Lockdowns...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those were churches, in case you are not aware.

Do you propose that megachurches split off into a million home studies?
fellowship is impossible in mega churches which is why they have weekly small home groups to meet the fellowship needs of the saints.

have you ever served in a local church ?

if so in what capacity ?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live so about 20 miles from the closest store.
My car works when it wants to.
I have a neighbor about a mile or so up the road but I can't walk.
Somedays, I wish someone would come by and just say,
can I get you anything at the store, seeing I'm heading that way and your car don't run well?

If you live in a neighborhood where you know there are elderly people who can't get themselves to the store,
you could always knock, ask, can I get you anything..
that's witnessing...

HUGS

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live so about 20 miles from the closest store.
My car works when it wants to.
I have a neighbor about a mile or so up the road but I can't walk.
Somedays, I wish someone would come by and just say,
can I get you anything at the store, seeing I'm heading that way and your car don't run well?

If you live in a neighborhood where you know there are elderly people who can't get themselves to the store,
you could always knock, ask, can I get you anything..
that's witnessing...

HUGS
my wife does that for the elderly all the time.

Reactions: Ziggy

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How so...if you do not assemble at church, where will you assemble?

There's this thing where people have instantaneous conversations with a group of people...

It can happen over a dozen different platforms from cell phones to telephones.
We don't need to smell each other's breath or after shave. Most of the time I'd rather not.

And my personal witness is still strong...still have lost souls calling me regularly. Had one such young man call me today looking for guidance.

So if your not following the LORD's directives... you just might get sick... probably will with the huge increase in cases lately. Sure right now we have 250,000 dead but we are going to have another 150,000 die in the next month and half and all the hospitals overloaded...

Good luck...God isn't with you on this.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's this thing where people have instantaneous conversations with a group of people...

We don't need to smell each other's breath or after shave. Most of the time I'd rather not.

And my personal witness is still strong...still have lost souls calling me regularly. Had one such young man call me today looking for guidance.

So if your not following the LORD's directives... you just might get sick... probably will with the huge increase in cases lately. Sure right now we have 250,000 dead but we are going to have another 150,000 die in the next month and half and all the hospitals overloaded...

We have had small groups in our home during covid and I meet with 2 other brothers weekly in my friends home. We go back as brothers in the Lord from the very early 80's and served in the same church together in the 90's as elders in the Christian and Missionary Alliance.

So covid restrictions have not effected my fellowship with believers at all. It has in the large group setting but I have no control over that.

Reactions: JohnDB

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those were churches, in case you are not aware.

Do you propose that megachurches split off into a million home studies?
fellowship is impossible in mega churches which is why they have weekly small home groups to meet the fellowship needs of the saints.

if so in what capacity ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes in homes not church buildings read up on the underground church in communist countries.

So, you are saying that we are coming into a time when the church in America is going to be like the underground church in Communist countries, is that correct?

if so in what capacity ?

I have ushered, vacuumed, taken out trash, done evangelism; and probably other things also that don't bear mentioning. I was a local minister of the Nazarene Church at one time and led a Bible Study at that time.

I'll take my chances...because I know that He is with me.

He has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

if so in what capacity ?

Didn't you just ask me that?

Am I not responding quickly enough for you?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll take my chances...because I know that He is with me.

He has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

There's a huge difference between humility and fear. Humility includes the attitude of respect. We are used to the biblical meaning which is dual with fear/respect...but humility and respect can co-exist.

Apparently you have neither.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a huge difference between humility and fear. Humility includes the attitude of respect. We are used to the biblical meaning which is dual with fear/respect...but humility and respect can co-exist.

Apparently you have neither.

I love you too.

God bless you.

:)

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love you too.

God bless you.

:)

I wonder what you would think of a pastor who knew he was sick and testing positive but held services without a mask anyway...

Because 600+ people are wishing that he didn't...

Pastor later died...I'm not sure how many people from the congregation died but they are still sick so the whole number of deaths aren't complete yet.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what you would think of a pastor who knew he was sick and testing positive but held services without a mask anyway...

