Love fulfills the law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
mjrhealth said:
Men become priest yet some end up rapists and adulters thinking somehow being a priest would stop all that,

Some look themselves in monasteries taking vows of silence, beating themselves with whips, wearing sackcloth for clothing, having no possessions, lying on cold beds, eating the minimum of food, all this to beat the flesh into submission, but its all show, ‘”look at me God look at what I did”. Gets them no where and they suffer for nothing, and here we have Christians doing the same, trying to put the flesh to death, and in so doing being a slave to the sin they are trying to stop. Yes the devil loves sin, it keeps men from God, keeps them in unbelief, and keeps them in bondage, ashamed to go to Christ so trying to cover there shame in there own righteousness. Wont happen, God is not blind.
The decision by priests to dedicate their entire life to the cloth and remain abstinent shows the right heart. Yes many fail as it is mostly insanity to expect one to live a life of absinence. I agree we can't cover our own sin. But you are not understanding that them wanting to do that is evidence of them hating what they did. IE it shows the right heart. Not trying to stop or make things right is evidence of the wrong heart. Repentance is to be sincere. What comes from this is all Rom 14:5 disagreements.

I use to own many comics. My newly converted friend decided one day to burn them all as it convicted him. I respected his conviction even though I thought he was a tad insane ^_^.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
positive thinking and brainwashing yourself into believing the unseen is seen = eternal life.
Stil lhave no idea where you are coming from. Not sure if you are one of the "law" or "grace" people. I have no idea what "positive thinking" has to do with "faith".

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I use to own many comics. My newly converted friend decided one day to burn them all as it convicted him. I respected his conviction even though I thought he was a tad insane ^_^.
Friend told me of a man who was a drunk, after he gave his life to christ, still did drink just never got drunk. He just could never fanthom the depth of Gods love, but once He got it...

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
mjrhealth said:
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
If you read this with Rom 7:15 what he is saying becomes very clear. We are to hate sin, even though we do sin. We all sin. I thought we were done with that discussion?

What we need to grasp though is that Paul....did not.....continue in murder. IE Your verse here and Rom 7:15 is evidence of the significance of mortal and venial sin.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
mjrhealth said:
Stil lhave no idea where you are coming from. Not sure if you are one of the "law" or "grace" people. I have no idea what "positive thinking" has to do with "faith".
When we think it is our faith alone. Many who teach hyper grace teach that. It is the building blocks of the whole faith for healing and prosperity teaching.

They just don't get that faith to believe Jesus is Lord John 3:16 only comes via the Holy Spirit 1 Cor 12:3 and this only after heart and mind is examined Jer 17:10.

So many Christians think the believe Jesus is Lord. Brainwash themselves into this. They recite scripture over and over. They can go from Christian to atheist in a heart beat.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They just don't get that faith to believe Jesus is Lord John 3:16 only comes via the Holy Spirit 1 Cor 12:3 and this only after heart and mind is examined Jer 17:10.

So many Christians think the believe Jesus is Lord. Brainwash themselves into this. They recite scripture over and over. They can go from Christian to atheist in a heart beat.
Amen, Hate having to quote scripture but with christians the ywont listen to anything else. I had a friend who was a JW, we used to discuss things now and again. Once when I was at his house and he had to drop teh kids off, His wife asked me to tell me bout Christ. Never once needed to quote the bible, she just looked at my face and listened to what I had to say. When I had finished, she said, taht she knew tha tall i said was true, because i quote from experience all her husband did was talk about the bible, she also said that another chritans many years previously had told her the same thing. But every time she wanted to get involved bad things happend, so she let it go. her husband was called but refused it. Find tha all teh time. teh Lords sheep running from Him.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
KingJ said:
When we think it is our faith alone. Many who teach hyper grace teach that. It is the building blocks of the whole faith for healing and prosperity teaching.

There is no tangible love in them, and that only comes through Holy Spirit.