Lets Get It On, Mystery Babylon.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
There Is Mystery Babylon what is this animal of the bible . As I see it the pope is neck deep and pushing it.So what is Mystery Babylon in the end time of the bible?>Your thought first please.Very interesting

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Its very intro that keras talks about zechariah , but what is said there, it comes back to shinar from where it came.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
The early "Shinar" is the city built by Nimrod in the land of Babylon. In the early manuscripts "Shinar" and "Babylon" are interchangeable. This chapter then is talking about the city Babylon, or Shinar of the last days, and in the fourth verse God says that He is going to consume it. We know that the consuming of the city of Shinar, or this Babylon of the end times has not taken place. This is future to our day today. The specific date is not important, but what is important, is that we know when we are in that season or time.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
So It says that the women will come back to Shinar in the last days!Zechariah said so. literal Babylon and a mystery Babylon.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Will Babylon rise Iraq . yes it will !> because Mystery Babylon will be put back to shinar!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
There is so may ways this thing is going to happen!!!!!! its mind blowing .from I17 war, E38war, to a power vacuum to a rise of A god to the end of all countries as they see it to the rapture>> its just mind blowing.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
The Roman system of religion that controls the "christian" churches on the planet are mentioned in Revelation 17 and 18...it is based on the Babylonian system of sungod worship...that is why the Roman church today uses the round wafers, statues, and the halo of the sun in all it's pictures, and that is why the early pope/emperor of Rome Constantine decided by papal decree to make the holy day of worship the first day of the week or the day they call sunday....he forbid anyone from worshipping and following the true Biblical Sabbath day as commanded by God..Genesis 2 and Exodus 20.....
The Roman system of false religion is called a harlot in Revelation 17 and the protestant churches who follow the Roman system (basically all them) are "daughters of the harlot"..and God deals very harshly with them..read it for yourself!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
So What is Mystery Babylon , it ride the Anti__Christ till it is burnt and taken to shinar from where it came. There is a use for it but then it will come to its end! Why?

SimpleFaith

Sep 7, 2015
heretoeternity said:
The Roman system of religion that controls the "christian" churches on the planet are mentioned in Revelation 17 and 18...it is based on the Babylonian system of sungod worship...that is why the Roman church today uses the round wafers, statues, and the halo of the sun in all it's pictures, and that is why the early pope/emperor of Rome Constantine decided by papal decree to make the holy day of worship the first day of the week or the day they call sunday....he forbid anyone from worshipping and following the true Biblical Sabbath day as commanded by God..Genesis 2 and Exodus 20.....
The Roman system of false religion is called a harlot in Revelation 17 and the protestant churches who follow the Roman system (basically all them) are "daughters of the harlot"..and God deals very harshly with them..read it for yourself!
This is not meant to offend, if it does then I apologize.
I have read it for myself. The conclusions that you came to are not like mine. The early church of the new testament, before Catholics came to power, taught and practiced church attendance on the first day of the week. So your statements against 'the Roman system' which is presumably talking about the Catholics, would include them. It was the Roman system who gave the first day of the week the name of 'Sunday'. There is only a pagan anathema in that if people think that there is. And usually, only if someone makes it spooky in order to subtly influence the listener to accept what they say.
In my experience, the day of Sunday is either associated as simply a day of the week of no particular association with pagan history.. or, it's associated with a day in which Christians go to church. My experience is worship of God in protestant fashion without all of the Catholic trappings. The church attendance is not because of Catholic decree, but because of the practice of the early church of the New Testament.
It happened to be the day in which Jesus arose from the dead. It makes theological sense that the day of Jesus resurrection would be the day in which believers would gather to celebrate him on that day. The apostles of the early church did not use any argument to teach against it. Therefore my reading for myself and the teaching of my pastor and other protestant ministers of the gospel states that any theology that does teach against it does not have any rightly discerned Biblical support for doing so.

Reactions: tom55

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
SimpleFaith said:
This is not meant to offend, if it does then I apologize.
I have read it for myself. The conclusions that you came to are not like mine. The early church of the new testament, before Catholics came to power, taught and practiced church attendance on the first day of the week. So your statements against 'the Roman system' which is presumably talking about the Catholics, would include them. It was the Roman system who gave the first day of the week the name of 'Sunday'. There is only a pagan anathema in that if people think that there is. And usually, only if someone makes it spooky in order to subtly influence the listener to accept what they say.
In my experience, the day of Sunday is either associated as simply a day of the week of no particular association with pagan history.. or, it's associated with a day in which Christians go to church. My experience is worship of God in protestant fashion without all of the Catholic trappings. The church attendance is not because of Catholic decree, but because of the practice of the early church of the New Testament.
It happened to be the day in which Jesus arose from the dead. It makes theological sense that the day of Jesus resurrection would be the day in which believers would gather to celebrate him on that day. The apostles of the early church did not use any argument to teach against it. Therefore my reading for myself and the teaching of my pastor and other protestant ministers of the gospel states that any theology that does teach against it does not have any rightly discerned Biblical support for doing so.

