Life changing properties….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6:6 (NASB20)
knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It being a fact that one’s behavior will follow what one believes… Therefore does scripture put forth a ‘knowing this’, for if one does not know and understand what this ‘knowing this’ is pointing to, then all that follows will be words on a page with no real life changing effect in them…

For the salvation that is found in Christ has life changing properties, for this is why Christ died, so one might walk in newness of life…

This newness is a free gift to all that would be willing to have it… But this newness can not be experienced until the old is made powerless over one… All the old cravings of sin are part of the body of sin that one still carries around with them until their departure into eternity…

But the salvation offered in Christ separates one from their body of sin, thereby bringing the power of the body of sin to nullification… It remains as it was, still longing to sin, but the believer has been separated from it by their being joined together with Christ in His death… This is where the ‘knowing this’ comes in… For until one knows and sees that this is in fact the truth, one will flounder and be unsure, doubt, have no peace and not be able to rest in the power of the Spirit of Life that is God’s gift to man…

For until one sees that by only their death can they be freed from all that would cause them to sin, self-will, will try to free itself from its bondage to its body of sin…

This is God’s great endeavor in the life of man, bringing one to the understanding that only through their death can a new life grow.. Being made ready to see, understand and acknowledge this truth is the struggle of life… But once this truth is seen and understood, it is seen, that seeing and understanding this truth, is just the first step towards walking in newness of life… Now comes the reckoning and the actual walking in this truth by faith… For this truth does need to be walked in to have this truth be of effect in one’s life…

But when it is, it will have the desired effect of making one free from sin, the result being, one walking in newness of life….

Unto Him be our all, Not me

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.

When my faith grew and my mind was renewed, I was overcoming all this sin until the besetting sins that used to trip me up lost their hold.

But it wasn't just me. It was Christ in me overcoming it in me.

The old self really is dead. Jesus really does give the power to overcome. We just have to believe it, by faith casting down every thought and imagination contrary to God's Ways.

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.

When my faith grew and my mind was renewed, I was overcoming all this sin until the besetting sins that used to trip me up lost their hold.

But it wasn't just me. It was Christ in me overcoming it in me.

The old self really is dead. Jesus really does give the power to overcome. We just have to believe it, by faith casting down every thought and imagination contrary to God's Ways.

Be so blessed in the truths He’s revealing to your innermost being..

That each and day we might grow closer to Him…

A fellow follower, Not me

Reactions: Wynona