Let's Start A Movement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bronzesnake said:
Hello brother.
I'm not clear on what your point is.
Are you saying that it's ok to be disrespectful with people who are annoying, or people with false doctrine?

I can have a discussion with either of those types of people, and I don't have to get aggressive, or abusive, or disrespectful.
When we start attacking each other we are doing the enemies work for him.

I'm going to do my best to behave as though Jesus was watching...which by the way, He is.

Take care brother.

John
Amen....the goal is laudable and of course follows the scriptural admonitions. Sadly I fail to fully fallow scripture on many occasions. The human condition I guess. :wacko:
BTW, you can be angry, and not sin. Eph 4:26

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Wait wait wait...waaiiit

admonitions = warning; reproof, reproval

laudable = worth of praise

Ok you can continue now

(phew)

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
I once started a thread about how the righteous men of God in the Bible were not "nice". Somehow I think it would be wasted here. It's actually kinda cute, the way immaturity can sometimes be seen as cute. I used to do that too, starting butt hurt threads whenever I got my feelings hurt. Finally I had enough people seize upon my immaturity and tell me to grow up and quit whining that I never did it again.

But boy threads like these bring back memories.....
thinking-026.gif

Bronzesnake

Jul 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Vale, you couldn't be more wrong about my intentions in starting this thread.

I am not "hurt" by anyone's posts. I am not incapable of being rude, smart assed, ignorant, inconsiderate etc.
I'm sorry if someone hurt your feelings and turned you into a bitter, angry young man.
The odd thing is, why do you feel you have to interject your painful experiences here?

If I see a thread, for example, where someone wants to start a movement to be arrogant, rude, ignorant and aggressive, because they felt like it wasn't fair that their precious feelings were hurt, and they wanted to get some payback by gathering up like minded wounded lonely hearts - I would simply not post there.

Vale, why do you keep posting here, if you do not want to join with those of us who actually want to be the kind of people that Jesus Himself, tells us we should be?

If you truly believe being an angry, self righteous, young man is what Jesus truly wants, then go start a thread and see how many people want any part of it.

Your theory is that people will learn better if you are ignorant, rude and quick tempered.
That's like trying to teach your son/daughter how to drive by sitting beside them and freeking out at every single beginner's mistake they make.
That never works Vale.
If you want anyone to take you seriously, then you have to be respectful, and patient.

I have to wonder what your agenda truly is Vale.
Exactly what is your mission in continuing to post here?
If you believe I'm suddenly going to see the error of my ways, and listen to anything you have to say, then I can tell you it's a huge waste of time.

Try to remember Vale - no one is forcing you to join, or even agree. If you don't like the idea of being a calm, reasonable Christian, then start your own thread and see how many think the way you do.

John
I once started a thread about how the righteous men of God in the Bible were not "nice". Somehow I think it would be wasted here. It's actually kinda cute, the way immaturity can sometimes be seen as cute. I used to do that too, starting "butt hurt" threads whenever I got my feelings hurt. Finally I had enough people seize upon my immaturity and tell me to grow up and quit whining that I never did it again.

But boy threads like these bring back memories.....
thinking-026.gif
Also, if your butt hurts, you should see a doctor, instead of posting about it. Just sayin.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Bronzesnake said:
Also, if your butt hurts, you should see a doctor, instead of posting about it. Just sayin.
Funny, cuz my son just came down and said my other son was "butt hurt" because he wouldn't help him move tomorrow. My how sayings change.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Bronzesnake said:
Hello brother.
I'm not clear on what your point is.
Are you saying that it's ok to be disrespectful with people who are annoying, or people with false doctrine? I can have a discussion with either of those types of people, and I don't have to get aggressive, or abusive, or disrespectful. When we start attacking each other we are doing the enemies work for him. I'm going to do my best to behave as though Jesus was watching...which by the way, He is.

Take care brother.

John
No not at all, neither / none on the underlined. We just need to look at / follow the footsteps on how God / Jesus spoke to the devil and the fallen angels. He gave the devil the time of day in the wilderness. He never spoke disrespectful. He let the devil have his say. He honored the request of the fallen angels to be cast into pigs. All I am saying is that on the internet we can be forgiven for getting annoyed. The internet is a preachers platform. What angers God, should anger us and that is best described in Matt 18:6 If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Now if we see a fellow child of God doing such, tough love should kick in Prov 27:6.

Bronzesnake

Jul 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
The internet is a preachers platform. What angers God, should anger us and that is best described in Matt 18:6 If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

Now if we see a fellow child of God doing such, tough love should kick in Prov 27:6.
Are we so weak minded that we are unable to admonish with respect?
I'm amazed that Christians are having such difficulty with this.

If I read something which is not Biblical, then I simply point out the specific problem, then I make my case using as much scripture as I need to corroborate my position.
I do not have to become belligerent, or ignorant. I am a mature, respectful Christian.

