Lockdowns...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We obtain the promises of God (such as what is written in Psalms 91) by faith (Hebrews 11:33, 2 Peter 1:3-4, 2 Corinthians 1:20, Romans 4:20-22).

A person may in fact be a believer and yet not able to obtain such promises, for whatever reason.

He may believe in the promises of God for salvation; but if he doesn't believe in His promises for healing, they won't be applied to him.

You must believe what the scripture says in order for it to be applied to you, is what I'm saying (see the verses that I referenced above).

you sound like the legalistic pharisees and are in denial regarding covid.

I'm not the only one who sees your immaturity in this thread and your condescending attitude about the disease and those who have suffered and died.

and you were a pastor ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you sound like the legalistic pharisees and are in denial regarding covid.

I'm not the only one who sees your immaturity in this thread and your condescending attitude about the disease and those who have suffered and died.

and you were a pastor ?
I love you too.

God bless you.

:)

Yes, I was a local minister at a Nazarene Church; but my mental illness got in the way and I had to resign.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you still have the illness ?
It is dealt with by medicine that I take, possibly.

I don't know for sure.

The medicine is forced on me; it is my normal prayer that the Lord will transmute the medicine so that it is not pharmakeia; and that He will guard my heart and mind with His peace that passes all understanding.

If I am not healed but only the symptoms are being dealt with, then I would say that Hosea 9:7 applies to me and that this thing is a thorn in the flesh (2 Corinthians 12:7-9).

Thorns in the flesh are in a different category than most illnesses...they are given to keep the minister from being exalted above measure. Whereas, we know that healing is provided for in the atonement (Isaiah 53:5)...and that God even uses medicine to bring such healing about (i.e. the use of medicine does not preclude that the healing did not come about through Jesus' stripes).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only are vaccines now on the market (and thus all of this hype about coronavirus appears to me to be a lie of the media)...

But also, we have remdesivir and regeneron as treatments.

Therefore, there is no reason why we can't go back to normal soon....except for the fact that the liberal democrats want control of this country and want to squelch our religious freedoms.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is dealt with by medicine that I take, possibly.

I don't know for sure.

The medicine is forced on me; it is my normal prayer that the Lord will transmute the medicine so that it is not pharmakeia; and that He will guard my heart and mind with His peace that passes all understanding.

If I am not healed but only the symptoms are being dealt with, then I would say that Hosea 9:7 applies to me and that this thing is a thorn in the flesh.

Thorns in the flesh are in a different category than most illnesses...they are given to keep the minister from being exalted above measure. Whereas, we know that healing is provided for in the atonement (Isaiah 53:5)...and that God even uses medicine to bring such healing about (i.e. the use of medicine does not preclude that the healing did not come about through Jesus' stripes).
thanks for sharing and now that I'm aware of the situation I will extend more grace with you from this point forward.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who said anything about coddling ?

I said grace.
Do me a favour and don't give me any grace because of my illness that you wouldn't give to other people who don't have an illness.

I don't want any special treatment.

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

I can use the sharpening that takes place because of disagreements and the way that people treat me when they aren't giving me special treatment because of my illness. As a matter of fact, it helps me to be better so that the illness is not as bad.

Thanks.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a reality in holy scripture that believers in Christ are not under the law (Romans 6:14) and that the throne of iniquity frameth mischief by a law (Psalm 94:20). Therefore let the church rise up in civil disobedience as in the days of Ghandi; and let us continue to not forsake the assembly of believers, as the habit of some is; and let us spur one another on to love and good works; and all the more as we see the day approaching. Let us remember that the apostles on two occasions told the scribes and Pharisees who sought to undermine their religious freedom, that "we must obey God rather than men."

Let us not fear this virus, saints. We have promises from the Lord in Psalms 91 that if we are faithful it will not even be able to touch us. We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Let us rise up as saints and be the church to this lost and dying world around us. Will they hate us more? It is very likely that they will. But we are not subject to this virus and neither will we be spreaders of it if we are faithful to the Lord. We can continue to wear masks and utilize social distancing for the sake of the unredeemed around us, but we are not to be fearful ourselves. And as concerning the faithful assembly of believers, this is something that is mandated by holy scripture for the faithful...let us not forsake the assembly lest we find that the church was taken up from the many church buildings on a Sunday and we were not there to partake of that glorious escape.

Let us continue on in fellowship. Let us continue to worship the Father in Spirit and in truth. Let us keep Jesus' command to persevere: for if we keep this command, will we not be counted worthy to escape those things that are soon to come upon the earth?

though I don't disagree with your sentiment here, thing is they will expect you to respect their fear. the use of media is the tattletale now a days. including cell phones.

a guy I used to work with went to see family in the Ukraine after the iron curtain went down. one of the things he notices was when they would talk about anything political or the like they still had the habit of whispering when they spoke, even in their own house. what is happening now is the start of the same for the US citizen. your free to say and believe and do, as long as they agree with it. also as commonly known there were check points every where at that time not maned anymore.

but don't forget its ok for football players to play football and Walmart shoppers to gather at the consumer trough, but special interest groups like Christians that speak out against todays immoral set of morals are closed.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
though I don't disagree with your sentiment here, thing is they will expect you to respect their fear. the use of media is the tattletale now a days. including cell phones.

a guy I used to work with went to see family in the Ukraine after the iron curtain went down. one of the things he notices was when they would talk about anything political or the like they still had the habit of whispering when they spoke, even in their own house. what is happening now is the start of the same for the US citizen. your free to say and believe and do, as long as they agree with it. also as commonly known there were check points every where at that time not maned anymore.

but don't forget its ok for football players to play football and Walmart shoppers to gather at the consumer trough, but special interest groups like Christians that speak out against todays immoral set of morals are closed.
Yes social media is a liberal cesspool now and if your oppose the liberal POV you get flagged and the posts get removed. Total compliance and censorship. We saw this with the elections.

