Lie of the 20th century in 'christian' cultism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Spot on answer Helen. That is what I have been taught and is what makes sense...The Lord meant His message to be simple and His burdens light. May I send you a video in Mail? or can I post it? It is only about4 minutes long...it's about the Sabbath...

You can do either...post it here on this thread if it is on topic here.
Or send it to me in the INBOX.
Your call. :)

Reactions: Nancy

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We come at it differently.
I am satisfied that the NC teaches us that "in Christ" we have entered into the Sabbath rest, because we have ceased from our own works.
We keep the two royal laws Jesus left for us.

Now if the emphasis of the SDA was on the issues the Jesus left us with...love God and love your neighbour I would say good.
But to be obsessed with the Sabbath is 'to me' strange-fire and 'another god.
Because it has become the most important thing.

The Sabbath is for 24/7 not just one day.
I do not really care which day any of us worship on...because in God is outside of time...it is continual. I believe in the dispensations ...this is the crest of the seventh day
' A day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day.....'

But, each to his own...

We come at it differently, certainly we do. Like after God had created all things in the beginning, Scripture says He said, "Look! It is very good", but man and wife, Scripture says, protested, "but when the woman looked, (they) saw that the tree was good .. and pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise" ... JUST LIKE GOD SAW, it was 'good'! So what if "God said of the tree, Ye shall NOT eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye DIE!" God must be stupid, WE, would say, we can see with our own eyes!

So how can you be satisfied that the NC teaches us that "in Christ" we have entered into the Sabbath rest, while it actually says, "they did NOT enter"? How can you be satisfied that the NC teaches '~because we have ceased from our own works .. WE keep the two royal laws Jesus left for us~'? Since when have any man or woman accomplished, finished, "wrought all the works, of GOD"?

But I tell you no one ever has come near obedience to specifically and especially '~the two royal laws Jesus left for us~'. What arrogance you accuse believers in Jesus Christ of!

Now whether or what '~the emphasis of the SDA was on the issues .. Jesus left us with~', it's of NO consequence or concern! You may have an '~issue~' with them; but as far as it concerns me, I have none. On my books they are not even a zero. Got that? Then please get it!

It is not the one who takes God at his Written Word who is '~obsessed with the Sabbath~', but the one, as you said yourself above, for or to whom '~'it' - the Sabbath is the issue~' and here again, to whom ('~'to me' .. 'it' - the Sabbath is the issue .. is strange-fire and 'another god~' : BECAUSE to or for YOU, '~'it' - the Sabbath .. has become the most important thing~' to bring under suspicion, doubt discredit and denial because its LAW no less like '~the two royal laws Jesus left for us~' brings you as well as me, under suspicion and discredit and GUILT as were us everyone and all under the curse of the Law, were it not for the FREE GRACE OF GOD'S FORGIVENESS WITHOUT THE WORKS OF THE LAW.

So, to declare as were you God that '~The Sabbath is for 24/7 not just one day~' is utter and overboard obsessiveness with the Sabbath, and you may claim till you're blue in the face '~I do not really care which day any of us worship on...because~' you really DO! You do, excessively, continually, as obsessed with the '~Sabbath issue~' as Adam and Eve were in the previous dispensation with God's, to them, useless and senseless issue and obsessiveness detrimental to their own freedom of choice whether they could eat of the tree or not.

...this is the CRUX of Christianity's issue and obsessiveness with "the day The Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD" -- it is not the Sabbath of the "LORD, your, GOD"! It is not the Sabbath of the "LORD, your, GOD" whether 'A day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day' or not!

But, for will-worshippers it must needs be, LAW and an ISSUE of each to his own... must needs be LAW and an ISSUE, a heavy burden, difficult and impossible to bear.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Spot on answer Helen. That is what I have been taught and is what makes sense...The Lord meant His message to be simple and His burdens light. May I send you a video in Mail? or can I post it? It is only about4 minutes long...it's about the Sabbath...

The Lord meant His message to be simple and His burdens light. ... What message? Message that MUST be obeyed and be proclaimed? Which burdens? Burdens that MUST be taken up and be carried?

No doubt!

So, What's so heavy, so impossible about them?

