LENGTHY POSTS: I never read them, sorry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL I first read this as you retired two thousand years ago I'm like bruh,.. you're from Jesus' time!! :D
Carry on sister! Glad some people are as slow on the uptake as I am...
awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, like before, Ill be reading one line wrong. Then add like a hundred more lines you have to interpret. I praise God the Holy Spirit teaches me. :D Sarcasm, word plays, etc. Terms that you should know as an intelligent being, but really don't...You just get a bit embarrassed about asking. :D So thanks for to those who are gentle.

Im a bit grateful someone else said it. :) There are just super smart people on here. And I had a 4.0, in highschool, 3.6 in college I think, but theological discussion is not my area of expertise. And Ive spoke a preschool vocabulary last few years to boot.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow, someone retired longer than me. I retired in the year 2,000...

Ya, I was able to stop work because I had a wife who was willing to keep me in the lifestyle that I grew to appreciate.

I probably retired around 15 years before you did.

My wife then kicked me out of our house in the city, but brought me a house 50 miles away with views to the false dinosaur park about 140 or so kms north of the escarpment edge where the house was, that she brought. Fortunately for me, she visited three days a week to do the washing and house cleaning. The second house was purchased, because she thought that I had nothing better to do, and wanted me to become heavily involved in the dying process without being given the leading role. I now know that when I am given that role to play, I will do so disgracefully.

But this is only a thumb nail sketch of what really happened. When my role finished, we sold the house that she brought, and moved closer to where the family lived and presently have one of our children living virtually in our hip pocket, not a very good idea, as you cannot tell them that the welcome mat is suffering and they need to go home. They live on the same five acres in a house only 60 m away.

With regards to our respective ages, I would be considered to be a pup in comparison to you.

Shalom

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya, I was able to stop work because I had a wife who was willing to keep me in the lifestyle that I grew to appreciate.

I probably retired around 15 years before you did.

My wife then kicked me out of our house in the city, but brought me a house 50 miles away with views to the false dinosaur park about 140 or so kms north of the escarpment edge where the house was, that she brought. Fortunately for me, she visited three days a week to do the washing and house cleaning. The second house was purchased, because she thought that I had nothing better to do, and wanted me to become heavily involved in the dying process without being given the leading role. I now know that when I am given that role to play, I will do so disgracefully.

But this is only a thumb nail sketch of what really happened. When my role finished, we sold the house that she brought, and moved closer to where the family lived and presently have one of our children living virtually in our hip pocket, not a very good idea, as you cannot tell them that the welcome mat is suffering and they need to go home. They live on the same five acres in a house only 60 m away.

With regards to our respective ages, I would be considered to be a pup in comparison to you.

Shalom
Is that all good or bad or a mixture thereof in your opinion, of course?

But yeah I know I'm an old man. From the day of my marriage my wife has continuously reminded me of the 7 year difference in our ages. My mother told me I had really robbed the cradle...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello forum, I don't know about anyone else but as for me when I try to get involved in a discussion on a thread topic and the posts are so lengthy I simply cannot stay focused and on track with what the poster is saying.

I have tried but it just overwhelms me and so I just scroll on down to the next post.

Anyone else have this problem?

Posters, have mercy!!! Keep it short and to the point. We do have a blog section if you would like to write a mini novel...:)
Thank you! God Bless❤

Yep, same with me.. For some reason it's difficult to read lengthy posts.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having memory problems already, are we? LOL
thinking-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000339-large1_zps45848723.gif

Thanks for the compliment. My wife hasn't complained [much] yet!!! LOL

You're welcome,.. but seriously,.. what are we talking about now? I might not be two thousand years old but my memory still slips from time to time. :D

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're welcome,.. but seriously,.. what are we talking about now? I might not be two thousand years old but my memory still slips from time to time. :D
It is not necessary to pass your 2000th birthday to be forgetful. Just wait until you are 77. Fortunately when I started having serious lapses in this or that, my wife still had an excellent memory. Now as she is also moving in that direction, we just agree on what we do remember and forget about anything we don't remember any more...LOL

Reactions: April_Rose

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I hates more than long posts is long threads. I ain'ts got the time to read/browse through more than a couple of pages of a thread.
Especially it is mostly nothing new. A 'my knowledge is better than yours' battle for the mastery, where no man is going to win anything other than perhaps a further inflated pride.