Locusts in Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's really easy to see the confusion that man's false doctrine of a Pre-tribulational Rapture causes when they try to understand The Scriptures about the end of this world.

There's no such idea written of 'tribulation saints' specific to Jews converting to Jesus DURING the great tribulation. Instead, we are shown by Apostle Paul in Romans 11 that the blindness away from The Gospel which God put upon them will last until the 'fulness of the Gentiles' is complete, and that won't happen until the last day when Jesus returns.

This is why we are shown those unbelieving Jews will wish for the hills and mountains to fall on them when they see Jesus coming in the clouds (Luke 23:30; Revelation 6:16; Hosea 10:8). That is what Revelation 1:7 is pointing to with all eyes seeing Jesus come in the clouds, "... and they also which pierced Him:".

The 'tribulation saints' being about Jews only is an idea created by the Pre-trib Rapture theorists. It's an idea designed to support Darby's false idea that Jesus comes to rapture His Church to heaven PRIOR to the great tribulation. It is a leaven doctrine by men ADDED to God's Word. They were forced to create such an idea because Bible prophecy about the "great tribulation" reveals Christ's faithful saints still on earth being persecuted by the beast. It's even a prophecy given through Daniel (see Daniel 8:23-25; Daniel 11:32-35).

Reactions: Keraz

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is martyred who are overcome.

I agree, and have already stated in other posts that the Philadelphians are already overcomers and are protected throughout. If I repeated everything I've already stated, my posts would be a book.

P.S. That is as far as I read. I'm off to bed now. Good night Tim I want to read the rest, but tomorrow.

Last edited:

miss

Dec 6, 2021
pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do the "locusts" in Revelation 9:3, 7-10 represent? Please provide scriptural reference-if possible-to support your responses. I know of scriptural references on this subject, but I am interested in other opinions.

these are all the non adam souls who died . 2.4 B of them or more about to arrive.

soldierofchrist174

Dec 11, 2021
Queens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Marty fox

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do the "locusts" in Revelation 9:3, 7-10 represent? Please provide scriptural reference-if possible-to support your responses. I know of scriptural references on this subject, but I am interested in other opinions.

They come out of the bottomless pit - they are demons.

They have the shape of horses with wings, men’s faces, and lions teeth, plus their tails stung men like scorpions tails, and their king is a demon from the bottomless pit, and his name is Apollyon.

We won’t be able to see them, anymore than we can see demons who roam around today, but their effects on men they sting will be very noticeable.

Thus they aren’t military helicopters or Chinese Calvary - China doesn’t use horses in the military at all.

God allowed John to see them, just as Enoch saw into the spirit world.

nenagana

Oct 1, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

mTDJ8Xt.jpg

(the emmanuel, or according to Isaiah 7 Immanuel, or babylon for Ianna............which is translated to mean "locust or fairy" (small women with wings)

(when jesus performed his miracles or the apostles (pyramid builder and soulmate covenant, or the tower of babel events)...............they literally saw small women flying around)

(its not an activity humanity is apointed to do, humanities actions at the end of time, are only concerned with disputing its pleasures and filth with the testimony of the gospel, that ends up substituting all signs and visions with prayers................which is why we said, what the usa does to me in its pleasure and uncleanness continually..............is a multiplier for the pandemic, but this is a controversy for ousting the jews out of jerusalem, perhaps other places as well)

(EDIT)

(I will delay my conversations with the Philadelphia Homicide Unit, it would be rash considering an ability I may have to perform a miracle, right now I cannot, out of my own discernment) (at that time we will solve the "boy in the box 1995" murder case, and reveal that despite the reports or evidences, it was really a small girl's body, in a very small gift box)

(the legal reason is that, more information from my testimony has been provided in cross relation, also in relation to martyrdom, so the issue is delayed on my part)

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Later in Revelation 12:15, we are shown the serpent casts out of his MOUTH waters AS a flood after the symbolic 'woman' of that time that keep God's commandments and have the Testimony of Christ (Christ's Church).
The so called symbolic woman is Israel, per the Old Testament symbology of the sun, moon, and stars around her head. Messiah came out of Israel.

Reactions: Brakelite

soldierofchrist174

Dec 11, 2021
Queens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They come out of the bottomless pit - they are demons.

They have the shape of horses with wings, men’s faces, and lions teeth, plus their tails stung men like scorpions tails, and their king is a demon from the bottomless pit, and his name is Apollyon.

We won’t be able to see them, anymore than we can see demons who roam around today, but their effects on men they sting will be very noticeable.

Thus they aren’t military helicopters or Chinese Calvary - China doesn’t use horses in the military at all.

God allowed John to see them, just as Enoch saw into the spirit world.
Luke 10:17-20
King James Version

17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. (bottomless pit is sinful earth spiritually)

19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Revelation 9:1-6
King James Version

9 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
(Only the Real Jesus Christ owns the key)
2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree (obvious talking about all God's elects); but only those men (obvious all nonelects) which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Don't take these passage of scripture literally...