The seventh day sabbath day was observed by ALL Christians.... In 323 AD Roman church pope/emperor Constantine decreed the official day of worship would be sunday, the first day of the week....and pagan Rome, and its protestant daughters have been following this false doctrine ever since....Thank God, there are a large number of true Christians that are true to God, and His Holy word, and keep His Holy seventh day Sabbath, just as Jesus did, and the Apostles throughout their ministries and their lives....Genesis 2, Exodus 20, Acts 13-20.....
You statement about early Christians prior to pagan Roman church keeping another day is false, they kept the seventh day Sabbath as God commnanded...
You should also know, that just because the majority do something, does not make it right. Read what God wants us to do...that is what counts..
Remember Salvation is through the Son of God, God's grace and comnmandments and NOT the sungod/satan and his doctrines and days of sunday, dec 25th and easter, all of which are non Biblical and of pagan origin.

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 51:64
64 And thou shalt say, Thus shall Babylon sink, and shall not rise
from the evil that I will bring upon her: and they shall be weary.
Thus far are the words of Jeremiah.

Old natural Babylon is done.

Eoreris

Jun 22, 2016
End time Babylon will break up into 3 parts.. A city in land cannot break up into 3 parts. Therefore this city will be an (Island) city of rock surrounded by water.. compact .. and will have (2) earthquake fault lines across it to break it up. Many many ships of trade shall be coming into it (as usual) when they see it happen. They will stop and know that the World's economy is (over) .. So- this does not fit Rome or some historic dig in the middle of the desert in Iraq.

Rev 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

I don’t claim to have all the answers, but I do know Rev18:24 tells us Babylon contains the blood of all that were slain upon the earth. For that to be true then Babylon can not be constrained by time or location. There is no literal city that is not constrained by time or location. How can any literal city contain the blood of those slain before it existed? How can any literal city contain the blood of all those slain after it ceased to exist? How can any literal city contain the blood of some one slain half way around the world from that city's location. To the best of my knowledge there is not a single city that existed when Abel was murdered that still exists today. As for as that goes I don’t know if a city or cities existed when Abel was slain. Rev18:24 eliminates any possibility of Babylon being a literal city(from the past, present or future). So if Babylon is not a literal city than Babylon (as Scripture describes it) must be a figurative representation of something else.

Like I said I don’t claim to have all the answers but I do know for Rev18:24 to be true, Babylon existed when Abel was slain by Cain, still exists today and will continue to exist until the last person to be slain upon this earth is slain (some where in the future). Babylon truly is a mystery! Who knows, maybe Babylon is some sort of system encompassing greed, jealousy, false religions etc.. etc… Maybe that system includes all the things that drive people to kill another person. Am I right? I don’t know, but I do believe we can rule out any literal city.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Ridgerunner, I think you're taking Rev. 18:24 out of context. As Revelations is a prophetic book and speaks mostly on events within Daniel's yet unfulfilled 70th week (aka the tribulation period although that's a misnomer) I believe this verse should also be read within the context of the 70th week, NOT all those who were slain since the beginning of time.

Eoreris

Jun 22, 2016
Rev18:24 tells us Babylon contains the blood of all that were slain upon the earth.

Right, Plus it says- And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Only Jerusalem can contain blood of prophets as it is the only city they are rejected and killed in. How this city (Mystery babylon) contains all the blood of prophets and of all slain on earth is because it is a city that is reincarnated for the very last days containing all races - thus it's past lives are included into it's (last life) - the mystery end time city. It (Mystery babylon) also is (yes) spiritually is called Jerusalem the holy city. In it's past life a king Nebuchadnezzar killed prophets and saints of God as Israel (Jerusalem) was taken captive along with all the temple objects- Thus Jerusalem (The holy city) was taken into his rule.. He set up a statue image and any jew that did not bow to it were killed. When it says (All that were slain upon earth) it means - And of all the races of earth slain are found in her . Found (Spiritually) The end time Mystery Babylon will not persecute Christians or prophets like it sounds,, It is speaking of it's past life. The end time mystery babylon will go out just like it already s now.. with (stupid) leaders that have no clue.. Mixed races that cannot cling together (Iron not mixed with clay) The 2 witnesses are the (Stone) cut without hands that come and strike it on it's foundation.. When it's foundation fails... The whole nation will fall. Every city will be a burn it down riot.

