Logical and Dialectical Reasoning in Scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"dying, you will die"

"unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground (@VictoryinJesus)
and dies, it will not produce a crop"

whoa--i mean woe, i guess--is dying a good thing or a bad thing?

I see this as, in the first instance you give, the part of Adam that could spiritually grasp God, dying. (Bad)

In the second instance you give, I see it as the remaining part that didn't die in the first instance, dying so the part that spiritually grasps God lives. (Good)

Probably I just sound crazy though.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We need to remember that Paul was not aware that he was writing New Testament Scripture that would be read in churches of alien cultures for 2,000 years.
believe what you like, but i would sure test that one.
i would be forgetting that as soon as i could, we are talking about Paul of Tarsus, who likely would have been famous without the Bibles' help. I get why the Scriptural story might encourage that pov, but i would at least seek corroboration from extra-Biblical sources, bc wadr the Biblical ones are carefully crafted to tail with other NT Scripture, and i doubt Paul even wrote those without quite a bit of collaboration from others, Cyrenes, etc.

its possible, even likely, that the entire NT is a collaboration

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"
1. Analytic thinkers are more subject to nine-ending pricing than holistic thinkers.

“Analytic thinkers tend to view the nine-ending price as lower because of the difference in the left-most digit. In contrast, holistic thinkers tend to view all price digits as a whole and are less subject to the nine-ending price effect,” Tu said. “We identified that when individuals are more inclined to holistic thinking (versus analytic thinking), the effectiveness of a nine-ending pricing tactic is pretty weak.” $2.99 or $3.00? Will a Penny Difference Get You to the Checkout Counter?

I supposed that maybe everyone just does as I do and when they see 9.99 they just say, it's 10.00...

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I see this as, in the first instance you give, the part of Adam that could spiritually grasp God, dying. (Bad)

In the second instance you give, I see it as the remaining part that didn't die in the first instance, dying so the part that spiritually grasps God lives. (Good)

Probably I just sound crazy though.
give what?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I am aware of "oriental expressions", and some of those expressions are altogether wacko.
so then maybe forget "oriental" and consider "naive" v the dialectic you are currently engaging in even in that post, "satan's." which i still use all the time ok, dont get me wrong

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, however that does not really address the fact that the pricing structure works on your "other" peers, lets say

Yes, but what I was saying is that I didn't know it worked on them. I just assumed they saw it like me.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, but what I was saying is that I didn't know it worked on them. I just assumed they saw it like me.
Ha well I guess "they" do, same as me, but i guess this still does not mean that we are not susceptible to that pricing scheme? Iow do you decline to buy a product at any price that ends in 99?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha well I guess "they" do, same as me, but i guess this still does not mean that we are not susceptible to that pricing scheme? Iow do you decline to buy a product at any price that ends in 99?

No. If I need the product, I buy it at 10.00 rather than thinking I am buying it at 9.00! To be more exact, I buy it at 10.06, because Nancy Pelosi needs a new facelift.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Paul's wisdom in the spiritual vs physical is one reason why I love studying his teachings. I believe his wisdom exceeds Solomon's concerning the spiritual matters.
Paul had a truly wonderful grasp of divine truth... :)

Whether re. the church, re. Israel...their place in God's scheme of things was truly grasped by Paul as led by the Spirit of God, like a huge panorama, it seems...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No. If I need the product, I buy it at 10.00 rather than thinking I am buying it at 9.00! To be more exact, I buy it at 10.06, because Nancy Pelosi needs a new facelift.
Ok and not only that, see--that part becomes more or less irrelevant--because what we aren't considering yet is that in that model, you would have "paid" 6.99 ten years ago, and 4.29 twenty years ago, right? And that's a totally normal thing, yes? And taxes also "go up," etc.
Prices "go up" in the "common market," independent of "supply and demand" fluctuations, which also occur, in either market.