The Bottomless Pit
“Tormented Five Months” – A Study of Revelation 9:5

Reactions: Marty fox

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The so called symbolic woman is Israel, per the Old Testament symbology of the sun, moon, and stars around her head. Messiah came out of Israel.

At the start of the Revelation 12 chapter it is about the Seed of the woman, which would bear Jesus Christ. That was from the man Adam all the way down to Mary per the Book of Luke. The only part of Israel that pointed to was those among the seed of Israel that believed The Gospel inherited from Abraham.

But at the latter part of the Rev.12 chapter about those who have the Testimony of Jesus Christ, that is SPECIFICALLY about Christ's Church, which is made up of BOTH believing Israelites and believing Gentiles, together, as one body in Christ.

God's Israel is The Church.

Reactions: Keraz

nenagana

Oct 1, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Locusts in Revelation (Topic Issued a Theological Refund Ticket)

(Thinking)

jQ1Kefi.jpg

(Reply ------------- the Antichrist has Six Fingers -------------- Have you ever heard of that statement? ............... five fingers and the other one ................ the pyramid builder and his soulmate argument is not inert, if its not something that person decides to do, its an inert argument.......................however, its not really the son of man only, the original word for a women that believed in strange tales was an abductee, and for some reasons, people later claimed there were aliens and ufos, but in reality...................a lot of unexplained things can happen when the natural lifespan or family structure is change, for good or bad, life sometimes goes on) (BACK TO TOPIC)

I CHRONICLES 5:17 All these were reckoned by genealogies in the days of Jotham king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam king of Israel.
I CHRONICLES 5:24 And these [were] the heads of the house of their fathers, even Epher, and Ishi, and Eliel, and Azriel, and Jeremiah, and Hodaviah, and Jahdiel, mighty men of valour, famous men, [and] heads of the house of their fathers.
I CHRONICLES 5:26 And the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul king of Assyria, and the spirit of Tilgathpilneser king of Assyria, and he carried them away, even the Reubenites, and the Gadites, and the half tribe of Manasseh, and brought them unto Halah, and Habor, and Hara, and to the river Gozan, unto this day.
(Jeroboam stole ten tribes from King David, and later we learn, that King David didn't call this a sin, but call this a genealogy and appears to bless the language)
(his spirit was awakened, and it almost appears, that he did not necessarily take wives, but he took beasts of the field for wives, or this was apart of it) (the "locusts in revelation" is an extension argument for the "pyramid builder and his soulmate", in certain circumstances) (Legal)

(God's principal concern is the process of faith or prayer, a sign or a vision is sadly classified as a priviledge..............in disputing with god..............a women is not a requirement of anything, that cannot be substituted with martyrdom.............a sign or a vision can therefore be, classified as the crucifixion of jesus for the saints in the new testaments)

(it is based on this legal understanding, we estimated, the number of years god dispute the uncleanness of satan, does not exceed the 40th year of life for the elect he has in view..............so the 40th birthday or around that time, is a common statement in the new testament, or generally this ties also into the old testament)

(the locusts in revelation argument may not be something that has any value to me, or the son of man, there is a lesser way to express that argument, with his soulmate only, not as an extension or a generated argument)

(everything will be resolved soon, we take the assumption that god will go forwards with his blessing regardless of this or that, in his cyclical behavior, without respect to persons, or the gospel's tables in disputing man's dirth charge/earth field/generational decay)

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 10:17-20
King James Version

17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. (bottomless pit is sinful earth spiritually)

19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Revelation 9:1-6
King James Version

9 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
(Only the Real Jesus Christ owns the key)
2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree (obvious talking about all God's elects); but only those men (obvious all nonelects) which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Don't take these passage of scripture literally...

The Bottomless Pit
“Tormented Five Months” – A Study of Revelation 9:5

Read Ephesians 6:12, we fight spiritual warfare against Satan and demonic powers, and as believers if we put on the whole armour of God, we have power over the dragon and demonic powers.

In both scriptures you cited, the scorpions are demons:

Satan and scorpions are the devil and demons.

Yes, there are literal demons and the antichrist will be possessed by Satan himself.

I’ll stick with the fact that the scorpions who’s king is a demon, (and both they and their king come out of the same bottomless pit Satan is bound in for a thousand years during the literal millennium reign of Jesus on the earth), are literally demons.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They represent 'men'. Revelation 9:7 says they have the 'faces of men'.

The first actual mention of this locust army was back in the Book of Joel. God called them, "My great army I sent among you." (Joel 2:25). In Joel 2:20 He points to the "northern army" coming upon the land of Israel.

Joel 1:6 says they symbolically have the 'teeth of a lion', as Revelation 9:8 does also.

Those symbols God uses to show us 'how' symbolically those men attack peoples during the 5th and 6th Trumpet - Woe periods.

They are not allowed to hurt any green thing, per Revelation 9:4, but only those men who do NOT have God's sealing (sealing by The Holy Spirit).

Later on the 6th Trumpet, we are shown their power is in their MOUTH. What comes out of one's mouth? Words. This is showing us that the 'stinging' of these symbolic locusts is by what comes out of their MOUTHS.

