Living Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted. - Hebrews 2:17-18.

How is it that a Christian life is lived? A Christian is a person who has Christ in them. Christianity does not happen by you making it happen, it happens by Him Who paid the price for sin (nature killed out at the cross for believing sinners) and knows how to handle the temptations a believer will suffer all the days of their life. Why all days, why not just a few or at least until we get it figured out and conquer the flesh? If it was to be determined by you conquering your flesh it would never be determined because you will never conquer your flesh. Some may get a better hold on how to live but you're flesh basically stays the same all the days of your life. It is necessary for humanity to have contrast and your mind will contrast all He is in you.

Those that live by the law (flesh doing something to help out God) find out in time His grace is sufficient. How would you know light if it wasn't for the darkness. How do you know grace without the law. How do you mix oil and water. They are direct opposites of each other. Sounds like marriage a relationship - they are direct opposites of each other and are maintained by contrast. Seeing Christ in each other is a contrast to not seeing Christ in each other. I have had people tell me "I cannot see Christ in them" I know you can't if you don't know the gospel.

The gospel says He is there and you must appreciate the uniqueness of their personalities (their creation) for expression. Granted most like mine (personality) need worked on but that is what we are doing in Christianity-He is working on me to get me to see through my weakness to Him. My weakness is a contrast to His strength or sufficient Grace. We look for a cut and dried religion as some suppose but it is not cut and dried when we delve into the deep of expression. Cut and dried (forgive the bad analogy) is your spirit joined to His Spirit-the cross of completion is cut and dried. Never will your expression of the Christ in you be cut and dried-it is always growing and coming into sanctification. What does that mean? It means you are probably day and night from what you used to be because of soul growth-mind renewal to the Christ that is in you.

How is that? Christ lives and I don't! Not as an individual separate from Him. I live by Christ who is my life in me and the only way for Him to come out of me is by Him living. Imperative believers see that by the scriptures. Galatians 2:20 cannot be looked at long enough, it is keystone to Christianity. Your whole being will be determined by what you know in scripture. Will "I live and move and have my being in Him" or do I live some kind of life trying to please God all the time by what I do (self effort).

For the doers I like to always add; more is accomplished by an individual who knows they are dead in Christ, than someone who puts out all effort to accomplish what they see as pleasing to God. Most trying is all an imagination and accomplishes very little. Man may see you as a great person in Christianity because you work all the time at being successful in what you think. But not in the spirit you are just another soul-God is no respector of person's. That means; all are created the same - there is no big 'I' and little 'you' as religion loves to portray.

Follow on to know the Lord - come out from among her and be delivered.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Soulman,

Yes sir, obedience is the key. All Christians have to obey the laws of the new covenant, those include Jesus' commandments as well as the laws given through the apostles.

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Soulman,

Yes sir, obedience is the key. All Christians have to obey the laws of the new covenant, those include Jesus' commandments as well as the laws given through the apostles.

Do you have a couple in mind?

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 2:17- Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

God is not a High Priest.

Reactions: soul man