Listening to godly counsel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word of God gives the following verse if we discern someone in a fault, especially an ongoing fault.

Yet many do not understand, when we do the following, we are only trying to help the person. That the person has fallen into a fault and cannot see their own error.

Especially if a Christian has discernment, by the Holy Spirit we speak....

1Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
Galatians 6:1

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

James 5: 14-16​

14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Today Ms.Debp we follow very few of the Ways first admonishments to the new believers. If I were to have a sin or commit one, would I dare tell the brethren ? NO, for fear of the condemnation that would be received. There is NO love as Paul (Ep.4:32) said, to be tenderhearted one to another, forgiving one another. Judgment begins at the house of God but " oh no, not today's, everyone wants to be coddled or affirmed !

This is why sin is so rampant not only in the churches but in our very lives! How then can we save some, pulling them from the fire?

Jude 1:23

21 Keep yourself in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23 And others save with fear, pulling [them] out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

I fully agree we are to admonish, exhort, reprove, correct one another in love,I agree, not so much everyone else.

Reactions: Debp

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:Oh no: I'm sorry it all bolded. I tried to change it.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

James 5: 14-16​

14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Today Ms. Debp we follow very few of the Ways first admonishments to the new believers. If I were to have a sin or commit one, would I dare tell the brethren ? NO, for fear of the condemnation that would be received. There is NO love as Paul (Ep.4:32) said, to be tender hearted one to another, forgiving one another. Judgment begins at the house of God but " oh no, not today's, everyone wants to be coddled or affirmed !

This is why sin is so rampant not only in the churches but in our very lives! How then can we save some, pulling them from the fire?

21 Keep yourself in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23 And others save with fear, pulling [them] out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

I fully agree we are to admonish, exhort, reprove, correct one another in love, I agree, not so much everyone else.

It really is so simple to do. All I did was blocked the bolded text and clicked on the B button at the top. then went back and bolded the bible verse headings

Shalom

Reactions: Debp and L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It really is so simple to do. All I did was blocked the bolded text and clicked on the B button at the top. then went back and bolded the bible verse headings

Shalom
Thank you. Yes that is what I did and do also but when it posted....BAM.... It was all bolded!

• Haha

knothead

Sep 29, 2023
Tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in the day of Jesus those verses were probably used quite a lot. In today's world I think people are to busy to worry about each other.

knothead

Sep 29, 2023
Tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.
It was NOT in our control.....as if we don't know how to use the app presented by forum.
When I typed my post it was not all bold but at the end maybe the last period it all went to bold and I tried several things nothing removed the bold and then I just clicked inside the subject area and it all went back to normal. Idk was confused

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Judgment begins at the house of God but " oh no, not today's, everyone wants to be coddled or affirmed !

I fully agree we are to admonish, exhort, reprove, correct one another in love

Yes, isn't that the truth about many today just wanting to be coddled or their bad behavior reinforced. As long as you go along with their deeds, they are happy with you.

5Let the righteous strike me;
It shall be a kindness.
And let him rebuke me;
It shall be as excellent oil;
Let my head not refuse it.
Psalm 141:5

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I were to have a sin or commit one, would I dare tell the brethren ? NO, for fear of the condemnation that would be received.

If you were in sin... you are already under condemnation and are in need to turning away from the sin, confessing it to the Lord to receive cleaning.

When one turns away from the Lord and sins, they must forsake their sin and confess their sin to the Lord in order to be in right standing with the Lord once again according to His Word.

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Reactions: knothead

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word of God gives the following verse if we discern someone in a fault, especially an ongoing fault.

Yet many do not understand, when we do the following, we are only trying to help the person. That the person has fallen into a fault and cannot see their own error.

1Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
It also says what to do if they wont heed. They do have to be put out for their own good so as to help lead them to repentance
as well as the good of the church so as the leaven wont leaven the whole lump .
Leaven will leaven .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were in sin... you are already under condemnation and are in need to turning away from the sin, confessing it to the Lord to receive cleaning.

When one turns away from the Lord and sins, they must forsake their sin and confess their sin to the Lord in order to be in right standing with the Lord once again according to His Word.

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
I agree with your statement adding the words of the Lord, "there is nothing hid that shall not be brought into the light". (not necessarily public scrutiny )

Sin is pretty much defined in the word, those of the heart, mind, & mouth as well as the body.

In the adulterous woman case, Jesus also said at the condemnation & judgement of the woman taken in adultery. She being caught in the act, condemned herself, (Jesus, "your sins are forgiven, go and sin no more" (or do not repeat this same sin over again) but the crowd wanted to proceed to judgement by the law and stone her. Jesus said he that is without sin, let him cast the first stone. ( no mercy nor forgiveness)

I've noticed all the teaching about his righteousness has removed our sin, all past (correct) present (confess & repent) & future ( really???) by the proponents of ES or OSAS or even sinless perfection, which I believe to be in error according to the word.

We may " think" we are getting away with something, but God is no fool, he keeps " perfect" records!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, when we got born again our PAST sins were all forgiven:

Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God

But, going forward if we sin we must forsake the sin, and confess it to the Lord as being sin asking for forgiveness in order to be cleaned of the unrighteousness of sins we commit after having been born again.

The grace changers, the greasy grace cartels love to claim all future sin has already been forgiven even before we commit the sin.

This is why so many of them are living in sin and are causing others to stumble by teaching others their false doctrine!

It's a doctrine of demons anytime someone wants to argue in favor of being able to live in sin

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I won't get into any arguments here. This will be my only statement about the subject as I know it can be divisive.

But just saying, many of us who believe in eternal security do not believe in sinning or living that way.

There is only peace and joy in our hearts and lives when we are in fellowship with the Lord. When we might sin, we must confess so we once again have the fellowship with the Lord.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe this verse is about someone who has fallen into sin in the church. Is that what you were saying too?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
many of us who believe in eternal security do not believe in sinning or living that way.

OK, but you folks go around telling others it's not possible for them to loose their salvation and this is not only not biblical, but it causes others to stumble.

OSAS is turning the grace of the Lord in to lawlessness (Jude 1:4) as it mocks God (see Gal 6:7,8) by claiming we do not reap what we sow.

That was satan's message to Adam and Eve was.... you can sin against God and not reap spiritual death.

Jesus did not go to the cross to make satan's lie to Adam and Eve to become true.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what did Jesus accomplish on the cross if we are condemned to damnation every time we fall short and miss the mark?

Here's an idea.... why don't you REPENT and stop sinning!

God's Word says we can do all things thru Christ that strengthens us (Philippians 4:13)

HOW is it that this promises does not apply to you???

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe this verse is about someone who has fallen into sin in the church. Is that what you were saying too?
Yes, I was thinking that way, too. However, even someone who isn't a Christian can often benefit from godly counsel. And sometimes that leads them to Christ.