Does anyone actually believe others are going to learn anything, or perhaps even become saved, when the person attempting to correct them is being aggressive?
The only thing you'll end up doing is causing that person to dig in his/her heels, and become ever more entrenched in their position, weather you are correct or not.

I've been debating, and discussing on forums for over twenty years. In all that time I have never, not once, seen anyone leave the forum because people are being to respectful. I have seen hoards of people leaving because Christians think they no it-all, are condescending, and rude.

When Jesus commands us to go out and spread the good news, in order to win over souls to Him - I very much doubt He meant for us to be conceited and rude.

In any case, I started this thread to reach out to like minded Christians, so that "they will know we are Christians by our love"

I am not going to change my position. So, instead of trying to make me in your image, why not just start your own thread, and together, you can hammer your Bibles on the heads of the unclean masses?

John

Dan57 said:
Screw that..........just kidding.. Doesn't sound like much fun, but I suppose Christians should hold to a proper protocol. I tend to get along until a Christian denies the bible, even Jesus didn't afford the Pharisees much dignity when they did that. But there will always be different interpretations of what means what, and that's where respect becomes a necessity. Problem is, if I agreed with others, we'd both be wrong :)
Hey Dan. We do not have to agree with anyone who is against the Truth. But, if we ever expect to win over those people, the last thing we should be doing is showing ourselves to be bullies, or arrogant. That chases people away, or, caused them to respond in kind.

John

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
StanJ said:
Funny, cuz my son just came down and said my other son was "butt hurt" because he wouldn't help him move tomorrow. My how sayings change.
LoL my 19 year old comes out with some crazy stuff, "Butt hurt" is one of them. he will tell what he did yesterday at one of his church outings for youths and then say, "and man I woke up this morning feeling so butt hurt"

I say to him, "mate I hope ya mean you got your bum kicked",

and he'll go "Yeah, well what else do you think I mean?"

"Nothing Son, make sure you tell everyone today how 'butt hurt' you are"

Bronzesnake

Jul 31, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Madad21 said:
LoL my 19 year old comes out with some crazy stuff, "Butt hurt" is one of them. he will tell what he did yesterday at one of his church outings for youths and then say, "and man I woke up this morning feeling so butt hurt"

I say to him, "mate I hope ya mean you got your bum kicked",

and he'll go "Yeah, well what else do you think I mean?"

"Nothing Son, make sure you tell everyone today how 'butt hurt' you are"
LOL!
Well it appears that our brother Vale, may be younger than I suspected!

John

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Bronzesnake said:
1. When Jesus commands us to go out and spread the good news, in order to win over souls to Him - I very much doubt He meant for us to be conceited and rude.

2. In any case, I started this thread to reach out to like minded Christians, so that "they will know we are Christians by our love"

3. I am not going to change my position. So, instead of trying to make me in your image, why not just start your own thread, and together, you can hammer your Bibles on the heads of the unclean masses?
1. A Christian site has Christians. So some correcting and rebuke will and needs to take place there / here.
2. Again, a Christian site has Christians. So some correcting and rebuke will and needs to take place there / here.
3. Again, a Christian site has Christians. So some correcting and rebuke will and needs to take place there / here.

You are not reading properly. You are not discerning between saved, unsaved and false teachers. We do not rebuke and correct the unsaved.

Christians LOVE rebuke and correction. Christians follow Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Sweet talking all the time is what I want from a girlfriend / expect from the devil.

However before you misread me again....I am not suggesting we talk disrespectful.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
KingJ said:
1. A Christian site has Christians. So some correcting and rebuke will and needs to take place there / here.
2. Again, a Christian site has Christians. So some correcting and rebuke will and needs to take place there / here.
3. Again, a Christian site has Christians. So some correcting and rebuke will and needs to take place there / here.

You are not reading properly. You are not discerning between saved, unsaved and false teachers. We do not rebuke and correct the unsaved.

Christians LOVE rebuke and correction. Christians follow Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Sweet talking all the time is what I want from a girlfriend / expect from the devil.

However before you misread me again....I am not suggesting we talk disrespectful.
Very well put.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
KingJ said:

Hi KingJ,

I think we've engaged on other forums?

I agree with your post quoted here, but what is your point? The OP was just trying to lighten the acrimony he's seen here, as have I. You seem to have been here long enough to know it exists as well, so you have no concerns about it?

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
StanJ said:
Hi KingJ,

I think we've engaged on other forums?

I agree with your post quoted here, but what is your point? The OP was just trying to lighten the acrimony he's seen here, as have I. You seem to have been here long enough to know it exists as well, so you have no concerns about it?
I was lead to the Lord by 'rude' and aggressive nuns. False teachers + people living in / with error + unsaved will always see any correction / rebuke / chastisement as rude, aggressive and legalistic.

It is also so easy to come across as rude, sarcastic, a know it all on the internet! I have been called such. When I love the Lord, I love my brothers and sisters and I only have good intentions. What person would frequent a Christian site, post much scripture, give detailed posts....if they hate God and fellow brethren?