Trekson said:
“Hi Ridgerunner, I think you're taking Rev. 18:24 out of context. As Revelations is a prophetic book and speaks mostly on events within Daniel's yet unfulfilled 70th week (aka the tribulation period although that's a misnomer) I believe this verse should also be read within the context of the 70th week, NOT all those who were slain since the beginning of time.”
My Reply:
The book of Revelation itself says it is about past, present and future.
Rev 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
“Hast seen = past, things which are = present (for John's time), shall be hereafter = future from the time John wrote it. Considering John wrote this roughly 1900 years ago it is quite possible some of the events described could have been future to John but still be past to us. So while much of Revelation does talk
about events in what is commonly called Daniels 70th week we can’t automatically put the whole book of Revelation in the context of the 70th week (as it is commonly referred to). Nothing in the context suggests that this verse is only talking about those slain in the 70th week. If it was only talking about those slain in the 70th week, the verse would have to be rewritten and the words “of all” changed to - part of those. In addition if it is only referring to those in 70th week and the 70th week is future then how does she contain the blood of the prophets? Weren’t most of the prophets that were slain, slain in Jerusalem 1900+ years ago?

Eoreris said:

“Right, Plus it says- And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Only Jerusalem can contain blood of prophets as it is the only city they are rejected and killed in. How this city (Mystery babylon) contains all the blood of prophets and of all slain on earth is because it is a city that is reincarnated for the very last days containing all races - thus it's past lives are included into it's (last life) - the mystery end time city. It (Mystery babylon) also is (yes) spiritually is called Jerusalem the holy city. In it's past life a king Nebuchadnezzar killed prophets and saints of God as Israel (Jerusalem) was taken captive along with all the temple objects- Thus Jerusalem (The holy city) was taken into his rule.. He set up a statue image and any jew that did not bow to it were killed. When it says (All that were slain upon earth) it means - And of all the races of earth slain are found in her . Found (Spiritually) The end time Mystery Babylon will not persecute Christians or prophets like it sounds,, It is speaking of it's past life. The end time mystery babylon will go out just like it already s now.. with (stupid) leaders that have no clue.. Mixed races that cannot cling together (Iron not mixed with clay) The 2 witnesses are the (Stone) cut without hands that come and strike it on it's foundation.. When it's foundation fails... The whole nation will fall. Every city will be a burn it down riot. ”
My reply:
While it is true Jerusalem does contain the blood of the prophets, it does not contain the blood of all that were slain upon the earth. While all includes the prophets slain in Jerusalem it also includes everyone from Abel into the future when the last person to be slain is murdered. So once again I must point out that for Babylon to contain the blood of all slain upon the earth she can not be constrained by time or location. There is not a city on this earth that meets the Scriptural requirements of Rev18:24. Therefore Babylon must be a figurative representation of something that has existed from the time Cain murdered Abel on into our future when the last person to be slain upon this earth is slain. The verse says “and of all that were slain upon the earth.” but you say it means “And of all the races of earth slain are found in her “. If it meant what you say then why wasn’t it written that way? What Scriptural justification do you have to say that “spiritually” the words mean something different than exactly what they say?

You said “ The 2 witnesses are the (Stone) cut without hands” Doesn’t Scripture tell us that olive trees are Jews and Gentiles (see Rom:11)? Doesn’t Scripture tell us that candlesticks are churches (see Rev:1)? How do the two olive trees (Jews and Gentiles) and the two candlesticks(two churches) equal “the (Stone) cut without hands”?

Eoreris

Jun 22, 2016
When Jesus looked around at all the buildings in Jerusalem and told his disciples - You see this ? not one stone shall be left on top of another- And he told them all the other things of the actual end... Then he said this one thing as he looked around ( "This generation shall not pass until all these things be fulfilled" ) With that you can only conclude that everyone alive in the flesh at (His time) 2000 years ago will be born as humans again and be living at the (very end) - Coming from one (Jesus) who is the Lamb (slain before the World was even founded) then the only logical solution is that (Anything can be happening) If Jesus was crucified before the World was founded then he was crucified before our knowledge of time just 2000 years ago. Being this is said in scripture then it is (anything goes) It may be that every single person that has drawn breath on Earth at (One time) was born and lived in this city (Babylon-Jerusalem) and died the same. We are involved with a God that has no beginning... He may actually recycle humans over and over to get a result he wants.. Like a clay potter cuts off clay mud to form a pot on the spinner.. He may pick up some of the fallen clay off the floor and pat it back into the pot.. mix and water it again.. This may happen over and over until the clay pot is finished - put in the fire kill- cooled - varnished and then set on one of his quad ka zillon billions of tables somewhere in eternity for him to drink out of when he shows up. --- All that were slain were found in her is no problem now.... It is appointed that a man must die (Once) (But) It could be that a person must die at (Least) once .. But could be born again as a baby to adult many times for that persons soul to get many chances to be harvested at the end.. Lazarus obviously died and was raised,, and was given a 2nd chance after dieing from something.. There you go..