Let's Discuss our Adversary.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe the devil exists ?

• 2 No, it's not literal when it speaks of him in the bible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. I really don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rarely do we see threads about what it is that makes believing and living for God hard.( And it is ! )

Yes, the Mosaic law with it's 613 commands, and the flesh or self nature and sin get some show time. But we are told to put on the whole armour of God, to be sober or aware and vigilant. WHY?

Before we were created there was a war raged in heaven against God by one angel named Lucifer and a third of God's angels followed him.

This one angel God created was so beautiful and had pipes that made beautiful music that he was truly breath taking. Just as we are created with free will to choose to serve God or reject him, so too were the angels. They apparently were created
much as we are, with thoughts, emotions, and the possibility to rebel against God, their creator!

Since he was so captivating to see and hear pride took over his FEAR of GOD.
He really thought he was " hot stuff". He was admired by his peers and this caused his pride swell until he thought he also had power. His one goal was to overthrow God and take the throne in heaven.

I will try to give as much back-ground on him as possible ,strait from the scriptures.

If I have this set up right for a poll then engage if you wish with a commentary on your choice & why.......thanks.

ATTENTION:
THIS THREAD IS NOT TO DISCUSS WHETHER YOU SEE DEMONS, ANGELS, FLOATING HEADS OR .....INTO A SPIRITUAL REALM. PLEASE REFRAIN.

I'd like to discuss the way he can come at God's ppl, his lies & deceits, whether he has any powers and hopefully get to his end. The lake of fire & eternal punishment. I know there are annalist here as well. Hopefully we can engage in peace by God's Spirit and word !

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Screenshot_20221206-153139~2.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221206-153148~2.png
    Screenshot_20221206-153148~2.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 0

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the account of the war in heaven and Lucifer's casting to the earth.Screenshot_20221206-154911~2.png

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Devil exists, and is far older and more powerful than a human. He is also an intentionally-created being, like Mankind, therefore is not to be insulted or mocked because as the Bible says

Proverbs 9:7
He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

God will let the Devil avenge himself on you and he will give you a bruise if you needlessly insult him. It is generally better to avoid discussion of him. The only thing you need to know is that Jesus is stronger.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stand on the Word of God and obey Him and you won't have to worry about the devil. A Christian is far more powerful than the devil.

1 John 5:18
18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

Reactions: Wynona and L.A.M.B.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Let's Discuss our Adversary.​

Let's not discuss our adversary!

Our adversary desires to be the focus of our attention. Press of this nature gives him advantage while 'we' assume being on top of the game......so 'we' become putty in his hands.

We have yet to learn how he works!

• Angry
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you think it's speaking of a literal woman with two wings of an eagle?
Who do the symbols of Rev 12 refer to? What is the earth that helps the woman?
What's interesting is you have listed 3 sections of Scripture all of which are highly focused on Bible imagery and yet nowhere in Scripture is your supernatural agent of evil given a single section of Scripture - no book, chapter or plain speaking verse that teaches an origin story.

Don't you find that interesting? Concerning if anything!

The Torah has no mention at all of this being.
No warning of any being in the Garden only creatures the Lord God had made.

What's a little funny is you are forced to go to Ezekiel 28; a prophecy of the King of Tyre to force an origin story when in reality its clearly speaking of the favor the King had with God and Israel and the trade he enjoyed and their protection.

Deception on this subject is painful to read - hurts my eyes to see good people sold lies.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1670368085192.png

Also, for your info re the poll - a devil is a false accuser - someone or something that falsely accuser another - you will never see the word devil used in a positive sense - its always negative! An example is sin in Hebrews 2:14 where its said that Jesus in his death destroyed the power of death (which is sin) called the devil. Sin falsely accusers us against God.

A satan is different - you can have a positive satan which means adversary. I can be a satan to this OP as I can stand in the way of you teaching lies - in this sense I would be a positive satan. Peter was a negative adversary and he tried to stand in the way of Christ sacrifice.

What this means is your poll doesn't make sense, because a devil, or a satan can be anyone or anything dependent upon the context of its use!

But nowhere is satan or devil referring to a fallen sinful angel.

F2F

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just like Archangels are Princes as in Daniel 10, the demonic fallen Prince of Persia and the Prince of Greece, Michael is the Prince of Israel. Cherubs are a higher ranking angel than an archangel over a nation, which is why Satan is the King of Tyre.
You have the Gospel according to Hollywood!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ezekiel 28.
Correct yes. I suppose you believe Lucifer is your supernatural being as well?
Com'on surely you can work this out for yourself!
Try asking the right questions of the text and I know God will lead you into truth.
F2F