What's more, like Simon of Cyrene carried Jesus' cross for Him, Jesus carried our cross for us; mine for me also.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am satisfied that the NC teaches us that "in Christ" we have entered into the Sabbath rest

I have never seen anything like this in the Scriptures. Am I blind, or do you have visions? I mean, "in Christ" means much more and much better than that 'we', have '~entered into the Sabbath rest~'. I mean, there's no such thing in all the New or Old Testament Scriptures as '~the Sabbath rest~'!

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never seen anything like this in the Scriptures. Am I blind, or do you have visions?

What does it mean that Jesus is our Sabbath rest?

Hebrews 4 speaks of Jesus as our Sabbath rest. Verses 9-10 in particular state, "So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his."

In the New Testament, Jesus declared Himself "lord of the Sabbath" (Matthew 12:8). He equated Himself with God the Father, becoming God in human form. In addition, Jesus declared, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" (Mark 2:27).

There are many more there for you to find if you seek the scriptures diligently...lot's of pearls of wisdom.

Reactions: Enoch111

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hebrews 4 speaks of Jesus as our Sabbath rest. Verses 9-10 in particular state, "So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his."

Hebrews 4: 8b-10 "If therefore Jesus had given them Rest ("The Rest-of-God" which is He, Jesus Christ) there THEREFORE keeping of the Sabbath-Rest-Day ("God thus concerning the Seventh Day spake") remains valid for the People of God: for / because, HE having entered and being entered into HIS OWN (Self-availed) Rest (which) HE HIMSELF as GOD, rested."

In this Scripture there is no word spoken of '~whoever~' who entered rest or who rested from his or their own works, other than God in Christ "Jesus", who "gave them .. the People of God", "His", Christ "Jesus' .. own Rest".

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@GerhardEbersoehn

I tried talking to you weeks ago, and gave up because of the attitude I saw that you used to others who tried discuss with you.

Im sorry that I tried it again, on this thread and the other one about types etc.
You speak down to people like are all idiots...it must be hard for you trying to communicate down to us from your such high level of spirituality....we have another person on this Site with that attitude too.

Bye.
Have a nice lift..I will no longer bother...

Reactions: Willie T

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@GerhardEbersoehn

I tried talking to you weeks ago, and gave up because of the attitude I saw that you used to others who tried discuss with you.

Im sorry that I tried it again, on this thread and the other one about types etc.
You speak down to people like are all idiots...it must be hard for you trying to communicate down to us from your such high level of spirituality....we have another person on this Site with that attitude too.

Bye.
Have a nice lift..I will no longer bother...

Thanks, taken note of and saved.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
the NC teaches us that "in Christ" we have entered into the Sabbath rest,

That's a lie and against what is Written.
Plus,

because we have ceased from our own works.

Plus,

We keep the two royal laws Jesus left for us.

That's the largest lie of all and against all that is Written!

Plus,
The Sabbath is for 24/7 not just one day.

That's another lie and against what is Written.
Plus,

I do not really care which day any of us worship on...

That's another lie and against what is Written: You do: you only go to church for SUNDAY mass: AGAINST the Scriptures!

God is outside of time...it is continual.

That's another lie and against the reality and Truth of God in Christ (who neither are an 'it') in time in the flesh.

the dispensations ...this is the crest of the seventh day

This is another lie because it has no logic no sense no reality no Scripture no Truth.

the issues the Jesus left us with

This is another lie: Jesus left us no issues; He left us his legacy, his acts, his teaching, and above all, the Scriptures and their fulfilment HAVING RAISED FROM THE DEAD ON THE SABBATH AND NOT ON SUNDAY THE LIE OF THE DEVIL AND HIS WORSHIPPERS.

But, each to his own...

Truth at last; keep your hands off the Sabbath of the Lord God!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Plus,

Plus,

Plus,

Plus,

That's another lie and against what is Written: You do: you only go to church for SUNDAY mass: AGAINST the Scriptures!

That's another lie and against the reality and Truth of God in Christ (who neither are an 'it') in time in the flesh.

This is another lie because it has no logic no sense no reality no Scripture no Truth.

This is another lie: Jesus left us no issues; He left us his legacy, his acts, his teaching, and above all, the Scriptures and their fulfilment HAVING RAISED FROM THE DEAD ON THE SABBATH AND NOT ON SUNDAY THE LIE OF THE DEVIL AND HIS WORSHIPPERS.

