Lord let there be a sewing machine tomorrow

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it sounds very petty, but I have a bunch of clothes to make and I already have the fabric and supplies ready, but since I added new responsibilities, I am overwhelmed with sewing them by hand and now I feel like I'm on a deadline.

If it is God's will, please let there be a secondhand sewing machine available so I can whip one out in an hour instead and finish them before my kids grow out of them.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it sounds very petty, but I have a bunch of clothes to make and I already have the fabric and supplies ready, but since I added new responsibilities, I am overwhelmed with sewing them by hand and now I feel like I'm on a deadline.

If it is God's will, please let there be a secondhand sewing machine available so I can whip one out in an hour instead and finish them before my kids grow out of them.
It's not petty. You're doing good work. You need a little help is all.:)

Maybe contact your local Goodwill and ask if they have one. Or, if you have a God's Way shop near you contact them.

Praying for your blessing of a secondhand sewing machine. And, even a new one. Which is not impossible to find at those stores I mentioned.
Glad you're back too. :)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not petty. You're doing good work. You need a little help is all.:)

Maybe contact your local Goodwill and ask if they have one. Or, if you have a God's Way shop near you contact them.

Praying for your blessing of a secondhand sewing machine. And, even a new one. Which is not impossible to find at those stores I mentioned.
Glad you're back too. :)
Thank you! Yes, Goodwill is where I am looking tomorrow. That's the only one around me where I know I could get one. I put my work away for tonight as an act of faith!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you! Yes, Goodwill is where I am looking tomorrow. That's the only one around me where I know I could get one. I put my work away for tonight as an act of faith!
You'll find one. Trust in the Lord.Stay positive. Don't let the thoughts and worry you won't find one enter your mind.

See that sewing machine in your home. Maybe even go to that spot where you'll set it up and picture in your mind it being there.
Think in terms of God did answer your prayer.
Instead of worry, visualize and open up to feel the happiness you'll feel when you have that sewing machine there at home.

When I pray God blessed me with something I'm looking for, that's what I do. I proceed after prayer as if God did bless me with my ask.
Because I trust him to do all that is in my best interest.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have a ReStore shop near you? They carry a lot of home goods.

restore stores locator at DuckDuckGo
I just took a look and didn't see any... I'm kind of in a more hick town and there's not too much around here. I have seen machines at Goodwill though but I thought "pfft, I am a sewing machine."

Well I'm not lol :D

I'll figure it out though. I'm sure one will pop up!

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just took a look and didn't see any... I'm kind of in a more hick town and there's not too much around here. I have seen machines at Goodwill though but I thought "pfft, I am a sewing machine."

Well I'm not lol :D

I'll figure it out though. I'm sure one will pop up!
I'm sure too.:)

You could always check the newspapers, for sale ad's section.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well they did have a few but all way too expensive for ones with missing parts, so now I have to decide if it is worth $80+ for a new one and if the objective is to save money then I guess it is better to just push through it for $0. Otherwise the whole thing is pointless.

I have a serious problem with a big investment when there's always the possibility of me leaving everything behind. So I guess I'll just have to put other things on hold for right now!