Life through the eyes of another

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I read comics when I was a boy and TV show’s and moves ever since. I have found myself playing the part of one of the characters and looking at life through their eyes. These experiences have helped me understand life from points of view I had never considered before. Sence my memory at my old age is so poor I can watch these shows again and experience the life of another character as if I was that person too.

Have you ever watched an episode of fiction and played the part of one of these characters too or the experience changed you in some way or another?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I read comics when I was a boy and TV show’s and moves ever since. I have found myself playing the part of one of the characters and looking at life through their eyes. These experiences have helped me understand life from points of view I had never considered before. Sence my memory at my old age is so poor I can watch these shows again and experience the life of another character as if I was that person too.

Have you ever watched an episode of fiction and played the part of one of these characters too or the experience changed you in some way or another?

I have never pretended to be a fictional character.

But fiction can be give insight into the author and society.

Science fiction and fantasy can give a very good look into where the thinking and beliefs of society are going.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone had not dreamed (possibly even as just a child) of what was then, pure fiction, you would not own a cell phone today. I know I began dreaming of those sorts of things with just a piece of string attaching the tin can I held, with the one in Johnny Meyer's hands a hundred feet away.

Reactions: Helen

Mike Dwight

Mar 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Life through the eyes of another " is Rather strange, being on a Christian Morality forum and in that standpoint. Did anyone find or Remember one Scripture of Jesus and empathetic grasp? You can't name the death of Lazuras and his raising! You can't be showing empathetic with Lazarus! He's a dead man! I find Far more character analysis for Jesus, the one true Lord, in, Luke 7:32

I mean sure, your OP is so basic, with some interpretation, itrs really just daydreaming, I can't say I cam to hard Understandings reading a Spawn comic or putting myself in a c haracter role as might be the Hard Understandings of a Lord and a Subject.

Actually the Luke account of the Death of Lazuras is pretty much empathetic with a moved love and crowd weeping.

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is actually a method of studying scripture - placing yourself in the shoes of every character in a particular story. It is a great way to learn empathy. The Bible can almost become an autobiographical experience.