Later in Revelation 12:15, we are shown the serpent casts out of his MOUTH waters AS a flood after the symbolic 'woman' of that time that keep God's commandments and have the Testimony of Christ (Christ's Church).

The very first Sign Lord Jesus gave us in His Olivet discourse was to not allow any man to 'deceive' us.

So the main danger for the last days is DECEPTION, and those locusts represent "a nation" (Joel 1:5-6) coming upon His people in the last days, a certain group of workers upon the earth that work for the devil.

What it is definitely NOT about... is a literal military army.
Interesting! I have a similar understanding.
Yes, not a literal military army, but rather a global medical army, stinging everyone they can with an injection of a vaccine.

Literal locusts can't and don't "sting" anything or anyone.
The symbolism to understand here is that the "stinging" operation is carried out by men and women, on a global scale.

In John's vision, we must be careful to remember that he was being shown things that were to come in the future.
So really, what did John know about vaccines and innoculations by needles/syringes? Nothing!
Is there a reputable biblical understanding from the OT, that should be solely the reasoning of how to describe these particuliar locusts that John describes? Not necessarily.

Therefore, in his mind of 95AD, he had nothing to compare it to, except for that of a swarm of locusts having the ability and purpose to sting. So why the "stinging", when locusts DON'T sting? Right there is a flag telling us that they are NOT locusts, but rather men and women, on a global mission to sting people with a venom(?).

I have alot more to share, but I will stop here for now, so that all can digest the simple facts of what we all are really looking at right now.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also realize that there is this common belief of church-ianity, that satan shall unleash his horde of fallen angels (like locusts), that were cast out of Heaven with him, onto all who do not have the Seal of God (the indwelling of God's Holy Spirit). Although that sounds something that some might want to think is happening , let's remember that the fallen angels, aka "demons", "legion", can't do anything in this physical world, unless they inhabit a life form that is physical.
Back to my premise of what I introduced, i perceive that it is a global medical army of people doing the actual "stinging".

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I got stung and hasn’t hurt me. I haven’t been longing for death for five months.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I got stung and hasn’t hurt me. I haven’t been longing for death for five months.
Here are some basics for understanding of what is going on:
It's not the "sting" that we have to be concerned about, it's what is in the "stinger". Therefore, what is to "hurt men for 5 months", can be a reaction months or a few years from now, in those who DO NOT HAVE God's Holy Spirit.
Or then again, the "hurt" is not necessarily in the form of pain,
but rather
to alter and/or cause damage to that which is the original!!

So why are they using an mRNA vaccine, that has been in research for the past 50 years? And but of course, suddenly after COVID, within a year medical science has the cure-all to combat this man made virus??The Long History of mRNA Vaccines | Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health

If you have any basic layman's knowledge about genes and virology, you will know that within us, we have DNA and RNA molecules. The new vaccines, are labeled as mRNA. So then, what does the lower case "m" in mRNA mean? It means "messenger". Messenger to what? Messenger to our DNA.

Here is some medical data that will help to get you to think in line of what they are actually doing:
"DNA is a double-stranded molecule , while RNA is a single-stranded molecule. ... DNA and RNA perform different functions in humans. DNA is responsible for storing and transferring genetic information, while RNA directly codes for amino acids and acts as a messenger between DNA and ribosomes to make proteins."

"DNA is a complex 4 letter biological programming code that stores a fantastic amount of information in an incredibly small area, to the point they are developing DNA data storage systems, that convert the simpler computer binary code to the 4 letter DNA code, and store data on strands of DNA."
"It stores so much data that the entire internet could be backed-up on a gram of DNA."

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not see, percieve, comprehend and understand that WE ALL are NOW being prepped like experimental animals, for the mark of the Beast?
The entire package deal is NOT going to be "religious" in any way!!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ Has anyone here any factual knowledge of "computer binary codes"?

I once had a site that fully explained the
"bar code" system, having the primary numbers IN EVERY "bar code", that we see and use to "buy and sell", containing the three numbers of 666 arrayed in every bar code differently.
I will try to find that site again, and post it here.
Earburner

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To each his own but I am not afraid of the virus or the "vaccine". I do not think it is the locusts of revelation. I think people are worried when they shouldn't be. If you know God you will be fine either way. Nothing by any means shall hurt me until my testimony is over.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
To each his own but I am not afraid of the virus or the "vaccine". I do not think it is the locusts of revelation. I think people are worried when they shouldn't be. If you know God you will be fine either way. Nothing by any means shall hurt me until my testimony is over.
@Mantis Someone said: Man is immortal, till his work is done....

A good way of looking at personal testimony (while of course using God-sanctioned means to protect and sound doctrine to build faith and practice...)

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev. 3[1] And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
[2] Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
[3] Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Either the church is asleep, or it has fallen out of "the faith of Jesus", and now lives through the vain faith in and of itself, just like the church of Sardis.

Jesus does NOT know the time of His sudden return, but He surely did inform us of what the cause of it will be!
Luke 18[8] I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Wake up!