Lie of the 20th century in 'christian' cultism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The sabbath was created for us....not we for the Sabbath.

Mark 2:27 Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath. Following Christ is our Sabbath. (Sabbath means "stop!)

Most people work only 5 days a week in our time. No one is forced to work every day. And some of us are retired and don't work at all. That doesn't make us more holy...just more relaxed. :)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So Jesus is Lord of the Stop. Following Christ is our Stop. ("stop! means Sabbath)

To cease from our own works...yes. When we put on Christ we do His works...speaking His words. THAT is the purpose of the Sabbath. In the past it was to be practiced one day a week...now we have a perpetual walk in the Spirit that STOPS what the flesh is doing...to do the will of God...all the time.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
To cease from our own works...yes. When we put on Christ we do His works...speaking His words. THAT is the purpose of the Sabbath. In the past it was to be practiced one day a week...now we have a perpetual walk in the Spirit that STOPS what the flesh is doing...to do the will of God...all the time.
This is what you have just said? Doesn't sound like it to me!
What's walking in the Spirit? Stopping what the flesh is doing? So what or who is it that walks in the Spirit; walking a perpetual walk that STOPS what the flesh is doing? Dead men telling strange tales to the living? Like one spirit on here who had dreams and visions Jesus rose from the dead on Sabbath morning so he must keep the Sabbath?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is what you have just said? Doesn't sound like it to me!
What's walking in the Spirit? Stopping what the flesh is doing? So what or who is it that walks in the Spirit; walking a perpetual walk that STOPS what the flesh is doing? Dead men telling strange tales to the living? Like one spirit on here who had dreams and visions Jesus rose from the dead on Sabbath morning so he must keep the Sabbath?

We are to cease from the works of the flesh...which is sin.

Reactions: faithfulness

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Very noble indeed. I never knew '~In the past it was to be practiced one day a week~'; do you have Scripture for saying so? I have always believed to do the will of God all the time has always been God's will for man in whatever age he lived.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Very noble indeed. I never knew '~In the past it was to be practiced one day a week~'; do you have Scripture for saying so? I have always believed to do the will of God all the time has always been God's will for man in whatever age he lived.

When mankind was limited to the power of the flesh...God asked His people to try being holy one day a week...the 7th day..

We were to limit our fleshly works and words...and make a supreme effort to STOP sinning.

But we who have a new nature in Christ have put away the old man with his evil works. We have indeed STOPPED doing the things that are displeasing to God...and this all the time.

So the the 7th day Sabbath is for sinners. The total stop is for those who follow Christ ...He is the Lord of the Sabbath.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One of the best expressions I have ever read!
But are you sure mankind has since progressed one millimetre beyond the power of the flesh?!

Of course. We can walk in the power that raised Jesus from the dead. We can walk in the righteousness of a holy God. We are a new creation where ALL things are possible.

We can walk in the Spirit...

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Of course. We can walk in the power that raised Jesus from the dead. We can walk in the righteousness of a holy God. We are a new creation where ALL things are possible.

We can walk in the Spirit...

Now with that, do you say people of before could not nor did nor desired these same things? That no one of before we were able to, was able to?
I guess you’re right; which proves no one of us has been able to and must be liars to claim we have been able and have advanced thus far ahead of all old-timers.
'~We can walk in the Spirit...~' Wasn't the Spirit there before us?!

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now with that, do you say people of before could not nor did nor desired these same things? That no one of before we were able to, was able to?
I guess you’re right; which proves no one of us has been able to and must be liars to claim we have been able and have advanced thus far ahead of all old-timers.

Yes but we didn't have access to the new divine nature until Christ.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but we didn't have access to the new divine nature until Christ.
So more is available to us, but that does NOT put us ahead of anyone who came "before", does it?

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:" Acts 10:34

Reactions: Episkopos