Lock down still Exists.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I am listening to our Prime Minister right now. It looks like we are in lock down for another week. That is level 4. Next week, we will move into level 3. possibly.

Level 4 is total lock down accept supermarkets and dairies are open. No-one in lockdown should be moving about especially if they are from anther region. People are only allowed to go to the supermarket, go for a walk but only in our area. No traveling to another area. Go to see a doctor or other reasons are acceptable.

We have already been in lock down for a month. I'm am glad that she is being very cautious going forward and I am happy with her decision.

Number of confirmed cases in New Zealand - 1,105
Number of probable cases - 335
Number of confirmed and probable cases - 1,440
Number of cases currently in hospital - 14
Number of recovered cases - 974
Number of deaths - 12

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am listening to our Prime Minister right now. It looks like we are in lock down for another week. That is level 4. Next week, we will move into level 3. possibly.

Level 4 is total lock down accept supermarkets and dairies are open. No-one in lockdown should be moving about especially if they are from anther region. People are only allowed to go to the supermarket, go for a walk but only in our area. No traveling to another area. Go to see a doctor or other reasons are acceptable.

We have already been in lock down for a month. I'm am glad that she is being very cautious going forward and I am happy with her decision.
We have been practicing "social isolation " and keeping a rule of 6 feet between us.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the very least, God's Reassurance even in the countries that are oppressive and persecute Christians:

Romans 8:28 And we know that God works all things together ...
Romans 8:28 And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.
We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God-those whom he has called according to his plan. New American Standard 1977 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. King James 2000 Bible

Reactions: amadeus

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I think it's very wise, some Aussie suggested we follow Sweden's model a couple of weeks ago, at that time Sweden was only at 4k or 5k cases, they are now over 14k, I'm glad Scott Morrison didn't take up those suggestions.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think it's very wise, some Aussie suggested we follow Sweden's model a couple of weeks ago, at that time Sweden was only at 4k or 5k cases, they are now over 14k, I'm glad Scott Morrison didn't take up those suggestions.
It's inevitable that conditions are not going to be replicated in exactly the same way, everywhere.

Reactions: Nancy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
https://www.quora.com/Will-the-COVI...emic-that-infected-500-000-000-people?share=1

.... may be a little dated, but is updated sometimes:

short excerpt:
"So no, it’s very unlikely that this outbreak (or any other in the forseeable future) will compare to the flu pandemic that hit around the end of WWI.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Strange things happened during this last month which I found was interesting. There were a lot of truck driving accidents on the road during this lock down. Trucks drivers who are part of the essential services group, can continue to move from place to place because they are moving essential cargo.

My thoughts are that although they my find other domestic vehicles annoying on the road. They may have been the only thing that kept them awake when they are on a long haul. It must be a lonely road for them and I'm sure they must get tired without seeing another vehicle...[accept other trucks] :confused:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Strange things happened during this last month which I found was interesting. There were a lot of truck driving accidents on the road during thii lock down. Trucks drivers who are part of the essential services group, can continue to move from place to place because they are moving essential cargo.

My thoughts are that although they my find other domestic vehicles annoying on the road. They may have been the only thing that kept them awake when they are on a long haul. It must be a lonely road for them and I'm sure they must get tired without seeing another vehicle....:confused:
Fatigue is definitely an issue with long distance driving.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I also noticed during lock down, the amount of fire call outs. For some unknown reason, lock down folks have been lighting fires [possibly just for getting rid of rubbish around the place] but this is not the time to light fires. It is not fire season yet.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was noted instead, on the news in the last week, that they have fewer places to stop / places are closed down / so they may well be traveling farther between stops....
The ones I know, and the times I drove cross country, it was (and still is possible) nicer not to have many other drivers on the road. And having frequent places to stop was helpful.

Strange things happened during this last month which I found was interesting. There were a lot of truck driving accidents on the road during this lock down. Trucks drivers who are part of the essential services group, can continue to move from place to place because they are moving essential cargo.

My thoughts are that although they my find other domestic vehicles annoying on the road. They may have been the only thing that kept them awake when they are on a long haul. It must be a lonely road for them and I'm sure they must get tired without seeing another vehicle...[accept other trucks]

Reactions: amadeus

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Fatigue is definitely an issue with long distance driving.

Ye I have heard the truck drivers/delivery drivers have been working longer crazy hours lately, literally go to work, come home, go to sleep, wake up, off they go again, as they try to keep up with all the demand of supermarkets, pharmacies, keep stock on shelves etc.

Reactions: amadeus and farouk

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will the COVID-19 coronavirus be as bad as the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic that infected 500,000,000 people? - Quora

.... may be a little dated, but is updated sometimes:

short excerpt:
"So no, it’s very unlikely that this outbreak (or any other in the forseeable future) will compare to the flu pandemic that hit around the end of WWI.

In 2002, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) became the first pandemic of the 21st century. Like COVID-19, SARS was due to a coronavirus, known as SARS-CoV. It also originated in China.

Scientists believe that SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, originated in bats, moved into pangolins, then entered humans. Similarly, SARS-CoV began in bats, but it moved into civets before humans.

Both SARS-CoV and the virus that causes COVID-19 can transmit via droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Globally, SARS infected an estimated 8,000 people in 29 countries and had a mortality rate of around 10%. By most estimates, this is higher than COVID-19’s mortality rate.

Both SARS and COVID-19 affect older adults more severely than they do younger individuals. Around half of those over 65 who contracted SARS died, compared with just 1% of people under 24.

However, COVID-19 seems to be more infectious than SARS and has already spread to far more countries and killed more people than SARS.

How did we eradicate SARS?

In short, surveillance, the isolation of those who contracted it, and strict quarantine measures halted the progress of SARS. As one paper puts it, “By interrupting all human-to-human transmission, SARS was effectively eradicated.”

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ye I have heard the truck drivers/delivery drivers have been working longer crazy hours lately, literally go to work, come home, go to sleep, wake up, off they go again, as they try to keep up with all the demand of supermarkets, pharmacies, keep stock on shelves etc.
Difficult situation, indeed...

Reactions: Josho

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
re: searching spanish flu pandemic

Did a Vaccine Experiment on U.S. Soldiers Cause the “Spanish Flu”?

"Summary

"The reason modern technology has not been able to pinpoint the killer influenza strain from this pandemic is because influenza was not the killer.

"More soldiers died during WWI from disease than from bullets.

"The pandemic was not flu. An estimated 95% (or higher) of the deaths were caused by bacterial pneumonia, not influenza/a virus.

"The pandemic was not Spanish. The first cases of bacterial pneumonia in 1918 trace back to a military base in Fort Riley, Kansas."

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
re: searching spanish flu pandemic

Did a Vaccine Experiment on U.S. Soldiers Cause the “Spanish Flu”?

"Summary

"The reason modern technology has not been able to pinpoint the killer influenza strain from this pandemic is because influenza was not the killer.

"More soldiers died during WWI from disease than from bullets.

"The pandemic was not flu. An estimated 95% (or higher) of the deaths were caused by bacterial pneumonia, not influenza/a virus.

"The pandemic was not Spanish. The first cases of bacterial pneumonia in 1918 trace back to a military base in Fort Riley, Kansas."
So you deny that at least 17 million ppl died of 'flu after WW1?