Let's discuss something!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
According to THEORY it is curved but no one knows for certain. It is quite possible that there could be more aspects than just curvature to it. After all, in maths any curved object can also have tangents and other perfectly straight lines going right through it.
In my opinion, to believe in only one aspect of something without considering other aspects is a foolish thing to do.
Your earth analogy is not good because it confines people to a small planet and is not considering the fact that we can go further south if we left the earth in a rocket and kept flying out into space in the direction of south from Earth. Imagine straight lines from the center of the Earth radiating out in any direction. Those straight lines are not confined by Earths boundaries but can go on forever into space and might never get back to where they started at Earths center due to very real possibility of space being infinite. The concept of space time being curved tends to confine space and time to a curved boundary and gives the impression of something round not something infinite without boundaries.

Once again, the theory implies something round like a bubble. A bubble has a boundary. I find it amazing that so many scientific theories suggest boundaries to space and time where none have been proven to exist. The only boundaries to space and time seem to be those which mankind inflict on their own concepts.
The "universe" by definition is "all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos." That definition implies that the universe is a combination of ALL that exists. If that definition is correct there can be no other universe. If there was, the definition of the word universe would need changing.
ALL that exists today came from all that existed yesterday and all that will exist tomorrow will come from all that exists today. Ultimately the balance must the same since matter simply changes form, nothing can be added and nothing can be taken out of the universe. All that exists simply is what it is regardless of what form it takes or changes into. Any changes that mankind notice are merely part of the processes of life.

Don't you find it amusing that humans observe cycles and circles on a spherical Earth and end up concluding that space and time is also round or cyclic? I sometimes imagine humans as rats in an exercise wheel. They run around chasing their own tales and getting nowhere fast. Yet they all like to present each other with awards for being smarter than the average bear.
Growth and shrinkage, expansion and contraction, life and death, is all part of life and part of nature. Life begets life and that process must logically be infinite due to the concept of infinite regress and the fact that you cannot get something from nothing. Therefore in my opinion, it is logical to believe that life has always existed as part of the universe which must have also always existed regardless of the changing forms of matter within it.

1.I agree that it is meaningless to describe the universe as having begun at any point in time.
2. I think it is also meaningless to say the universe is part of something bigger or claim that it is one of many. The reason it is meaningless to me is because of the definition of the word universe meaning "ALL EXISTING MATTER" It is impossible to have more than one group of "all existing matter". If you did, the first group of "matter" would obviously not have "All existing matter" in it due to some "matter" being in the second group.
3. I agree the universe is eternal and without a beginning. Mankind can create a beginning point in time any place and any time in his imagination and lifetime and it is obviously the nature of mankind to imagine much but just because we assign a starting point to "ALL MATTER" ( the universe) does not mean that imaginary point actually existed in reality. All matter simply changes form in its cyclic nature as it recycles itself through the natural processes of life, reproduction and death.

I find it amazing for someone who says she's the "Truth" and doesn't understand at all how we're created. In fact, the Truth wasn't totally understood until December of 2016 which ended the millennium reign of Christ.