See the Tower that is being built? Higher and higher it goes? So then you are driven to lower and lower, you goto "barley" for a deal, see, until that gets popular enough to get monetized, too, as...oh, i guess pot maybe, most recently, although there are other factors involved there, that's a better example for another monetizing concept, the rape of Tamar, but nevermind for now, this is prolly the rape too i guess.

So now we more or less pay more for less, and the more is reserved for the rich, and our world, our borders, just contract down a little more. Well not mine, I'm committed now to the black market, but generally speaking anyway.
Bible Search: Barley

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok and not only that, see--that part becomes more or less irrelevant--because what we aren't considering yet is that in that model, you would have "paid" 6.99 ten years ago, and 4.29 twenty years ago, right? And that's a totally normal thing, yes? And taxes also "go up," etc.
Prices "go up" in the "common market," independent of "supply and demand" fluctuations, which also occur, in either market.

See the Tower that is being built? Higher and higher it goes? So then you are driven to lower and lower, you goto "barley" for a deal, see, until that gets popular enough to get monetized, too, as...oh, i guess pot maybe, most recently, although there are other factors involved there, that's a better example for another monetizing concept, the rape of Tamar, but nevermind for now, this is prolly the rape too i guess.

So now we more or less pay more for less, and the more is reserved for the rich, and our world, our borders, just contract down a little more. Well not mine, I'm committed now to the black market, but generally speaking anyway.
Bible Search: Barley

Oh my gosh, don't get me started! In my previous business, before my life imploded (which I am thankful for) I charged customers 600 per day for my work and I charged 400 per day for the work of other artists in my employ.

I BEGAN just charging 200 per day for my own work. As the price of my supplies went up, gas went up, new taxes were added yearly to my business, etc., I had to keep raising what I charged. And even at 600 per day, well over half of it did not come to me.

So despite going from 200 per day to 600 per day, I did not make any more money. My prices weren't incrementally raised over the years to make more money for me. They were raised to keep my pay THE SAME. Then I realized one day that we are all cannibals. I was cannibalized by the government, as were my own suppliers. We, in turn, had to cannibalize our own customers.

When I sat down with pen and paper and tried to understand, my shocked thought was: this is unsustainable. Its a house of cards and it will topple eventually. It is mostly caused by the government. But when it gets to the point that too many climb on the back of each worker, with more men attempting to get their bread by the sweat of someone ELSES brow than there are men attempting to get their bread by the sweat of their OWN brow, it cannot be sustained. A workhorse can only carry so much weight before he collapses and is ruined.

And don't get me started on letting your money make you more money. Its a ruse. The only way it seemingly happens is by you climbing on another fellows back. Your money is not making you more money. The sweat of someone else's brow is!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Oh my gosh, don't get me started! In my previous business, before my life imploded (which I am thankful for) I charged customers 600 per day for my work and I charged 400 per day for the work of other artists in my employ.

I BEGAN just charging 200 per day for my own work. As the price of my supplies went up, gas went up, new taxes were added yearly to my business, etc., I had to keep raising what I charged. And even at 600 per day, well over half of it did not come to me.

So despite going from 200 per day to 600 per day, I did not make any more money. My prices weren't incrementally raised over the years to make more money for me. They were raised to keep my pay THE SAME. Then I realized one day that we are all cannibals. I was cannibalized by the government, as were my own suppliers. We, in turn, had to cannibalize our own customers.

When I sat down with pen and paper and tried to understand, my shocked thought was: this is unsustainable. Its a house of cards and it will topple eventually. It is mostly caused by the government. But when it gets to the point that too many climb on the back of each worker, with more men attempting to get their bread by the sweat of someone ELSES brow than there are men attempting to get their bread by the sweat of their OWN brow, it cannot be sustained. A workhorse can only carry so much weight before he collapses and is ruined.

And don't get me started on letting your money make you more money. Its a ruse. The only way it seemingly happens is by you climbing on another fellows back. Your money is not making you more money. The sweat of someone else's brow is!
yet you are still...spending money on food, right