Let's Discuss our Adversary.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe the devil exists ?

• 2 No, it's not literal when it speaks of him in the bible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. I really don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Devil exists, and is far older and more powerful than a human. He is also an intentionally-created being, like Mankind, therefore is not to be insulted or mocked because as the Bible says

Proverbs 9:7
He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

God will let the Devil avenge himself on you and he will give you a bruise if you needlessly insult him. It is generally better to avoid discussion of him. The only thing you need to know is that Jesus is stronger.
Hello but MY GOD tells me that greater is he that is within me, God's Holy Spirit, than he that is in the world !

Enough said ?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let's Discuss our Adversary.​

Let's not discuss our adversary!

Our adversary desires to be the focus of our attention. Press of this nature gives him advantage while 'we' assume being on top of the game......so 'we' become putty in his hands.

We have yet to learn how he works!

This is ignorance in it's simplest form.
Jesus said for us NOT to fear him that could ONLY kill the body but rather to FEAR THE ONE THAT HAD THE POWER TO DO SUCH AND CAST THE WHOLE OF ONE INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE !

You are free NOT to bring your nonsense here again.

Reactions: Jim B and Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is ignorance in it's simplest form.
Jesus said for us NOT to fear him that could ONLY kill the body but rather to FEAR THE ONE THAT HAD THE POWER TO DO SUCH AND CAST THE WHOLE OF ONE INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE !

You are free NOT to bring your nonsense here again.
I see.....and you want to control my input?....hmmmmm

Not being fearful does not mean it is wise to toy/patronise with one who has sharper wits, greater intelligence and more experience than any mortal. Eve, in her perfect state tried it and got sucked in.

You can be assured there is more sense than non sense in this statement.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is limited thru us if we FEAR any but him.
The FEAR of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom!

Input all you like QT, I'm out of hear.

@Rita will you please delete my account. I have had enough of fools, heretics, and ppl who think they know better than God and his word.
Thank you, LaWhana

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, so sorry that you want to go xx
I sadly can’t delete an account but I will let Angelina know as she is admin xx

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'd like to discuss the way he can come at God's ppl, his lies & deceits, whether he has any powers and hopefully get to his end.
Satan (Hebrew ha Satan = Adversary) comes either as an angel of light (to deceive) or as a roaring lion (to intimidate). The Word of God is the Sword of the Spirit against Satan and all his evil angels. At the same time, God controls Satan and allows him as much as God deems necessary. See the book of Job. A time is coming when Satan and the Antichrist will be given full control of the earth for 3 1/2 years (42 months).

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@face2face

I see you are a humanist. I'm a Christian. We'll never see eye to eye, nor will you accept sound teaching
I doubt you even know what the term means...but needless to say I understand completely the subject at hand and I am glad you used the Word adversary - that's a great start!

And the angel of the Lord stood in the way for an adversary (Heb. הַשָּׂטָן, hassatan)—Behold, I went out to withstand thee (Heb, הַשָּׂטָן, hassatan—to be an adversary unto thee ) Numbers 22:22, 32.

So once a correct understanding of how the word is translated it comes down to the context to determine it's meaning. The above verse is a case in point. The Angel of the Lord is refereed to as a satan or adversary in a positive sense.

I will slowly work through this verses in the hope my deceived brothers and sisters can gain enlightenment on this simple subject.

F2F

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Input all you like QT, I'm out of hear.

@Rita will you please delete my account. I have had enough of fools, heretics, and ppl who think they know better than God and his word.
Sad and shocking reply to @quietthinker’s post. Must have been building for some time as she threw 3 groups out with the bath water.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rarely do we see threads about what it is that makes believing and living for God hard.( And it is ! )

Yes, the Mosaic law with it's 613 commands, and the flesh or self nature and sin get some show time. But we are told to put on the whole armour of God, to be sober or aware and vigilant. WHY?

Before we were created there was a war raged in heaven against God by one angel named Lucifer and a third of God's angels followed him.

This one angel God created was so beautiful and had pipes that made beautiful music that he was truly breath taking. Just as we are created with free will to choose to serve God or reject him, so too were the angels. They apparently were created
much as we are, with thoughts, emotions, and the possibility to rebel against God, their creator!