Hahaha!
It looks like you enjoyed writing that post.
You must be scraping the very bottom of the barrel there. :D

You are missing so much.
Legalism never wins the day...you’ll see....

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hahaha!
It looks like you enjoyed writing that post.
You must be scraping the very bottom of the barrel there. :D

You are missing so much.
Legalism never wins the day...you’ll see....

I do not miss a thing. I SEE, NO CHRISTIAN HONESTY OR COURAGE TO FACE the beast, the dragon, the FALSE PROPHET, the antichrist, the devil; in a word, I don't find CHRISTIANS with the guts to face CHRISTIANITY'S HYPOCRISY!

You will see the DAY and who wins it in the Last Day...it will be THE JUDGE who shall JUDGE. And that only Judge already judged, that you and I shall be judged and already are judged by NONE OTHER THAN THE FATHER AND THE SON. John 8:16. "In the Last DAY That Day Great Day of FEAST" OF JUDGEMENT OF THE LORD, there shall be gnashing of teeth ... of puny man against the LORD and it shall be revealed just how the lawless HATED Him--GOD!
Hated Him -- Why? "He that rejecteth Me .. hath one that judgeth him : THE WORD THAT I HAVE SPOKEN..." They hated and rejected Jesus because all SCRIPTURE is the WORD which JESUS had spoken, and which the Father had spoken, yea, which "GOD SPAKE", and THUS concerning the Seventh Day spake, that GOD --God in Christ-- the DAY The Seventh Day --Sabbath of the LORD GOD-- RESTED." That is why CHRISTIANITY AND CHRISTIANS reject and hate Jesus and love Him as much or as little as the devil himself : because they SEE Jesus the Christ of God is the Fullness of The Fulfilment of the Scriptures-WORD OF GOD.

Accuse GOD, of '~legalism~' therefore then! Accuse God IN CHRIST, of '~legalism~'! And let us see who is HE who "shall stand in the Last Day"-- HE who "THUS .. in these last days SPAKE .. BY THE SON", or he or she who in these last days still has the audacity to laugh, '~Hahaha!~'
We'll see Who, will win the day....

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plus,

Plus,

Plus,

Plus,

You are severely out of control. If you think you know everything, it is doubtful that you know anything. 1 Cor 8:2

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are severely out of control. If you think you know everything, it is doubtful that you know anything. 1 Cor 8:2

What I say, proven truth again! "We know that we all have knowledge" of what Paul here speaks "as touching things offered unto idols", like the sun-wafer offered to some bleeding eye socketed carcass in some glass sarcophagus in Sun-Day-worshippers' temples and cathedrals.

But what tickles me most, Is how you corrupt the Scriptures EVEN HERE, where you blatantly fearless and remorseless LIE that Paul wrote what YOU wrote, and turn what he did write, 180 degrees about! YOU: '~If you think you know everything, it is doubtful that you know anything.~' Paul: "If any man think that he knoweth anything (however little), he knoweth nothing as yet he OUGHT to know" about the GROSSNESS "as touching things offered to idols".

I cannot be thankful enough that I in fact KNOW NOTHING "as touching things offered to idols": I believe "the day The Seventh Day Sabbath : OF THE LORD GOD".

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I say, proven truth again! "We know that we all have knowledge" of what Paul here speaks "as touching things offered unto idols", like the sun-wafer offered to some bleeding eye socketed carcass in some glass sarcophagus in Sun-Day-worshippers' temples and cathedrals.

But what tickles me most, Is how you corrupt the Scriptures EVEN HERE, where you blatantly fearless and remorseless LIE that Paul wrote what YOU wrote, and turn what he did write, 180 degrees about! YOU: '~If you think you know everything, it is doubtful that you know anything.~' Paul: "If any man think that he knoweth anything (however little), he knoweth nothing as yet he OUGHT to know" about the GROSSNESS "as touching things offered to idols".

I cannot be thankful enough that I in fact KNOW NOTHING "as touching things offered to idols": I believe "the day The Seventh Day Sabbath : OF THE LORD GOD".

There are many believers here who are not Sabbath worshipers.