Let God be true and every man a liar

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Romans 3:4 "Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written: "So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge."

I want to say I appreciate the discussions here recently about the truth. See in the scripture above how when Paul was addressing the Jew's unfaithfulness it does not negate God's faithfulness. God's faithfulness is not at all dependent on any man, he is under no obligation to make us obedient so that he will remain faithful.

Therefore, why would anyone think that because they have the Holy Spirit that they must always be right? What does it Glorify God if you are right in anything?
1. Suppose you believe a damnable heresy, it may please the Lord to correct you so you do not fall away. Or if you do still fall away he can refer to his leading which you ignored during the Judgement.
2. You are teaching others falsely, again it may please the Lord to correct you to make you a better servant.

Any other situations?

I want to share some quotes I found to which I must say, "Amen!"

• Though a thousand scientists assert that the universe made itself (or that it is eternal), the inspired record of Jehovah’s creative activity (Genesis 1) remains accurate.
  • A legion of skeptics may charge that the suffering of this planet negates the existence of a powerful and benevolent God, but his wisdom and moral integrity remain inflexible and the revelation of his righteous judgments will be acknowledged ultimately (Romans 2:5; 14:11).
  • Superficial theologians argue that salvation will be universal, or that “grace” will be bestowed unconditionally, but such baseless theories will never negate the truth of God that Christ is the author of eternal salvation only to such as obeyhim (Hebrews 5:8-9).
  • Though every religionist in the world should advocate the lie that there is no resurrection, no judgment, no eternal heaven or hell, such misrepresentations will never negate the truth regarding these matters as set forth in the Lord’s steadfast word.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Anyone who does have the Holy Spirit, has God's promise that He will lead us into ALL truth. We can believe that and claim it. Now this doesn't mean novices or people who never study His word cannot fall into error, but a responsive heart can always be used of the Lord to stay on the right path.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I hope your right Stan.

Since it is the Holy Spirit doing this leading, it means it must be on this side of eternity; as there would be no need for his leading on the other side.
This is what I observe: I don't see very many people being lead into all knowledge, but I do see some people being lead into Christ's likeness.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
lforrest said:
I hope your right Stan.

Since it is the Holy Spirit doing this leading, it means it must be on this side of eternity; as there would be no need for his leading on the other side.
This is what I observe: I don't see very many people being lead into all knowledge, but I do see some people being lead into Christ's likeness.
So do I.
That would be consistant with Paul saying "now we know in part but then we will know as we are known." It is indeed like looking in a mirror darkly.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
I think the Holy Spirit spends alot of time just helping us think sanely and read the word honestly without any agenda's.

What I have grasped of late is that a Christian needs to be fully convinced spiritually and mentally that the bible is the word of God. Rom 3:4 is basically saying that if the bible is the word of God...it is the word of God. It is truth. It either is inspired or it is not. God of the universe translated Himself into our vocabulary. That is quite something!! That is why hearing ''''Christians'''''' discedit the word in anyway is quite concerning!! That is the first thing an enemy would do and the last thing to be expected of a Christian.