BTW- I'm not a conspiracy guy just a realist.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes social media is a liberal cesspool now and if your oppose the liberal POV you get flagged and the posts get removed. Total compliance and censorship. We saw this with the elections.

people who have power and influence seeking more power and influence isn't a conspiracy its human nature, heck it s the nature of flesh. and being treated like a mushroom has been SOP since I've been around.

problem is, the public trusts and believes these people.

Reactions: ChristisGod

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is a reality in holy scripture that believers in Christ are not under the law (Romans 6:14) and that the throne of iniquity frameth mischief by a law (Psalm 94:20). Therefore let the church rise up in civil disobedience as in the days of Ghandi; and let us continue to not forsake the assembly of believers, as the habit of some is; and let us spur one another on to love and good works; and all the more as we see the day approaching. Let us remember that the apostles on two occasions told the scribes and Pharisees who sought to undermine their religious freedom, that "we must obey God rather than men."

Let us not fear this virus, saints. We have promises from the Lord in Psalms 91 that if we are faithful it will not even be able to touch us. We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Let us rise up as saints and be the church to this lost and dying world around us. Will they hate us more? It is very likely that they will. But we are not subject to this virus and neither will we be spreaders of it if we are faithful to the Lord. We can continue to wear masks and utilize social distancing for the sake of the unredeemed around us, but we are not to be fearful ourselves. And as concerning the faithful assembly of believers, this is something that is mandated by holy scripture for the faithful...let us not forsake the assembly lest we find that the church was taken up from the many church buildings on a Sunday and we were not there to partake of that glorious escape.

Let us continue on in fellowship. Let us continue to worship the Father in Spirit and in truth. Let us keep Jesus' command to persevere: for if we keep this command, will we not be counted worthy to escape those things that are soon to come upon the earth?
Hello @Ziggy,

Worshipping in spirit and in truth is something that does not require a building, or the presence of other believers. The members of the church which is Christ's body are spread all over the world, but they each share fellowship with the Father and the Son by the Spirit, and are joined to their risen Head and to one another in spirit.

* Psalm 91 concerns the Messiah. Satan used verses 11 & 12 to tempt the Lord to endanger Himself,

'And he brought Him to Jerusalem, and set Him on a pinnacle of the temple,
and said unto Him, "If thou be the Son of God, cast Thyself down from hence:
For it is written, He shall give His angels charge over Thee, to keep Thee:
And in their hands they shall bear Thee up, lest at any time Thou dash Thy foot against a stone.
And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."'

(Luke 4:9-12)

* You are not being wise, Ziggy.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Ziggy,

Worshipping in spirit and in truth is something that does not require a building, or the presence of other believers. The members of the church which is Christ's body are spread all over the world, but they each share fellowship with the Father and the Son by the Spirit, and are joined to their risen Head and to one another in spirit.

* Psalm 91 concerns the Messiah. Satan used verses 11 & 12 to tempt the Lord to endanger Himself,

'And he brought Him to Jerusalem, and set Him on a pinnacle of the temple,
and said unto Him, "If thou be the Son of God, cast Thyself down from hence:
For it is written, He shall give His angels charge over Thee, to keep Thee:
And in their hands they shall bear Thee up, lest at any time Thou dash Thy foot against a stone.
And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."'

(Luke 4:9-12)

* You are not being wise, Ziggy.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Hello Chris,
You quoted JustInFaith and then @ me?
Is this about the lockdowns?

Hugs

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. What I am saying is that COVID is just like another flu. With simple ordinary hygiene and precautions, plus the free availability of the HCQ combo package at no cost over the counter, there would have been no need for all the other nonsense. The only other precaution would have been to ask those who ACTUALLY showed symptoms to (1) stay home, (2) take the HCQ treatment, and (3) look after their health.

A genuine medical "case" means that someone actually showed symptoms of an infection and requested treatment. But the meaning of case was corrupted to inflate the figures. The meaning of COVID deaths was also corrupted. Now anyone who has antibodies in their system is a "case". But antibodies are there to fight infection, and do not mean that the person is a hazard to anyone. And even a person who died of a heart attack becomes a COVID death!

Furthermore, the primary group at risk was those over 65, and specifically those over 85. Most of these individuals are retired or in nursing homes. Which means that the rest of the population should have been told to function normally, so that herd immunity could be built up. And schools should never have been shut down.

Well all the experts disagree with you and they hold sway over the government. So we are to just trust the Lord obey the governing authorities. There is a reason why God has allowed this to morph the way it has. What it is is above my pay grade, but I do know that all our protestations and however much govts. have overblown this ( and I think they have) we are still dutybound to Scripture.

Reactions: ChristisGod

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is a new social media outlet that advertises their loyalty to freedom of speech. It is called PARLER.

Hannity has recommended that once you get your PARLER account, you go to twitter and tell them what it is and why you switched.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a new social media outlet that advertises their loyalty to freedom of speech. It is called PARLER.

Hannity has recommended that once you get your PARLER account, you go to twitter and tell them what it is and why you switched.
My dad told me about that. I can't get it because they need to text you a code. I don't have a cell phone.
The other thing I worry about is being corralled into a certain place.
Seems like you have 10, then 8, then 4.. then before you know there is only 1 and if they want to turn the lights out... then what?
I see that happening on youtube. A lot of conservative channels I watched are gone to bitchute or other places. And most I can't access like twitter because they can't trace my cell.. aw well. I work with what's left. And when they are all gone, then maybe I will do a spring cleaning on the house.
I was going to do last spring and then this fall.. and now it's almost winter.... lol
I hope it works out for you.
HUGS

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

no thanks