• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
THE DARK ROOM

Ever since I was a fairly new Christian I have had meaningful dreams which I believe are from God who is teaching me life-lessons while I sleep. This was a fairly recent one.

I inadvertently walked into a large room which was all black with just a bit of red decoration on the bedding of the very large bed. I seemed to know it was Satan’s room. There were three men in the room and as soon as I entered they got up and went to stand in front of the three exits from the room.

I didn’t feel particularly threatened at that time but I knew they were guarding the doors and that they didn’t want me to leave.

That was it basically but I always know when a dream is a ‘God dream’ because I remember the details of it. The following morning I prayed and I asked God to show me what the dream meant and later as I was praying again he gave me the answer.

He showed me that when people are in a dark place through things like fear, worry or depression, it would be so simple to lie down on that comfy bed and stay there; to accept the situation, basically, and become ‘comfortable’ with it.

He showed me that our reaction to the ‘dark rooms’ in our lives should be to march boldly, deliberately and confidently to the windows and pull back the heavy black curtains and let the light shine in. The light that is the Light of the World – Jesus – will always light up the darkest place if we choose to let him. He further showed me that unforgiveness is a real issue for some people and it can cause darkness in their lives and bring about such things as depression.

One way to let the light in is to forgive; to take away the enemy’s power and often when we forgive it will initially be through gritted teeth. But the first step is knowing that it is God’s will for us, then we will need to ask his help and begin to say the words out loud to ourselves, “I forgive them, I forgive them” even if at first we don’t mean it. By continuing to speak forgiveness we then begin to mean it and eventually to feel it and at last we will be able to forget it. For some this may be a long process, but we must persevere so that our Father may forgive us.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good stuff!

By continuing to speak forgiveness we then begin to mean it and eventually to feel it and at last we will be able to forget it. For some this may be a long process, but we must persevere so that our Father may forgive us.
And this is confirmed in Matt 6:14-15.

Reactions: Mayflower and Pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE DARK ROOM

Ever since I was a fairly new Christian I have had meaningful dreams which I believe are from God who is teaching me life-lessons while I sleep. This was a fairly recent one.

I inadvertently walked into a large room which was all black with just a bit of red decoration on the bedding of the very large bed. I seemed to know it was Satan’s room. There were three men in the room and as soon as I entered they got up and went to stand in front of the three exits from the room.

I didn’t feel particularly threatened at that time but I knew they were guarding the doors and that they didn’t want me to leave.

That was it basically but I always know when a dream is a ‘God dream’ because I remember the details of it. The following morning I prayed and I asked God to show me what the dream meant and later as I was praying again he gave me the answer.

He showed me that when people are in a dark place through things like fear, worry or depression, it would be so simple to lie down on that comfy bed and stay there; to accept the situation, basically, and become ‘comfortable’ with it.

He showed me that our reaction to the ‘dark rooms’ in our lives should be to march boldly, deliberately and confidently to the windows and pull back the heavy black curtains and let the light shine in. The light that is the Light of the World – Jesus – will always light up the darkest place if we choose to let him. He further showed me that unforgiveness is a real issue for some people and it can cause darkness in their lives and bring about such things as depression.

One way to let the light in is to forgive; to take away the enemy’s power and often when we forgive it will initially be through gritted teeth. But the first step is knowing that it is God’s will for us, then we will need to ask his help and begin to say the words out loud to ourselves, “I forgive them, I forgive them” even if at first we don’t mean it. By continuing to speak forgiveness we then begin to mean it and eventually to feel it and at last we will be able to forget it. For some this may be a long process, but we must persevere so that our Father may forgive us.

"He showed me that when people are in a dark place through things like fear, worry or depression, it would be so simple to lie down on that comfy bed and stay there; to accept the situation, basically, and become ‘comfortable’ with it." <That can be a dangerous place to allow ourselves to be.

"He showed me that our reaction to the ‘dark rooms’ in our lives should be to march boldly, deliberately and confidently to the windows and pull back the heavy black curtains and let the light shine in. The light that is the Light of the World – Jesus – will always light up the darkest place if we choose to let him."

The bold: In my own case Pat, it was a certain force that made me leave the room I was in and had experienced that, well I guess you could say "attack" within my mind. I was low to begin with and knew where it could take me. God swooped me up so fast the last time I felt the evil one creeping into my thoughts ,that I could not get to that door fast enough! :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
THE RATS another God dream

A few years ago my friend told me about seeing a rat in her garden. I thought it was more than a co-incidence as the night before I had dreamed of two horrible rats. They were in a large warehouse and I was disgusted by them. As time went on though, they came nearer and I became more tolerant of them till in the end they were right beside me and had turned into pet rats.

Most of us have seen a rat; and I don’t mean the fancy ones that you can buy in pet shops and which make lovely pets, but the ugly wild ones that are quite scary and disease ridden. My friend saw one in her garden recently and was appalled by it; to think that such a horrid creature was at large so near her home. She was no longer able to enjoy spending time in her garden admiring her flowers and tending her plants. For a number of days she and her husband attempted different ways to get rid of their unwanted visitor but in the end they had to resort to calling the expert rat-catcher from the local council.

She went on to tell me about how God used this experience to illustrate how ‘rats’ can rob us of our joy; how they can infiltrate the lovely gardens of our lives and undermine us. These spiritual ‘rats’ include things like anger, fear or resentment; and you can all probably think of many more. If not dealt with they will destroy our peace and damage our relationship with God. And it is pointless to try to deal with these issues on our own. Just like my friend we need to go to the expert to help us get rid of these obnoxious ‘rats’ from our lives and we Christians know that the expert to call upon is the Holy Spirit. When we call out to him, he will come in and remove these pests from our lives so that once more we can enjoy our ‘gardens’.

