Let us Compare........& Examine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How do you see yourself

• Arrogant in your answers or truths as you see them?

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Proud that you know the truth but others are ingnorant?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Show humbleness that you have found favour with God to show you by his Spirit the truth and share sa

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • All the above, I can identify with !

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I took some time off to self examine and put right perspective on what is actually " being said" by myself and others, that rubs us all wrong.

Here are 3 word definitions:
1.arrogant, adjective
having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.
2. pride, noun
1. a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements,
3.humility, noun
a modest or low view of one's own importance; humbleness.

I apologize to all, for in my statements, (since I've been a member here) I found myself guilty of my own arrogance, not in what I stated but rather the way I've stated it. I am sorry for the abrasive bluntness of my personality type. Unfortunately for others my world is blk / white; ( no grey) wrong or right.

I believe we should be thankful to know the truth of the word, but not in a boastful way, rather one should serve in humbleness to the edifying of others and to the glory of God.

The word says this......

Romans 12:3 - For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Proverbs 8:13 - The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Galatians 6:7-8 - Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Proverbs 29:23 - A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Philippians 2:3 - Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

This in no way is a condemnation on others, yet I confess, I have in the past condemned those in whom their arrogance ruffled me.

If indeed we are approaching the final stretch for grace, then let us examine OURSELVES, rather than examine each other.

I am sorry to have used the word to jab at other's perceived supposed flaws. I am a most imperfect human !

Remember you don't have to be honest with me but only yourself. God already knows ALL OUR FAULTS !

In Christ and his love,
L. A. M. B

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest I can honestly say that I could tick all three - arrogance can be very subtle at times and also it’s in an inner unspoken attitude.
Pride, yes that can creep in, but once again it may not be in what I post.
The last one is interesting because it can be prideful to consider that I am humble !!!!!!!
It’s actually quite interesting to consider them all xxx

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can be a self-absorbed human being with darkness all within my heart's content.

That's what Jesus seemed to claim what was within man that defiled him,

Mark Chapter 7:

9 And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe[c] your own traditions! 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’[d] and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’[e] 11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

14 Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. 15 Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them.” [16] [f]

17 After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

20 He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”

Reactions: Nancy and L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest I can honestly say that I could tick all three - arrogance can be very subtle at times and also it’s in an inner unspoken attitude.
The last one is interesting because it can be prideful to consider that I am humble !!!!!!!
I agree and found the same in my own assessment. I should have included an all three in the questions maybe.

I see some good in the bad behaviour as well, bc we can be assured of what we know of God and proud he has shown us light but you are right those two can be insidious and turn into an ugly about us.

Humility of course is always the best of being, in esteeming others above ourselves. I have met a FEW truly humble ppl. Not that they had low self esteem nor lacked confidence but they just considered themselves the same as everyone else.

It is a fine line we must walk. Yet ppl think it's the big sins of lying, theft, murder, adultery ect that separates us. Jesus said," it's what cometh OUT, that defiles us"., as Matthew has pointed out.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i was thinking the same

Reactions: Rita and L.A.M.B.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree and found the same in my own assessment. I should have included an all three in the questions maybe.

I see some good in the bad behaviour as well, bc we can be assured of what we know of God and proud he has shown us light but you are right those two can be insidious and turn into an ugly about us.

Humility of course is always the best of being, in esteeming others above ourselves. I have met a FEW truly humble ppl. Not that they had low self esteem nor lacked confidence but they just considered themselves the same as everyone else.

It is a fine line we must walk. Yet ppl think it's the big sins of lying, theft, murder, adultery ect that separates us. Jesus said," it's what cometh OUT, that defiles us"., as Matthew has pointed out.
"I should have included an all three in the questions maybe."

Can we vote three times? :D lol.
Can you edit it?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I should have included an all three in the questions maybe."

Can we vote three times? :D lol.
Can you edit it?
Lol. I don't have the tech know how. Feel free to edit or add to for the edification. You are staff. I won't be offended.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have met in forums truly humble ones and they have my up most respect and admiration.It comes across in their address to others or just the act of NOT engaging.

Remember this
" It's hard to be humble ,when you're PERFECT in every way". Lots of old pioneer ppl today have this problem of wrong thinking.

Reactions: Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't really see myself when I post. Usually I just state my beliefs when someone is posting contrary to biblical teachings for fear that other's won't have my side of things to consider. But when people are rude, my first impression is to defend myself.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the point is OTHERS see you.

I can feel within myself the arrogance when I jab at others, either at their error, ignorance, lies or twist that provoke me......what I'm trying to learn is modification on my own reaction to what others say.

Good that you have an humble spirit, unfortunately not all of us do. I'd say it's a rarity to be an humble person !

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is good to know of the 3 voters that we can be honest with ourselves and others. As I have said I am a most imperfect being but praises to God the Master is NOT through with this masterpiece of glory.

Reactions: David in NJ