• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @101G,

First let me say that Jesus exists in a finite human body (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

Secondly, concerning sitting on the throne, I would like to quote a verse that you have also quoted,

Rev 3:21, To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

So you are right in saying that there is only one throne. The throne that Jesus is sitting in is the throne of His Father. And we also will be sitting in that same throne, according to that scripture.

Note that Jesus is set down "with" His Father in His throne.

So that Jesus is another of the same sort is faithful.

Jesus and the Father are the same Spirit (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4); because Jesus is also God.

The distinction is that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7); and the Father is an eternal Spirit (Hebrews 9:14, John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4) who inhabiteth eternity (Isaiah 57:15).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 11:25, At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Luk 10:21, In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure we are disagreeing. A throne is just a chair which symbolises rule and authority.
God is not just spirit, ie everywhere, but has a distinct presence in some locations and not others.
First thanks for the reply, and second, it's good to hear sounf questions.

ok, correct, there is no LITERAL Throne in heaven, this is symbolic language to show or give us understanding that it's the Lord Jesus who have ALL POWER, in heaven and on Earth.

and yes, God is a spirit that Manifest, Appear, and Do/Work anywhere his name is called upon, scripture, Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." (HOW MUCH? ... ALL OF IT).
Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"
Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

see most christians miss that last part of this last verse.... listen, "and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
HOLD IT stop the press, is not the Lord Jesus setting in heaven on the THRONE, waiting until, until, until, his enemies is made his footstool. so how can he be in Heaven and with all of us ... even unto the end of the world? well he do it by his "Spirit", listen, and most christian miss this, 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." and how many "Spirit" are there? that's right ONE. scripture, Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth."

who was sent into the EARTH, the HOLY SPIRIT, and 2 Corinthians 3:17 states, "Now the Lord is that Spirit". BINGO.

Jesus as a man had to demonstrate Himself to God, even though He was God.

the Lord Jesus was G2758 κενόω kenoo when he took on flesh and blood. he was made lower than the angels. for the suffering and the death to come.

yes, Jesus was just lik you and I, supportive scripture, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"Philippians 2:8 "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

Now, the Holy Spirit, God called his own diversity, Jesus a man, let's hear it. Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones." and that man is Jesus, the Lord.

so yes we do agree on some things, but where we differ is separation of Person in the Godhead vs one person "SHARED, or diversified in the Godhead.

thanks for the question.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @101G,

First let me say that Jesus exists in a finite human body (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7).

Secondly, concerning sitting on the throne, I would like to quote a verse that you have also quoted,

Rev 3:21, To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

So you are right in saying that there is only one throne. The throne that Jesus is sitting in is the throne of His Father. And we also will be sitting in that same throne, according to that scripture.

Note that Jesus is set down "with" His Father in His throne.

So that Jesus is another of the same sort is faithful.

Jesus and the Father are the same Spirit (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4); because Jesus is also God.

The distinction is that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh (1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7); and the Father is an eternal Spirit (Hebrews 9:14, John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4) who inhabiteth eternity (Isaiah 57:15).
justbyfaith, justbyfaith, my God did you read post #19. there is no actual throne in heaven. sitting is in is in "POWER". he who overcome will "RULE" with him. sa with the parbale given, fathful over little, "RULER" over a lot.

we will be "ruling" cities, some 10 cities, others 5 ... and so.

understand justbyfaith. sitting on a throne is symbolic for a work is finish. and sitting in is in "POWER". for there is only one POWER and that POWER is in Christ, Just as you are born again are in Christ Jesus, the Spirit. and you who overcome will "Sit in", meaning have "POWER".

we suggest you research this saying... ok.

I cain't believe some of these thing I'm hearing, which are basic bible study. 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

there is a message in that first part of the scripture. as well as the later half.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with that premise.
that's your choice, in POWER will come back to hunt you, mark my words..... (smile).

now to give you a taste to come... Question, Ephesians 2:6 "And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"

justbyfaith, are you seated, literally, right now in Heavenly places? this is a test to see if you know the word of God... YOUR ANSWER PLEASE.

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's your choice, in POWER will come back to hunt you, mark my words..... (smile).

now to give you a taste to come... Question, Ephesians 2:6 "And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"

justbyfaith, are you seated, literally, right now in Heavenly places? this is a test to see if you know the word of God... YOUR ANSWER PLEASE.

PICJAG
Of course I am currently seated in the heavenlies...

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I am currently seated in the heavenlies...
is that literally? ... (smile).... or please explain to us how you're seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"

I cain't wait to hear this

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is that literally? ... (smile).... or please explain to us how you're seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"

PICJAG
It is referring to the fact that my salvation is secure.

When we go to heaven, we obtain "eternal" life...

That means what we become eternal beings in heaven...dwelling in eternity with the High and Lofty One (Isaiah 57:15).

