#Log Off

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would my prayers lose value if I never told others I prayed for them? If God got the glory and I got none would that hurt somehow?

If I don't post about what I do on Facebook, does that mean Im not doing anything?

Do I need selfies to be beautiful? Who's attention do I need?

If God wants us unseen for a season or even a lifetime, is that okay with us? If no one recognizes how spiritual we are, if no one likes our posts anymore, if the emotional vacuum never seems to be filled, its time to go to the secret place where only God sees. Only He truly understands. And He won't share His treasures unless we stop seeking after lesser things.

Do we crave the praise of God or the validation of men?

Ive spent too long trying to be seen. It's time to give God all the glory and decrease so Christ increases. It's time to log off.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sundays I don't log off til later. It's my religious interaction for the week. Hope you have a great night!

Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would my prayers lose value if I never told others I prayed for them? If God got the glory and I got none would that hurt somehow?

If I don't post about what I do on Facebook, does that mean Im not doing anything?

If God wants us unseen for a season or even a lifetime, is that okay with us? If no one recognizes how spiritual we are, if no one likes our posts anymore, if the emotional vacuum never seems to be filled, its time to go to the secret place where only God sees. Only He truly understands. And He won't share His treasures unless we stop seeking after lesser things.

Ive spent too long trying to be seen. It's time to give God all the glory and decrease so Christ increases. It's time to log off.

Only you can answer those questions. I do know social media can create temptations for self-glory. Just have to do what the Lord leads you to do.

Reactions: Wynona

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Ahhhh, that pesky self! All God's children journey towards the realisation that all the glory belongs to God. It is evidenced by the nature of the words we share and the attitudes we nurture.

Reactions: Wynona and amadeus

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would my prayers lose value if I never told others I prayed for them?
This one probably deserves its own thread.

I guess there is a time to every purpose under heaven. A time to go to our prayer closet and pray to our Father in secret (Matthew 6:6 reference.) And a time to encourage others by letting them know you're praying for them, which Paul does often in his letters.

(And as I would likewise like to encourage you as you deal with the full-time demands of being a mother to a new-born child.)

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona
...A time to speak and a time to be silent! Jesus spoke often and much, but also he knew there were times to hold his tongue and he did so. Are we not to be like Him? Who is leading us and controlling our tongue?

Jas 3:5Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
Jas 3:6And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
Jas 3:7For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
Jas 3:8But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one probably deserves its own thread.

I guess there is a time to every purpose under heaven. A time to go to our prayer closet and pray to our Father in secret (Matthew 6:6 reference.) And a time to encourage others by letting them know you're praying for them, which Paul does often in his letters.

(And as I would likewise like to encourage you as you deal with the full-time demands of being a mother to a new-born child.)
Thank you for your prayers. This response, I think is helpful. Paul did tell others he prayed for them as an encouragement.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Profound thoughts!

I think we can receive all our emotional needs filled as we meet with God in our secret place. Maybe I have a question to add to your questions, Is my Heavenly Father truly my primary relationship?

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: Wynona

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think we are supposed to place the light up high, not hide it. This might help?:

"Nobody" by Casting Crowns

Reactions: Lambano