Lock down still Exists.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Father I ask Your Will to protect Farouk against this virus outbreak and to heal his lungs. In Jesus Name...Amen
@Heart2Soul Thank-you. I guess my point also was that it's a serious matter about which ppl need to take precautions. I know some ppl are unhappy about the bureaucratic aspects of precautions and distancing. But there is also wisdom to them. It doesn't follow logically that because some ppl have principled reasons to be skeptical of the precautions that they are somehow not going to be needed. In a very different category I know, but while some ppl have strong, principled misgivings about condoms, in a disease epidemic situation simply trying to stop ppl using condoms is not going to lead to better health - even though we strongly hope that Christians are practising faithfulness. Perhaps there is only a limited comparison, but you get my point, maybe.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Thank-you. I guess my point also was that it's a serious matter about which ppl need to take precautions. I know some ppl are unhappy about the bureaucratic aspects of precautions and distancing. But there is also wisdom to them. It doesn't follow logically that because some ppl have principled reasons to be skeptical of the precautions that they are somehow not going to be needed. In a very different category I know, but while some ppl have strong, principled misgivings about condoms, in a disease epidemic situation simply trying to stop ppl using condoms is not going to lead to better health - even though we strongly hope that Christians are practising faithfulness. Perhaps there is only a limited comparison, but you get my point, maybe.
I knew what your point was but I felt led to say a prayer for you so in obedience I did.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Heart2Soul PS: The comparison I just made might only have limited relevance but you see how, even if one may be very strongly against young people using condoms, for example, yet in an epidemic if one knows they are active, trying to stop them using condoms would not make them safer. (They first need the spiritual motivation by faith to behave in a God-honoring way.) At least obliquely, it's similar to having very principled objections to bureaucracy and intrusion by the state, which I can greatly sympathize with, but during an epidemic the mere having principled objections won't make one's lungs immune from C19.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We are going to level 3 on Monday. The restrictions are still tight here but we're starting to get use to it. Some of my family members have been going out foraging on their walks around the community. Lot's of mushrooms and various chestnuts around.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We are going to level 3 on Monday. The restrictions are still tight here but we're starting to get use to it. Some of my family members have been going out foraging on their walks around the community. Lot's of mushrooms and various chestnuts around.
Hi @Angelina, so what does Level 3 mean?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It's still a relatively strict but it means that we
  1. Stay home. If you are not at work, school, exercising or getting essentials then you must be at home, the same as at Alert Level 4.
  2. Work and learn from home if you can. We still want the vast majority of people working from home, and children and young people learning from home. At-risk students and staff should also stay at home, and they will be supported to do so. Early learning centres and schools will physically be open for up to Year 10 for families that need them.
  3. Make your business COVID-19 safe. COVID-19 has spread in workplaces, so the quid pro quo of being able to open is doing it in a way that doesn’t spread the virus.
  4. Stay regional. You can exercise at parks or beaches within your region, but the closer to home the better. Activities must be safe – keep 2 metres away from anybody not in your bubble. Make minimal trips.
  5. Keep your bubble as small as possible. If you need to, you can expand your bubble a small amount to bring in close family, isolated people or caregivers.
  6. Wash your hands often with soap. Then dry them. Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
  7. If you are sick, stay at home and quickly seek advice from your GP or Healthline about getting a test. There is no stigma to COVID-19. We will only be successful if everyone is willing to play their part in finding it wherever it is.