Letting Go & Letting God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“Letting Go & Letting God”
1 Peter 5:7
NIV- Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
NLT- Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

No matter how hard I try to submit and surrender myself to God each day, I find myself taking over shortly after and starting to worry about life all day long. Why do I find it so hard to let go and let God be in total control? So many days, I find myself worried and having concerns about so many things. I watch my wife and girls work through various things in their lives and I try to think about how I can be a better husband and father.

Aside from thinking about them, I often think of all the things I need to take care of and accomplish. While I’m only given one day at a time, I find myself worrying about things days ahead and even weeks or months.

When I get to the point where I can fully focus on God and all His provisions and remember that I need to just let go, I finally feel at peace. I come to a place where I realize I cannot control things and I cannot figure everything out. Why am I always trying to be in control of so much and figure things out?

Friends, do you find yourselves struggling with these things I struggle with daily? Are you finding yourselves filled with anxiety and stress and worry almost all day, every day? So many of us in various ways.

We must make it a point to go to God and submit and surrender to Him and allow Him lead us and take these burdens from us. It’s hard to let go and let God be in control because so often we feel we need to be in control. Cast all your anxiety on Him. Give all your worries to Him. I like both translations here and they are great at giving a different perspective on this passage.

Letting go and letting God is hard to do! It is not an easy task because we so often want to take care of things in our own way. We get overwhelmed and stressed and wonder why things aren’t better. God wants us to give these worries and concerns to Him as He promises to lead us and give us peace. He cares for us and wants the best for our lives.

We need to practice so much more of letting go and letting God!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
letting go and letting God!
No where in the bible does it say this.
Yes we are not to know endless at those things that worry us. Rather we are to tell God about our worries, to have a rational course of action and to tell God about it.
The real difficulty is to put our trust in God, that he will help us cope with those nagging worries and to actually work through them as they arise.