Lifewise....Bible study for public schools

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heard about Lifewise on the world news tonight.

They are in about 300 public schools so far. The Bible studies are held off campus and it is a voluntary program. Usually held during library times for all students.

I think it's great...to give the young students some hope and good instruction. Maybe it can help even some troubled students that might resort to gun violence in schools.

The one I saw on the news was in Ohio. But they are in several States so far.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heard about Lifewise on the world news tonight.

They are in about 300 public schools so far. The Bible studies are held off campus and it is a voluntary program. Usually held during library times for all students.

I think it's great...to give the young students some hope and good instruction. Maybe it can help even some troubled students that might resort to gun violence in schools.

The one I saw on the news was in Ohio. But they are in several States so far.
Do those same schools offer LGBTQWhatever, group meetings on campus?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ec 1:9The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
When I was attending a public elementary school [1st through 8th grades] in a small town in California [1949 to 1957], they had what was called Religious Release. On one day each week for a couple of hours the whole student was eligible to participate with parental consent.

For Catholics, the nuns would walk participants to one of their buildings and teach the catechism in groups according to age.

There was only one Protestant church in town and they would walk their participants to their church buildings for Bible lessons.

The Mormons had a church but they did not participate so their children remained at school with a few Buddists and others for lightly supervised free time.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ec 1:9The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
When I was attending a public elementary school [1st through 8th grades] in a small town in California [1949 to 1957], they had what was called Religious Release. On one day each week for a couple of hours the whole student was eligible to participate with parental consent.

For Catholics, the nuns would walk participants to one of their buildings and teach the catechism in groups according to age.

There was only one Protestant church in town and they would walk their participants to their church buildings for Bible lessons.

The Mormons had a church but they did not participate so their children remained at school with a few Buddists and others for lightly supervised free time.

I remember a Baptist pastor had a van and would pick up students to go to his and his wife's home for Bible study and a little recreation.

I even remember when the Lord's Prayer and a Bible verse started the beginning of the school day...that was in public schools.

Prayer and the Bible was removed from the public schools when I was about 12 I think.

Back then the worse thing happening was some kids smoking cigarettes behind the high school.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember a Baptist pastor had a van and would pick up students to go to his and his wife's home for Bible study and a little recreation.

I even remember when the Lord's Prayer and a Bible verse started the beginning of the school day...that was in public schools.
And for Christmas, we would actually have an on stage play with students in the roles of Mary and Joseph. That was in public schools.
Prayer and the Bible was removed from the public schools when I was about 12 I think.

Back then the worse thing happening was some kids smoking cigarettes behind the high school.
My own experience was similar. No one stopped anyone from smoking off campus.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And for Christmas, we would actually have an on stage play with students in the roles of Mary and Joseph. That was in public schools.

My own experience was similar. No one stopped anyone from smoking off campus.
Compare smoking cigarettes being the worse thing back then to nowadays....mass shootings! Prayer and Bible readings did help the kids.

Reactions: amadeus