Listening to godly counsel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I was thinking that way, too. However, even someone who isn't a Christian can often benefit from godly counsel. And sometimes that leads them to Christ.
Just living a life as a Christian can be a good example to others that change their lives.

Reactions: Debp

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here's an idea.... why don't you REPENT and stop sinning!

God's Word says we can do all things thru Christ that strengthens us (Philippians 4:13)

HOW is it that this promises does not apply to you???
Why not just admit that you save yourself by following the law?

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here's an idea.... why don't you REPENT and stop sinning!

God's Word says we can do all things thru Christ that strengthens us (Philippians 4:13)

HOW is it that this promises does not apply to you???
I do repent. But I'm not perfect. Only Jesus was and is perfect.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do repent. But I'm not perfect. Only Jesus was and is perfect.

Nobody is saying you are going to be perfect in the literal sense... I spilled my ice tea the other days, proving I'm not perfect in the literal sense.

They doesn't mean we cannot cease from sin.... willingly and knowinggly doing things we know are sinful or things God's Word calls sinful.

We should be living morally upright before the Lord... He said in His Word that we can do all things thru Christi that strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

Some folks think this does not apply to them so they go around saying they are sinners and they sin in thought word and deed everyday. (usually the calvinists, reformed theology peoples, and the OSAS peoples)

They are conflicted... they claim they are born again and have become new creatures in Christ Jesus... then turn around and say they are sinners and they sin in thought word and deed everyday.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They are conflicted... they claim they are born again and have become new creatures in Christ Jesus... then turn around and say they are sinners and they sin in thought word and deed everyday.
And then—
Nobody is saying you are going to be perfect in the literal sense

If you admit we aren't going to be perfect in the literal sense, then why claim that new creatures in Christ are not sinners at all?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you admit we aren't going to be perfect in the literal sense, then why claim that new creatures in Christ are not sinners at all?

The OSAS peoples think it's normal to sin everyday in thought word and deed.

They get mad at people who do not willingly and knowingly do sinful stuff everyday... they claim they were born sinners and even though they claim to be born again they say they are STILL sinners.

They have sin on the brain and have gone the way of cain.

Spilling one's ice tea or making other mistakes are quit different from willingly and knowing doing sinful things...

The OSAS peoples argue that one can willingly and knowing doing sinful things... and still be in right standing with the Lord which is mocking God according to Gal 6:7,8 as they claim we can sow to the flesh (sin) and not reap corruption.

But, really those that have been brainwashed by the false doctrines of the OSAS peoples are much like the followers of Charles Mansion or David Koresh... they follow blindly and know not that they are walking in darkness.... so they won't understand