Lets Be More Kind To One Another In This Forum

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Blind yourself and be blind. Make up your own gospel to judge the Lord by? Let it be called the Lord's sin according to Rach. Where is it written in the scriptures that telling the truth about evil people and calling people serpents and scorpions is sin?

I remember being accused of being 'Larry', a much hated member of a particular forum. That was evil, too.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Sigh. Again, I have never said to lie. Truth is essential. And I have no problem with telling people they are wrong. I have not lied. The Bible tells us Jesus never sinned, this is not my own gospel. The Bible also tells us that Jesus loved all, even those who nailed Him to the cross. Mine? No, scripture. So when Jesus spoke absolute truth with no flattery or pandering or even political correctness, then is was wonderfully perfect and not at all disrespectful in the way we are talking about. The problem is, as I was pointing out, is that we are not Jesus, and our motives are not always pure and perfect like His.
The issue is, that it does not take or require nastiness to be truthful and to stand firm in the truth. If there is nastiness or meanness, it doesn't speak to the necessity of truth telling, but to a sinful heart. It speaks to issues in the mean ones life...it most certainly does not stem from a Lord who told us to love everyone and who said "Father, forgive them" of the very people He called vipers.

So, Son of God....you are very wrong. Have I called Jesus sinful? No. Have I made up things that are not found in Scripture...no, in fact I've given you many scriptures that you have not rebutted. Have I needed to lie to prove my point? No. And have I needed, at any point in this process, to be mean or disrespectful? No. I think you're wrong, but I'm a long way from off loading verbal abuse and nastiness at you....which would be being disrespectful.

I showed you where Christ was very nasty and ornery to the Pharisees, Sadducee, and Scribes. Are you saying that It is not a Sin for Jesus but it is a sin for those who walk in His Spirit and likeness?

Here is your Quote "being nasty to people, is a sin..."

I remember being accused of being 'Larry', a much hated member of a particular forum. That was evil, too.

What does that have to do with my post?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This: Namecalling, when it is done in spite and with malice is a sin. Jesus was never guilty of that.

Matthew 15:26
This verse insinuates but the culture of the day explains tons here.

My point being, Jesus was pointed in His speech, yet He spoke out of love. Remember also, when Jesus walked the planet, the presence of the evil one was thick. He cast out more than one unclean spirt. So He needed to use pointed speech. You see to sin is to go against God's direction for you. As we see with Peter, Satan can intervene without our knowing, as Peter was called Satan by Jesus.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Matthew 15:26
This verse insinuates but the culture of the day explains tons here.

My point being, Jesus was pointed in His speech, yet He spoke out of love. Remember also, when Jesus walked the planet, the presence of the evil one was thick. He cast out more than one unclean spirt. So He needed to use pointed speech. You see to sin is to go against God's direction for you. As we see with Peter, Satan can intervene without our knowing, as Peter was called Satan by Jesus.

I agree with this. Jesus spoke with anger toward those who were arrogantly religious and self-righteous---the Pharisees and the Sadducees, and other teachers of the Law, but He was acting out of righteous anger, demonstrating to us this instruction:

Ephesians 4:26 (NKJV)

“Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath,

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we add tone to Jesus's words that may be inaccurate

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How so? Do you thnk Jesus was not angry when he called the Pharisees and Sadducees and other hypocrites with them serpents, a brood of vipers and whitewashed tombs?

I tend to believe that Jesus knew how to regulate His emotions. He knew what he was saying and how it would effect the Pharisees - no need to lose his head over it. But, who knows?

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I tend to believe that Jesus knew how to regulate His emotions. He knew what he was saying and how it would effect the Pharisees - no need to lose his head over it. But, who knows?

I believe that, too. I am sure He was the model of restraint---expressing strong emotion such as anger in a righteous way is what He did, and we must do the same.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that, too? I am sure He was the model of restraint---expressing strong emotion such as anger in a righteous way is what He did, and what we must do the same.

agreed. It sure would have been interesting to watch him preach....

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
agreed. It sure would have been interesting to watch him preach....

Yeah, with such passion! We need to shed those images of a passive, gentle Jesus and see Him as He really was---all love but also fiery passion when He needed to be. I also believe He had a perfect sense of humour and playfulness...just like God.

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am more focused on how Jesus expressed love in all circumstance than making guesses about His personality anyway.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Jesus' personality is an open book. He had a perfect personality. Where we have types that include lists of inherent strengths and weaknesses, Jeus had all types combined into one Person with all the strengths and none of the wekanesses! How wonderful!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Melancholy? So the truth is depressing to you? I find it exhilerating and free!

(null)

Sometimes, I find, when exposed to the truth, fantasy and wonder are removed from the equasion. That makes me sad in a sense. Almost like playing a realy long great video game, and you beat the final boss. Then there's nothing left. I find that sometimes truth hinders my creativity because I know none of certain things can exist.

However, there is something very sastisfying in knowing the truth and learning the information. There's a stability and a calmness in it that all the fantasy and wonder don't have. The unassuredness goes away.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Way to explain the ambiguity we can fell with truth, Whiteknucle. I know the feeling, it's hard to reconcile things sometimes when we want to think in a single lane.

In hindsight to this thread, please allow me to make another comment as well. All of these references to Jesus harshly rebuking disregard an important detail. You're not Jesus. We all should aspire to be like Jesus, but we fall well short of that mark of Jesus - so miserably short we needed him [Jesus] to fix it.

II Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

A reflection looks a whole lot like the original, but there's one problem with a reflection - it will always be distorted and never truly the image of the original, for it is flipped around. Imago Dei, we are indeed made in his image, but we are not gods. We have a respnsibility as a church (body) to rebuke and make sure sound doctrine is clear, but we do not have the authority of Jesus to rebuke anyone and everyone who may not agree with our stance on something.

This same attitude is responsible for the deplorable state of treatment for Christianity as well. We will be hated for his namesake yes, but when you hold totally nonChristian people to the standards of a Christian, you've already missed the boat. We need a savior for a reason.

sashka

Jan 25, 2012
My favorite passage from The Bible regarding this topic:

Colossians 3:12-17

King James Version (KJV)

[sup]12[/sup]Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
[sup]13[/sup]Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
[sup]14[/sup]And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
[sup]15[/sup]And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
[sup]16[/sup]Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
[sup]17[/sup]And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Faith, hope, and love. But love is the greatest out of the three.
May The Lord be with every one of you.

Reactions: justaname

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good posting there Sashka!
113.gif

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My favorite passage from The Bible regarding this topic:

Colossians 3:12-17

King James Version (KJV)

[sup]12[/sup]Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
[sup]13[/sup]Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
[sup]14[/sup]And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
[sup]15[/sup]And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
[sup]16[/sup]Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
[sup]17[/sup]And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Faith, hope, and love. But love is the greatest out of the three.
May The Lord be with every one of you.
Great wisdom here.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ephesians 4:26

New International Version (NIV)

[sup]26[/sup] “In your anger do not sin”[sup][a][/sup]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry,

Anger is not sin, but it sure leads to resentment and bitterness if you do not deal with it. This verse is not permission to be angry - Paul is letting the Church know that anger can easily turn into sin if you hang on to it.