you... My picture is me on my 70th birthday [7 years ago] with my wife standing next to me. Want to play a game of tennis? I would love to... but don't wait at the court too long for my arrival! LOL

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't that kinda what we see?

:p

Kinda, but imagine how much fun it would be to finish people's posts for them.

What HAVOC you could cause, LoL!

Laughing-Kid.jpg

Reactions: marks

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*Sings* Carry on my wayward son,.. there'll be peace when you are done!! Lay your weary head to rest,.. don't you cry no more!!! :D

Reactions: amadeus

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for the information. Carry on then my friend!

Seems like your reference to a movie series went over many a person's head on this forum. Those, that can remember those films, probably suffer from having very long teeth. The films would be considered to be politically incorrect for the "delicate" people of this present era.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like your reference to a movie series went over many a person's head on this forum. Those, that can remember those films, probably suffer from having very long teeth. The films would be considered to be politically incorrect for the "delicate" people of this present era.
Lots of things that pass for movies or entertainment these days are things I cannot tolerate personally at all. Even some of the advertisements are sickening. I have tried to watch a few unknown newer movies or TV episodes based on more promising title and had to turn them off for one reason of the other very quickly. I seldom turn on the boob tube these days for other than the weather report or very old reruns of very old programs.

Were all of those old programs 'good'? No, and as you say, a lot of them would be viewed today as politically incorrect. But zombies, werewolves, vampires and who knows what else are apparently OK...Hmmm?
Politically correct...or edifying to a supposed child of God?

That unbelievers consume such such garbage, should not surprise us, but when some claiming the label of Christian speak favorably about programs I cannot stomach... I have to bite my tongue. If they ask me for an opinion, of course, I give it honestly, but many people who know me don't want that. They want approval so they avoid the issue with me. How many consume as much of the flesh and blood of Jesus each day as they do of prime time garbage and continued brainwashing. Who wants to wash our brains? Who wants us to quench the Holy Spirit in us?

God made everything "very good" in the beginning. The very good perverted by men should be filtered carefully by "eyes to see
and the "ears to hear" of the Holy Spirit in people... but people are taught to quench the Holy Spirit in the churches and on the TV screens. They are free to go their own way. Freewill indeed!

Help us dear Lord!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LENGTHY POSTS: I never read them, sorry
OP ^

For me it Depends.
Depends on the Poster.
Members who have been here for awhile, have pretty much exposed what they believe AND Why.

It's not difficult to comprehend who knows WHY a person believes what they DO believe...they tell you.
Pastor/Priest said so.
Commentators said so.
"Theologians" Agree, blah, blah.
Makes sense to them.

None of those things interest me.
And quickly a Topic goes in that direction, simply revealing They believe what they believe BY acquiescing to the influence of other men.

I do read the long posts, that imply a parallel between their Belief and Scripture, and then Go study the Scripture IN Context, to see if they ARE espousing IN or OUT of Context.

Sometimes that alone takes me on a more in depth study of a single point, that I may not have yet considered.

Taken

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that's the actor that played Ferris Bueller in 'Ferris Buellers' Day Off'.

@amadeus

Yes, that was a very popular movie amongst my friends growing up in the 80’s. I am surprised some people aren’t aware of the movie Ferris Beuller’s Day Off. Or, more so, of the actor who played the role, Matthew Broderick.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus

Yes, that was a very popular movie amongst my friends growing up in the 80’s. I am surprised some people aren’t aware of the movie Ferris Beuller’s Day Off. Or, more so, of the actor who played the role, Matthew Broderick.
Thanks...
If I should happen to see it listed I may give it a try since some here have has given it a thumbs up

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So my pastor did a great sermon today and mentioned how Christians today tend to want "fast food" rather then taking time to chew on the meat of God's Word.

And immediately I thought of this thread and our discussion on here. Some post long threads, and I realize it isn't that they are all that long. Some passages really do need that detail to understand and digest. I just don't catch everything, and groan, because I really am used to "fast food." It is sometimes hard to know what is important, what to glean, what to look deeper into. I want to trust Holy Spirit leading in what to focus in on.

But I don't want to tag people who just post long things here. Except maybe @Gideons300 who I posted to specifically. Im sorry for what I said. You wrote a work of art, and I criticized it as being a book. (It is, but in a good way).

But my thoughts have shifted a little bit. Some just can write works of art to look at and study. I would like to learn how to actually study the deeper things of God for myself, so that I can be firm in everything I believe in. It is hard when people you love are on both sides.

So thank you when yall scholarly bring fast food or regurgitated worm. LOL. But I want to pray and make an effort to actually take these studies on CB and do something with them, one book at a time. :)

I apologize for my long post. LOL I am grateful for the teaching and conviction of the Lord.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some just can write works of art to look at

Speaking of which, I just saw your poetry on CF (I go there to check on mine from time to time)...there is one there that I'm tempted to reopen my account to edit...ha ha...

Good stuff by the way sister!

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you consider the deeper things of God?

I would say those things that help you grow backwards in age rather then older. Teaching that involve having a child like faith to believe...using spiritual senses rather then just our natural five senses to understand...

Someone gave this definition on here. I saved it, but didn't save the name. :D it really helped me understand the difference between milk and meat:

Milk - the elementary truths of God's word - Christ's ministry, repentance, faith in God, laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, eternal judgment. The basic facts of the Christian faith.

Meat - "the teaching about righteousness...distinguish(ing) good from evil" . The teachings of how to actually LIVE the Christians faith, as opposed to just knowing the hard facts about the Christian faith.

I never thought of it this way. I thought of spiritual meat as a deeper understanding of the Word, but Spiritual meat is sometimes "hard to swallow, " but good for believers.

Maybe a study on spiritual discernment would be considered a deeper "meaty" thing of God. Any teaching that needs to get from head to heart to live it and grow closer to God.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of which, I just saw your poetry on CF (I go there to check on mine from time to time)...there is one there that I'm tempted to reopen my account to edit...ha ha...

Good stuff by the way sister!

Thanks Tone! They are in the Creative Writing section on here also. Been inspired to write again. I had this mental writer's block for awhile.

Reactions: Tone