Thinking about this dream I realised that it went together with my friend’s word from God and that God was showing me that we can, often inadvertently, allow the ‘rats’ to take up residence in our lives; to become ‘domesticated’. I asked him to show me the domesticated ‘rats’ in my life; insecurity was one; so much part of me that I didn’t consider it to be a problem any longer.

Different people will have different ‘rats’ – intolerance or unforgiveness; negative or critical attitudes; complacency, addictions, low self esteem to name but a few. We all must have them, these ‘rats’ which are so much part of our lives that we don’t consider them to be harmful. We are pretty good at recognising the ‘wild’ ones but we need to identify the domesticated ones as well and allow the heavenly rat-catcher to destroy them and set us free of those ‘pet’ rats that eat us away from the inside.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is definitely God speaking, because the lessons pierce right through me. Thanks so much for sharing Pearl.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is definitely God speaking, because the lessons pierce right through me. Thanks so much for sharing Pearl.
Hi Mayflower, your comment has encouraged me. I have quite a few and intend to share more.

Reactions: Mayflower

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
GETTING LOST

This was another dream and was quite scary. In it I had gone to a large shopping and leisure complex with my husband and adult daughter. We decide to split up to do our own errands and meet up again later. When the pre-arranged time came for us to meet I found I was completely lost and couldn’t find my way to the appointed meeting place. I walked and walked for what seemed hours all over the complex, inside and out, looking for my daughter in her red coat. But every other person seemed to be wearing a red coat and I started to get anxious. Finally as I really began to panic I remembered I had my mobile phone in my pocket and was able to call her. What a relief. We were all reunited within minutes.

This dream taught me that God is only a prayer away at any given time and all we need to do when we are lost or hurt or afraid or anxious or trouble in any way is to call him and he will always respond to our cries for help. I have had many occasion to remember this life lesson and make that call to Father.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if you deal with anxiety at all, but these just about make me cry. I feel this way a lot. God is so good to always be a knee mail or call away...

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if you deal with anxiety at all, but these just about make me cry. I feel this way a lot. God is so good to always be a knee mail or call away...
I did used to suffer with anxiety before I became a Christian and used to take medication for it but since I was born-again I have not needed to. The messages in these dreams are for me but also for others too as they illustrate simple truths that we can easily forget. Now when I start to get anxious I remember that dream and call on God straight away.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I did used to suffer with anxiety before I became a Christian and used to take medication for it but since I was born-again I have not needed to. The messages in these dreams are for me but also for others too as they illustrate simple truths that we can easily forget.
Saving faith does indeed often give confidence and equilibrium. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have That saving grace of Christ. I do struggle with anxiety though.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wall bars

I think this was the first God dream I had after becoming a Christian as an adult.

I was in my school gym with wall bars and I had climbed to the top of the bars on one side and wanted to get across to the other side. I just lifted off like a bird and floated across the room landing gently on the opposite side. I carried on doing this for a number of times but then became aware of my ‘self’ and that I couldn’t fly. Then I realised that if I was brave and lifted off in faith God was carrying me so that I felt like I flying or floating but when I became self conscious and looking only at my limitations I was doomed to fall.

Swimming pool

This had a similar message to the wall bars dream but I was in a swimming pool which was softly lit and filled with lovely warm water. I was enjoying swimming lengths until I remembered that I could not swim. I started to panic and sink but then felt a strong hand under my tummy keeping me afloat and I realised that it was God telling me that even though I might find myself ‘thrown in at the deep end’ he was there to uphold me.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
WIND CHIMES

One summer I bought a little wind chime for my back garden. It is only small and makes a very pretty sound when the wind blows on it. The first day I put it up my husband said he couldn't hear it, but there was quite a lot of background noise; a road sweeper in the back street and a neighbour operating some sort of machine. Through all that noise, unheard, the little chimes were ringing but we could only hear them when we were standing very close to them.

It was a life lesson and I realised that hearing God's voice is a bit like that. Sometimes there is so much going on in our lives that we can't hear him at all. And in order to do so we must move in closer. At other times it can be so quiet and peaceful that we hear the sound of the wind chimes, and the Holy Spirit, with no difficulty.

Another analogy about the Holy Spirit came to me one very warm Sunday morning as I was in the church meeting. I was seated near a window which was open to let in some much needed fresh air but there was a bit of an uncomfortable draught and I realised that when the wind of the Holy Spirit blows through our lives, both as individuals and as the Church, it can often be quite uncomfortable but absolutely necessary to bring in a new freshness.

Reactions: Taken and Mayflower

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER

After all the rain we’ve had one summer a couple of years ago, I was enjoying a rare moment of peace and tranquillity in my garden. I made myself a cuppa and as I sat enjoying it I could hear the birds and my little wind chimes. The sky was blue and the sun was shining and I felt deeply peaceful and content.

After a while I became aware of the amazing flashes of light as the diamonds in my rings reflected the sun; blue, yellow, green and white. So sparkly. And I realised this was a life lesson.

Before those diamonds had been polished they were just stones with no beauty of their own, but the master jeweller could see their potential. He had the knowledge to know where to cut and how to polish so that the stones in his hands were transformed into things of beauty.

And it’s not just the large diamonds that sparkle; it’s the little ones too; even the diamond chippings in my eternity ring were giving off flashes of reflected light.

And just as the jeweller chooses stones and sees their potential for beauty long before he puts his tools to them, so God chooses us knowing our capabilities and how best to bring out the best in us and where to make his cuts. And just as my diamond chippings were sparkling so too the smallest of us; the least of us; has that ability to shine. Some obviously shine brighter than others but that is God’s plan so whatever setting you are in know that you have the ability to shine with the reflected light of Jesus.

And also know that diamonds are forever.

Reactions: Taken and Mayflower