There is simply a lack of proper discernment. A false teacher annoys me. A false teacher is a bad apple. If a Christian is being sarcastic and rude, they are going through a phase. We, who are mature must simply be patient.

If we can't get on with rude and sarcastic Christians...we have a problem with pride.

Example: How in the universe can any Christian be upset with someone who sarcastically / aggressively defends for example their support of living by the OT law? Their support of post trib rapture? I am encouraged by any Christian that wants to aggressively, rudely, sarcastically defend there belief in scripture. What gets to me is the opposite! When we want to make everyone liberal, wishy washy, Osteen like ^_^.

Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
StanJ said:
Hi KingJ,

1. I think we've engaged on other forums?
2. You seem to have been here long enough to know it exists as well, so you have no concerns about it?
1. Can't recall :).
2. I knew of some false teachers that were banned from another site and came here. That concerns me.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
KingJ said:
I was lead to the Lord by 'rude' and aggressive nuns. False teachers + people living in / with error + unsaved will always see any correction / rebuke / chastisement as rude, aggressive and legalistic.

It is also so easy to come across as rude, sarcastic, a know it all on the internet! I have been called such. When I love the Lord, I love my brothers and sisters and I only have good intentions. What person would frequent a Christian site, post much scripture, give detailed posts....if they hate God and fellow brethren?

There is simply a lack of proper discernment. A false teacher annoys me. A false teacher is a bad apple. If a Christian is being sarcastic and rude, they are going through a phase. We, who are mature must simply be patient.

If we can't get on with rude and sarcastic Christians...we have a problem with pride.

Example: How in the universe can any Christian be upset with someone who sarcastically / aggressively defends for example their support of living by the OT law? Their support of post trib rapture? I am encouraged by any Christian that wants to aggressively, rudely, sarcastically defend there belief in scripture. What gets to me is the opposite! When we want to make everyone liberal, wishy washy, Osteen like ^_^.

Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

1. Can't recall :).
2. I knew of some false teachers that were banned from another site and came here. That concerns me.
This just points out the reality of Is 55:10-11. We don't need to be perfect to spread the Good News.

Yes, when you read into someone's post, it can come across as sarcastic, however in some it is CLEARLY sarcastic and we all need to try and limit that.
Please note Col 4:6 in this regard. Also note 2 Tim 3:16. Sarcasm is NOT part of righteousness and should be dealt with accordingly by those who ARE mature in the Lord.

Yes, Paul is basically teaching live and let live, because we are all guided by the Holy Spirit.

False teachers run all over the place to where ever they can attract itchy ears. Thankfully they are more often than not found out and banned from most sites.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
I reckon there's just a lot of pent up type frustrations going on in our worlds that a wayward reply to a post can sometimes feel like being cut off on the motorway and then the dude ripping you the dirty bird like as if it was your fault!

You cant help but to pop a fuse from time to time

In my job people hate me for a living, and people can say the most unkind things, I get looked down on like Im rubbish and people talk to me like Im rubbish, but i have to keep being nice to them our I can kiss my job goodbye.

I sometimes wonder if that is how I need to treat my walk with Christ, being nice to people not in anyway to earn or keep my salvation, but as a result of my salvation and because my Boss is always watching. Jesus talks about treasures in heaven, this is where we look for promotion with God, "Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." (Matt 6:4)

But I dont want to preach what I have a hard time practicing, I'll admit there's about 3 or so people who frequent this forum who really rub me up the wrong way for various but the same reasons, I just wish sometimes I knew how to simply walk away without feeling like I need to justify myself somehow. Some people here can do that and I have to admire that sort of strength. and the thing is I dont think they lost the argument either, I know they walked away because the person simply wasnt worth the effort.

I reckon, pop your tops guys, but lets ultimately remember that we are brothers and lets forgive each other too, I would say that its all in the bounce back. Like me and my brothers back in the day, man they were a pain in the butt, but I love them all the same and we always made up sooner or later.

Much love to my forum bros!!!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Madad21 said:
I reckon, pop your tops guys, but lets ultimately remember that we are brothers and lets forgive each other too, I would say that its all in the bounce back. Like me and my brothers back in the day, man they were a pain in the butt, but I love them all the same and we always made up sooner or later.
Amen! The trick is just to be certain of who in fact is a brother or sister so we don't waste a selfless apology. Those who reject / run down scripture = reject and run down our God.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
KingJ said:
Amen! The trick is just to be certain of who in fact is a brother or sister so we don't waste a selfless apology. Those who reject / run down scripture = reject and run down our God.
When is it ever a waste bro?
Who you talk to is of no consequence you know this, they may not like to hear you, but I and others here certainly do and so do hundreds of guests who visit this site everyday looking for an answer you could be providing in a heated debate or argument.
Try not to get tangled up in the weeds brother, you da man!

HIGH FIVE!
giphy.gif