Since he was so captivating to see and hear pride took over his FEAR of GOD.
He really thought he was " hot stuff". He was admired by his peers and this caused his pride swell until he thought he also had power. His one goal was to overthrow God and take the throne in heaven.

I will try to give as much back-ground on him as possible ,strait from the scriptures.

If I have this set up right for a poll then engage if you wish with a commentary on your choice & why.......thanks.

ATTENTION:
THIS THREAD IS NOT TO DISCUSS WHETHER YOU SEE DEMONS, ANGELS, FLOATING HEADS OR .....INTO A SPIRITUAL REALM. PLEASE REFRAIN.

I'd like to discuss the way he can come at God's ppl, his lies & deceits, whether he has any powers and hopefully get to his end. The lake of fire & eternal punishment. I know there are annalist here as well. Hopefully we can engage in peace by God's Spirit and word !
To say the least L3 I am a bit shocked at the responses, many I have met over the years do not think the devil is real, but I must admit, I am pleased by the responses. Knowing he exists is a prime step in defense.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like to discuss the way he can come at God's ppl, his lies & deceits, whether he has any powers and hopefully get to his end.
Oh man, that’s so good. I spent too many years being ignorant of his devices and tactics. Looking forward to the thread.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let's Discuss our Adversary.​

Let's not discuss our adversary!

Our adversary desires to be the focus of our attention. Press of this nature gives him advantage while 'we' assume being on top of the game......so 'we' become putty in his hands.

We have yet to learn how he works!
You’ve confused me here. You say let’s not discuss him, then you say we have yet to understand how he works. You’re sounding cuckoo and fractured to me with this…

Reactions: Jim B

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see.....and you want to control my input?....hmmmmm

Not being fearful does not mean it is wise to toy/patronise with one who has sharper wits, greater intelligence and more experience than any mortal. Eve, in her perfect state tried it and got sucked in.

You can be assured there is more sense than non sense in this statement.
Oh my gosh, stop guys! I was so looking forward to practical help in this thread…QT, what’s going on with you lately? I never understand you any more…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh. A discussion on his tactics that he has kept us oppressed with and jumbled up with could have been a really helpful thread…this is a real shame…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whelp, the op ran off. I had something I thought might help her but she doesn’t allow pm’s.
Let’s all give ourselves a big hand!
sheesh…

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like to discuss the way he can come at God's ppl, his lies & deceits, whether he has any powers and hopefully get to his end. The lake of fire & eternal punishment. I know there are annalist here as well. Hopefully we can engage in peace by God's Spirit and word !

Imagine yourself at your best. The best you that you could possibly be.

The know that the devil is called "the adversary" as he will do everything he can to prevent you from becoming your best self.

The devil is the obstacle standing between you and everything you want to accomplish in life.

Pay attention to your internal dialogue.

Doubts, worries, stress, fears, concerns, negative thoughts. Some of these ideas, sensations and feelings are not your own. They come from your "adversary" or those who do his bidding.

They take shapes and forms, many of which people are blind to and do not recognize.

Think of the current state of the economy and job markets. Think of all the marketing campaigns which led to people supporting some of those negative societal trends. Events like failing economies can be works of the devil, which many christians unwittingly supported for many years. If we conducted a forensic examination of how events like these occur, what would we find? That might answer your question.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have three enemies - the world, the flesh and the devil.
We absolutely can be ignorant of the devils schemes and devices.
And even with the way this thread immediately went, it can be seen that he does not want us to come together and discuss what we’ve gone through and learned about it. Until we are weaned from our flesh, he has an easy time of stirring it up, but he can do it even more easily when we aren’t aware that it’s one of his favorite tactics to stir up offense in us.

Reactions: Mr E

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You’ve confused me here. You say let’s not discuss him, then you say we have yet to understand how he works. You’re sounding cuckoo and fractured to me with this…
I'm sorry for the confusion sbg. That's not the intent. The intent is to recognise our wily foe; how he commands the press ......and we think that if we can tell each other how bad he is we are one up on him. I think he has sucked us in......and he has sucked us in because the head job we do on ourselves has deceived us.

When Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness and bid people to look he certainly didn't tell them to focus on the snakes and or scorpions the desert they were in was riddled with.

Jesus for most posters on this site is a convenient name to justify the narrow and misunderstood gift of Salvation and its author. If it wasn't, the threads would have a different flavour and emphasis altogether.