So my life in heaven overlaps with my life on earth.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is referring to the fact that my salvation is secure.

When we go to heaven, we obtain "eternal" life...

That means what we become eternal beings in heaven...dwelling in eternity with the High and Lofty One (Isaiah 57:15).

So my life in heaven overlaps with my life on earth.
LOL, that's all you can come up with? oh well, school is open.

John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."
why because you will receive power, Acts 1:4 "And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me."Acts 1:5 "For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence."

see if you are in Christ you will have the power, why? because he will be IN, IN, IN, you and you will be IN, IN, IN, him.

a poster summited a post a while ago, as to why Christian are not at any hospitals healing the sick and dying. well not for show, of course, but in demonstration of his POWER, listen, Matthew 10:5 "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:"Matthew 10:6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."Matthew 10:7 "And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand."Matthew 10:8 "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give."Matthew 10:9 "Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,"Matthew 10:10 "Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat."

see justbyfaith, a seat is not a literal seat, but authority ... meaning POWER to do. just as your brain is the seat of your thoughts.

we have authority in Christ Jesus, scripture, John 14:14 "If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." well lets see that authority in JESUS NAME.
Acts 3:1 "Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour."Acts 3:2 "And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;"Acts 3:3 "Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms."Acts 3:4 "And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us."Acts 3:5 "And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them."Acts 3:6 "Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk."Acts 3:7 "And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ancle bones received strength."Acts 3:8 "And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God."Acts 3:9 "And all the people saw him walking and praising God:"Acts 3:10 "And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him."Acts 3:11 "And as the lame man which was healed held Peter and John, all the people ran together unto them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly wondering."

and what did Peter say?... Listen,

Acts 3:12 "And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?"Acts 3:13 "The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go."

see justbyfaith, you can listen to those commentaries if you want, bit I say to you, listen to the Holy Ghost, the Lord Jesus.

Acts 1:8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

see it now, the reason why many can't raise any dead because on no belief. John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."

Now as the Holy Ghost said by his apostle Paul, Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (HOLD IT... believe ... IN .. him)

Romans 10:15 "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"

see how can you raise the dead you you don't believe IN, IN, IN, HIM... my God how long will it take before they believe.

PICJAG

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
First thanks for the reply, and second, it's good to hear sounf questions.

ok, correct, there is no LITERAL Throne in heaven, this is symbolic language to show or give us understanding that it's the Lord Jesus who have ALL POWER, in heaven and on Earth.

and yes, God is a spirit that Manifest, Appear, and Do/Work anywhere his name is called upon, scripture, Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." (HOW MUCH? ... ALL OF IT).
Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"
Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

see most christians miss that last part of this last verse.... listen, "and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
HOLD IT stop the press, is not the Lord Jesus setting in heaven on the THRONE, waiting until, until, until, his enemies is made his footstool. so how can he be in Heaven and with all of us ... even unto the end of the world? well he do it by his "Spirit", listen, and most christian miss this, 2 Corinthians 3:17 "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." and how many "Spirit" are there? that's right ONE. scripture, Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth."

who was sent into the EARTH, the HOLY SPIRIT, and 2 Corinthians 3:17 states, "Now the Lord is that Spirit". BINGO.

the Lord Jesus was G2758 κενόω kenoo when he took on flesh and blood. he was made lower than the angels. for the suffering and the death to come.

yes, Jesus was just lik you and I, supportive scripture, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"Philippians 2:8 "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

Now, the Holy Spirit, God called his own diversity, Jesus a man, let's hear it. Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones." and that man is Jesus, the Lord.

so yes we do agree on some things, but where we differ is separation of Person in the Godhead vs one person "SHARED, or diversified in the Godhead.

thanks for the question.

PICJAG

In your discussion about Jesus being with us always, this can be in a sense of awareness and support. Paul talked about being with the churches in spirit, so this language is fairly loose. Jesus says where two or three gather in His name, there He is in the midst. As believers we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit so therefore the Lord is always present wherever we go. The difficulty comes where we try and exclude something rather than embracing the whole.

Wherever God is there is His temple. And if He has a form and can sit, then He can have a throne. Scripture is full of thrones, and the distinction between the Holy and the unclean. Life itself is full of the balance between the two, and there is nothing to suggest this is not also an eternal reality as well.

My emphasis is not on defining that which is fluid, ie changes with the language and situation, but on that which is certain and defined. And the defined areas are how we should behave one to another, and our worship of God. It is obvious to me Jesus dying on the cross is our model of sacrifice and bearing the sin of others. It is this character trait and approach that Jesus and God's will is most keen on us understanding and following. So this is where I stand, and will encourage others to study and grow into. Paul was passionate about this above anything else.

