Lost woman, solitary hiker, Southern California

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another hiker lost in our mountains in Southern California. This time it's a 22 year old woman hiking by herself. Hiking during our atmospheric river event this past several days!

Hikers get lost in our mountains somewhat frequently here. Usually they are senior citizens and hiking alone! Not long ago, a somewhat younger man disappeared and was found dead.

I always am mystified as to why these people hike alone, instead of using some common sense.

And many rescue workers are sent into the mountains to try to find them.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it happened again. She was found dead on the mountain.

Someone with a drone thought they spotted her body. So that's how rescuers found her.

Only 22 years old. Why hike alone and in atmospheric river conditions???

Brief video...

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another hiker lost in our mountains in Southern California. This time it's a 22 year old woman hiking by herself. Hiking during our atmospheric river event this past several days!

Hikers get lost in our mountains somewhat frequently here. Usually they are senior citizens and hiking alone! Not long ago, a somewhat younger man disappeared and was found dead.

I always am mystified as to why these people hike alone, instead of using some common sense.

And many rescue workers are sent into the mountains to try to find them.
:pray:

I remember reading about actor Julian Sands going missing,found dead months later.

Being it is so dangerous,coyote,mountain lions, why would someone risk it alone?

Reactions: dev553344 and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"atmospheric river"

Another one of these new names invented by the "global weather scientists"?
Our normally drought striken Southern California got bombarded by rain for several days. It came down in torrents on the day the 22 year old hiker choose to hike Mount Baldy!

:pray:

I remember reading about actor Julian Sands going missing,found dead months later.

Being it is so dangerous,coyote,mountain lions, why would someone risk it alone?
I always wonder why these solitary hikers do it, too. Even the terrain is difficult. If they break a leg, they are stranded. Some areas don't have cell service either.

And you know, a few of these lost, solitary hikers have been senior citizens!!! Crazy if you ask me to hike alone at that age.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one happened three weeks ago. A 75 year old fell off a cliff on the mountain and died...

• Sad

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This video has good, comprehensive coverage...

Another 75 year old hiker....but this one found alive at least. But two others were still missing.

• Sad

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this solitary hiker lost for two weeks and just drinking creek water and giving up... rescued by a young couple that were hiking.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in Colorado, one of the best friends I ever had did volunteer work for Rocky Mountain Rescue. Every year they'd get a couple of calls like that. The mountains attract people who just want to be left alone. By the time anybody notices they're missing, it's usually too late.

But yeah, that's one of the things they taught him up front. Buddy system. Never go alone.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mt-Baldy-Danger-s.jpg

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in Colorado, one of the best friends I ever had did volunteer work for Rocky Mountain Rescue. Every year they'd get a couple of calls like that. The mountains attract people who just want to be left alone. By the time anybody notices they're missing, it's usually too late.

But yeah, that's one of the things they taught him up front. Buddy system. Never go alone.
Here in Southern California, it seems to be a fairly regular occurrence.

And so many senior citizens hiking alone!

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's shocking how many people disappear in parks. They wander in and maybe get lost, kidnapped, die of exposure, attacked by an animal, eat something poisonous, who knows? Maybe some even want to disappear.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's shocking how many people disappear in parks. They wander in and maybe get lost, kidnapped, die of exposure, attacked by an animal, eat something poisonous, who knows? Maybe some even want to get lost.
I wondered if the 22 year old woman had a death wish.... hiking alone in the atmospheric river conditions. The rain came down in torrents that day and there was a flash flood alert.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wondered if the 22 year old woman had a death wish.... hiking alone in the atmospheric river conditions. The rain came down in torrents that day and there was a flash flood alert.
Of course, some people don't listen to the news.

I have a neighbor/friend in the building who doesn't listen to news.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gotta wonder. Hiking in heavy rain is NOT fun. Why do it?
I recall earlier that day we even had a little bit of sunshine. But later in the early evening, the heavens opened and the torrents of rain came.

However, we had already had several days of substantial rain. So even with a little sun earlier that day, I think the mountain trails would have been bad.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our normally drought striken Southern California got bombarded by rain for several days. It came down in torrents on the day the 22 year old hiker choose to hike Mount Baldy!

I always wonder why these solitary hikers do it, too. Even the terrain is difficult. If they break a leg, they are stranded. Some areas don't have cell service either.

And you know, a few of these lost, solitary hikers have been senior citizens!!! Crazy if you ask me to hike alone at that age.
I used to hike the San Bernardino mountains alone. Almost got myself killed doing it. Yes it is not wise. But when you're young you might not feel like death is close.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's more...six hikers rescued at 9,000 feet from Mount Baldy. A helicopter had to rescue them.

Some of them were just wearing hoodies and had no gloves!

I think some people have a death wish. "Can't happen to me!" Types are out there too.

You'd have to carry or drag me to that chopper. I am terrified of helicopters.
Of course I'd then need an exorcism after because me as myself would never be on a mountain known for killing hikers .