Pastor later died...I'm not sure how many people from the congregation died but they are still sick so the whole number of deaths aren't complete yet.
Again, I am not advocating that we refuse to implement necessary precautions (apart from not assembling together at all). I even in the OP did say that we ought to wear a mask and continue to practice social distancing; and I believe that also in this thread I said that I myself did not go to church when I was exhibiting symptoms of the virus even before they implemented the first lockdowns here in my home state.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Covid was a gift from the elites FOR the ELITES .
GO ye and learn that . SIE ORDER will stop at nothing for total power . Always remember that .

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
myself did not go to church when I was exhibiting symptoms of the virus
So you already got sick from the virus?

And you want others to get it by acting the same as you?
Possibly losing taste, smell, kidney function, brain damage, and possibly risking death?

I think that maybe you got more brain damage than you realize.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's sounds to me like you wouldn't accept quarantine to begin with...

Then got deathly sick...
Then over it.

Now you are bored because everyone else is still in quarantine and you aren't.

And you think that you are immune because you have had it. Until next month when you get sick again.... maybe one day developing shingles or something worse from this virus... like chicken pox does to people.

No thanks...I'm accepting the quarantine. I'm a former chef... losing taste and smell would not be acceptable.
You are welcome to try and win a Darwin award if you want...the rest of us would rather live.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is such a sad story I feel sorry for the poor congregation.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you already got sick from the virus?

And you want others to get it by acting the same as you?
Possibly losing taste, smell, kidney function, brain damage, and possibly risking death?

I think that maybe you got more brain damage than you realize.
It hardly even affected me.

I think that the effects of this virus have been exaggerated to be honest with you.

Reactions: amigo de christo

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's sounds to me like you wouldn't accept quarantine to begin with...

Then got deathly sick...
Then over it.

No, I was not deathly sick...

I happened to have prayer cover from a friend in India, so the virus did not overly harm or make me sick.

In fact, for the majority of people who have it, it comes and goes. Less than 1% of the people who get it actually die from it.

And you think that you are immune because you have had it.

Not to mention the fact that Psalms 91 promises us that such a thing will not overtake us.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It hardly even affected me.

I think that the effects of this virus have been exaggerated to be honest with you.
Another false accusation as my son had it for 2 weeks and its the worst thing he has ever experienced in his 33 years living on this earth. He knows first hand why the elderly die from it as they are weaker than he is physically and heath wise. He said he felt like dying it hit him so hard.

He is just NOW getting over it the past 2 days and this is after 2 home visits by Doctors who gave him an IV and steroids, antibiotics last week.

So get off your high horse with your " opinions" about things you do not know.

And yes my son is a CHRISTIAN and he is professional christian musician living in Nashville.

And I have a cousin my age that died from covid along with their spouse.

nuff said.....................

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another false accusation as my son had it for 2 weeks and its the worst thing he has ever experienced in his 33 years living on this earth. He knows first hand why the elderly die from it as they are weaker than he is physically and heath wise. He said he felt like dying it hit him so hard.

He is just NOW getting over it the past 2 days and this is after 2 home visits by Doctors who gave him an IV and steroids, antibiotics last week.

So get off your high horse with your " opinions" about things you do not know.

And yes my son is a CHRISTIAN and s professional christian musician living in Nashville.

hope this helps !!!
We obtain the promises of God (such as what is written in Psalms 91) by faith (Hebrews 11:33, 2 Peter 1:3-4, 2 Corinthians 1:20, Romans 4:20-22).

A person may in fact be a believer and yet not able to obtain such promises, for whatever reason.

He may believe in the promises of God for salvation; but if he doesn't believe in His promises for healing, they won't be applied to him.

You must believe what the scripture says in order for it to be applied to you, is what I'm saying (see the verses that I referenced above).

I once prayed for a woman who was severely ill and whose body was ravaged by sickness, that she might "prosper and be in health, even as her soul prospers" and she got better....way better...to the point that she is again a vital member of the church where I attend.