God bless you

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n your discussion about Jesus being with us always, this can be in a sense of awareness and support. Paul talked about being with the churches in spirit, so this language is fairly loose.
first thanks for the reply, not loose, but concrete, listen, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"
John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

when did he, Jesus come? answer on the day of Pentecost.

Just as you said, "with you in Spirit", and now glorified, yes, he's omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. so he came on Pentecost in "POWER".
Wherever God is there is His temple
his body is the church, world wide.

and JESUS is God, hands down. 1 Timothy 6:16. amen.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Amen, as the verse states, "hath", meaning past tense, been done. when one is baptized and is brought up that's our new birth. (which is one of the two witness in the earth today, as with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the second witness), without theses two, whom John and the Lord Jesus "the two witness" instituted, one is lost from the commomwealth. Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

PICJAG

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, as the verse states, "hath", meaning past tense, been done. when one is baptized and is brought up that's our new birth. (which is one of the two witness in the earth today, as with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the second witness), without theses two, whom John and the Lord Jesus "the two witness" instituted, one is lost from the commomwealth. Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

PICJAG
So now we are seated together in the heavenlies. Or as in another place, His with Christ in God.

But as for the two witness . . . clothed in sackcloth . . . prophesying in Jerusalem . . . striking the earth with as many plagues as they want . . . prophesying for 42 months . . . who were you saying these were?

Much love!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now we are seated together in the heavenlies. Or as in another place, His with Christ in God.

But as for the two witness . . . clothed in sackcloth . . . prophesying in Jerusalem . . . striking the earth with as many plagues as they want . . . prophesying for 42 months . . . who were you saying these were?

Much love!
yes, in authority, which he do the works.

the two witness are John the Baptist, and the Lord Jesus the Christ.

clothed in sackcloth, repentance, what was the first thing out of each mouth, John's, Matthew 3:1 "In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,"Matthew 3:2 "And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

the Lord Jesus, Matthew 4:17 "From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

prophesying in Jerusalem, self explanatory.

striking the earth with as many plagues as they want, symbolic of their identies, from Moses and Elijah.

prophesying for 42 months, 3 1/2 years. the lenght of the ministry.

PICJAG

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
first thanks for the reply, not loose, but concrete, listen, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"
John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

when did he, Jesus come? answer on the day of Pentecost.

Just as you said, "with you in Spirit", and now glorified, yes, he's omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. so he came on Pentecost in "POWER".

his body is the church, world wide.

and JESUS is God, hands down. 1 Timothy 6:16. amen.

PICJAG
Sounds like you hold oneness theology. As I have said to me this misses the emotional truth Jesus brings to our lives in the cross, forgiveness and the ability to forgive others no matter their state.

Without a transcendent experience this is not possible. God bless you

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you hold oneness theology. As I have said to me this misses the emotional truth Jesus brings to our lives in the cross, forgiveness and the ability to forgive others no matter their state.

Without a transcendent experience this is not possible. God bless you
first thanks for the reply, second, Oneness? not like the UPC, no the Oneness I have in Christ is not of the Pentecostal. let me say it again, I'M Diversified Oneness. big difference from oneness Pentecostal.

as a matter of fact Diversifed Oneness confirm all truth in God. as the proverb states, Proverbs 18:13.

be blessed.

PICJAG

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
first thanks for the reply, second, Oneness? not like the UPC, no the Oneness I have in Christ is not of the Pentecostal. let me say it again, I'M Diversified Oneness. big difference from oneness Pentecostal.

as a matter of fact Diversifed Oneness confirm all truth in God. as the proverb states, Proverbs 18:13.

be blessed.

PICJAG

Unfortunately the fact you believe your definition defines the revelation for me shows me the emphasis is in totally the wrong place.
Jesus's revelation is about us and our lostness, and how we can attain a walk like His. It fundamentally affects how we think of ourselves and what is important day to day.

And to be honest the devil cannot deceive the Lords people, because His people listen to Him and follow Him.
It is why I am less concerned about heresy rather about where people hearts are and how they are coping with their walk.
Jesus calls us to walk with Him, to be yoked together and to learn His ways. Jesus is Logos, Gods word to our hearts, and that word is "I love you"
But the warning is walk in my ways for be blown away like chaff in the wind. God bless you

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately the fact you believe your definition defines the revelation for me shows me the emphasis is in totally the wrong place.
Jesus's revelation is about us and our lostness, and how we can attain a walk like His. It fundamentally affects how we think of ourselves and what is important day to day.
this is what Diversified Oneness do, since no man could walk in God footsteps, so God came in Natural flesh to show us how to walk with him, and at the same time redeeming us from sin and the Law.

And to be honest the devil cannot deceive the Lords people, because His people listen to Him and follow Him.
I wouldn't go out on that limb... Matthew 24:22 "And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."

PICJAG